Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Since Brexit between 20 and 30 thousand EU workers have left the NHS and recruitment rates have plunged as foreign workers can't get visas.

IMO nurses are hard to get now because they have to do a degree at uni instead of being paid to train like I was. The pay is just too low to make it worth while.

That's why so many Filipinas are working in the west, as they have a degree and even low NHS wages are better than what they'd get in the Philippines.

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Decades ago when I started nursing, I had considered being ambulance driver or working in A and E. Given the <deleted> people they have to deal with now, there is no way I'd even think about it today.

It was a different world back then, when most people had some consideration for others.

They keep theirselves supported with joking and messaging on FD. 

My daughter loves her job,  i joke with her saying when you come holiday i will put a flashing blue light and siren on my truck and you can drive in Thailand for me. ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

They keep theirselves supported with joking and messaging on FD. 

My daughter loves her job,  i joke with her saying when you come holiday i will put a flashing blue light and siren on my truck and you can drive in Thailand for me. ????

I'd have loved to be a paramedic, or work in A and E, but it's not the work that was the problem- blood and guts don't bother me- it was the <deleted> that attack people trying to help them. I wouldn't take that garbage and would have ended up getting fired. In the end I couldn't even tolerate the <deleted> on the wards and got a job in theatres where I didn't have to worry about <deleted> people.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd have loved to be a paramedic, or work in A and E, but it's not the work that was the problem- blood and guts don't bother me- it was the <deleted> that attack people trying to help them. I wouldn't take that garbage and would have ended up getting fired. In the end I couldn't even tolerate the <deleted> on the wards and got a job in theatres where I didn't have to worry about <deleted> people.

My daughter has been trained by airlines to deal with difficult people her previous job,  which has been an asset in her now paramedic employment.

They waist a lot time these days waiting for nurse or doctor to receive there so called emergency patients into the hospital and there lies another problem.

Going to external accidents obviously is not a problem only keeping them alive until A&E can take them in. 

It's the house calls resulting in the emergency caller opening the door and asking if they would like a cup of tea. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which will continue till penalties are introduced for crank calls.

There not crank calls there made by lonely elderly people having panic attacks for example.

Social services are notified by the paramedic teams but there's as usual a lack of staff. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

There not crank calls there made by lonely elderly people having panic attacks for example.

Social services are notified by the paramedic teams but there's as usual a lack of staff. 

Ambulances are needed  saving lives, not as some sort of comfort service.

Social services lack staff- what a surprise, given the sort of people they have to deal with now. They deserve medals ( and a huge bonus ) for doing that job.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Social services lack staff- what a surprise, given the sort of people they have to deal with now. They deserve medals ( and a huge bonus ) for doing that job.

So are you saying that over 20,000 people left the ambulance service/emergency/responder/care because they don't like the people they transport? Or that suddenly people have started malingering?

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

So are you saying that over 20,000 people left the ambulance service/emergency/responder/care because they don't like the people they transport? Or that suddenly people have started malingering?

Don't be in such a hurry to attack me, LOL.

The comment about short staffing was restricted to social services- NOT the ambulance service.

Nothing to with transporting people.

2 minutes ago, kwilco said:

It is the aftercare services that are so screwed - this is because they left after Brexit. You do understand what is happening in the NHS, don't you?

Given I worked in it for years I have an idea. Bad management and bullying managers don't make for a happy organisation. Might have helped if they paid enough to entice British people to become nurses.

well my family has Doctors and Physios who have "worked for years" but rather than claim family - I look at the evidence -  - but the difference is that perceptions of bad management etc are a constant that doesn't explain the profound b=nose-dive the NHS has take since Brexit. We haven't suddenly got bad managers - we've suddenly lost between 20 and 40 thousand staff. wE are also falling behind the quality offered in EU countries.

You miss my point entirely, which is that British people don't want to work in the NHS. The NHS has exploited overseas workers for years, which is why it's a problem now that they can't get cheap labour, and not enough British qualified.

I was one of the exploited and bullied in the NHS. Only reason I didn't leave it and become a tube driver ( better money, more holidays, free travel in London ) was that I was too old to do so.

These are is such pathetic cliches! - "British don't want to work"? So suddenly after Brexit they won't work???

"Exploited overseas workers" - You can't replace these people without training which takes months or even years - so you admit we need to recruit? Why must we recriut? Because thousands left - not becuase they were suddenlt released from exploitation - they had freedom od moverment and could leave whenec=ver they wanted - they have now gone to otger countries in the EU where wahges may even be better but they don't have to get visas and workpermits or worry about losing their accommodation or listen to racist comments on their way to work.

Calm down, have a cuppa and a lie down then read what I wrote and you might stop making things up.

"British don't want to work" You left out "in the NHS".

"You can't replace these people without training which takes months or even years"

That's right and they haven't been training enough for decades- relying on cheap labour from overseas instead.

All those bad management decisions are now coming back to bite them, and all forseeable.

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

Sadly all you can do is cherry pick and move the goalposts when you argument falls flat.

I make nothing up unlike Brexit , my arguments are based on evidence and reason things tat are anathemas to Brexiteers.

They are NOT training people they have left - what fantasy world do you live in - I have spent the last year looking after elderly people and have seen first hand the problems of he NHS in England I have also witnessed t disappearance of people from the health service at all levels. My best friend from school a retired doctor had to come back into service due to the dite shortage in his area.

All you are doing is grubbing around nonsense looking for a plausible alternative to the "bleedin' obvious" (JC) - just admit it Brexit has been an absolute disaster.

Depite you efforts to change the goalposts re NHS - it isn't just in the NHS this is happening,,,it's been lorry drivers, catering worker/tourist workers - and many. many more. This is NOT happening in the EU as people there have freedom of movement and can work where and when they want.

the only thing "coming back to bite them" is Brexit.

Calm down, it's a forum, not the UN, and I do not have to agree with you, nor does my post have to conform to your druthers and no, I am not blaming Brexit for the long standing deficiencies in NHS management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the clouds of Covid and economic lunacy clear, what remains is the stark reality that anything the world is suffering from is exacerbated by fir the UK by Brexit......

The media is now reporting more and more of the da.aged caused by this aberration...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes they still care for old people doing something wrong they don't treat old people like some people have done recently on another thread. ????????

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Calm down, it's a forum, not the UN, and I do not have to agree with you, nor does my post have to conform to your druthers and no, I am not blaming Brexit for the long standing deficiencies in NHS management.

Remainers will use anything to be able to say I told you so, so just leave them in there bubble and move on. 

Deficiencies in NHS was going on when UK was in EU. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Remainers will use anything to be able to say I told you so, so just leave them in there bubble and move on. 

Deficiencies in NHS was going on when UK was in EU. 

It's true that the Tories were screwing up the NHS before brexit. However, you offer no explanationfor the sudden decline in staffing in the wake of brexit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's true that the Tories were screwing up the NHS before brexit. However, you offer no explanationfor the sudden decline in staffing in the wake of brexit.

Pretty obvious and discussed on LBC talk radio station, 'Covid' was one, cost of living rises many leaving because of low wages. 

Edited by Kwasaki

5 minutes ago, kwilco said:

more and more critics of Brexit are being reported - basically as the cloud of covid nd other "excuses" are stripped away the stark reality remains.....

318153942_10160344991939708_2881815854370518241_n.jpg

Did you read the bit where its says that Brexit was adding/contributing  to the soaring price rises and the main cause was Ukraine and Covid ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 1