Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

34 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Buriram can get quite chilly…

Indeed. But the locals don't complain.

Hat, scarf, gloves and a small fire in the garden. Cheap as chips.

Strange how the folks of Isaan, those branded on here as stupid, hopeless and uneducated are better at taking care of themselves than their supposed superiors in the UK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, his condemnation and lack of empathy were clear. Good to see you agree. 

That is not what I was agreeing with.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

If they voted for Brexit they're certainly not superior......:coffee1:

The way in which people vote is an opinion. Opinions don't reflect superiority. If you think those who disagree with you are inferior, I  sympathise.

Edited by youreavinalaff

25 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That is not what I was agreeing with.

The way in which people vote is an opinion. Opinions don't reflect superiority. If you think those who disagree with you are inferior, I  sympathise.

I hope you aren’t suggesting all opinions are equal?

If so I can save you money on medical advice next time you need it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Indeed. But the locals don't complain.

Hat, scarf, gloves and a small fire in the garden. Cheap as chips.

Strange how the folks of Isaan, those branded on here as stupid, hopeless and uneducated are better at taking care of themselves than their supposed superiors in the UK.

Many a western visitor has taken advantage of the means the poor of Thailand, particularly those from the NE of Thailand, resort to when they are desperate for money.

It’s hardly something to commend.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes. People complaining they don't have enough money to feed their families and have to resort to food banks! What, do they think it's a human right to eat just because they're hungry??

I'm sure they'll be first in line when the food aid packages from EU start arriving, the b******s!

Its about people complaining about having to wear clothes to keep warm, its that principle .

Would you have the same opinion if Lord Brathwaite who lives in a 50 bedroom stately home in the Countryside complained because he cannot afford to heat his stately home and he has to wear clothes at home ?

"My 50 bedroom stately  home is cold in winter and I have to put a coat on when I walk from the master bedroom to the kitchen"

Would you also support him as well ?

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its about people complaining about having to wear clothes to keep warm, its that principle .

Would you have the same opinion if Lord Brathwaite who lives in a 50 bedroom stately home in the Countryside complained because he cannot afford to heat his stately home and he has to wear clothes at home ?

"My 50 bedroom stately  home is cold in winter and I have to put a coat on when I walk from the master bedroom to the kitchen"

When I use to go from bedroom to breakfast room to await the servants bringing breakfast I used a golf cart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

When I use to go from bedroom to breakfast room to await the servants bringing breakfast I used a golf cart. 

Yes, but do you have to wear extra clothes at home to keep warm ? Can you walk around your 50 bedroom stately home wearing the Safari suite that you wore on your last African hunting trip or do you need to out that tweed jacket on .

Absolutely appalling that you need to wear clothes in your home, I blame Brexit

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

People living in poverty and you drag in some fictitious story about a Lord and his mansion.

Cap doffers might be impressed with such nonsense, but it hardly represents the lives lived by millions.

• Like 2

Fact:

The UK economic data for Q3 2022 has been revised down.

Productivity is abysmal.

Growth is stagnant.

Inflation is above 10%

The nation is beset with strikes.

Millions can’t afford to eat regular meals or heat their homes.

Mortgage and rent area are are in ascendance.

Millions are waiting months or years for surgery.

The Government target for GP appointments is 2 weeks (7 times what it was when they came into office).

Food banks and homeless shelters are doing a brisk business.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Many a western visitor has taken advantage of the means the poor of Thailand, particularly those from the NE of Thailand, resort to when they are desperate for money.

It’s hardly something to commend.

????? Seriously. I really cannot keep up with your twists and turns.

There are no words.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

????? Seriously. I really cannot keep up with your twists and turns.

There are no words.

How about constructing an argument relating to the state of the UK economy without having to rely on some irrelevant argument about poverty in the NE of Thailand?! 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but do you have to wear extra clothes at home to keep warm ? Can you walk around your 50 bedroom stately home wearing the Safari suite that you wore on your last African hunting trip or do you need to out that tweed jacket on .

Absolutely appalling that you need to wear clothes in your home, I blame Brexit

My family would not blame brexit we would of been much better off to have never joined the European club in the first place. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

A good part of any discussion, not arguement, is comparisons. Goes with out saying.

Well perhaps a comparison with something a little more relevant than the most impoverished province of Thailand.

Perhaps the condition of the UK economy and levels of poverty in the UK before Brexit vs today might be a better comparison, though not one in favour of Brexit.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

a lot to do with wokeism and torys are worried about their jobs after hounding boris out of office for petty offenses

still they claim boris will be back sometime as sunak gets       low poll ratings

but cost of living crisis looms large over finances