Bat Guano source

PETDCAT

I was only able to get 1kg bags on Lazada. It used to be freely available and cheap, I think they were collecting from caves in national parks. How do you use bat guano and does it have properties that other nutrient sources don't?

12 minutes ago, justmaybe said:

In my experience, Bat guano can be a powerful force for good but it is possible to burn the bejeezus out of plants with it. Expect to love it, but slowly, slowly. Less caution required if growing outside.

You beat me to it,Bat Gauano  can be strong stuff and burn plants.

You would be better off getting some cow manure ,ask around for cattle farms ,for what you need should not be too difficult.

A Thai friend of mine has a small dairy farm ,he has around 10-120 sorted plants ,when I last looked at them, they were really looking good some now 6 foot tall, all growing outside ,been feed lots of cow manure.

• Like 1

thanks everyone, i grow outdoors in large pots. I use a mixture of peat moss, worm castings, bat guano, perlite,coco coir, compost,egg shells and kelp. The amount of bat guano I use is probably 10% of total. I have overdone it before and burnt plants but you learn from experience. This is not the mixture I use for seedlings, they would be in peat/perlite mix.

Edited by PETDCAT
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Best Garden State. Their FB or LINE products list may not have it, but they have a good quality bat guano product last I checked. 

The attached photo is not the BGS product, but a large sack bat and cow manure product that I buy at an ag shop in MaeJo, Chiang Mai. It's labeled as 25% bat, 25% dairy cow, and 50% plant-based organic matter.  I use it as a general purpose organic fertilizer (trees, shrubs, lawn) along with OrganicTotto bokashi fertilizer, and vermi-compost, and I inoculate with soil micro-organisms. 

Bat Guano is a rich source of fast-acting organic Nitrogen, usually about 8 - 10% N. (Don't overdo it,)  Feather meal is good for slow-release organic N. 

Bat Guano.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...