Thai Baht Vs US dollar stupid reversal

Unsure how to react, sometimes.  Yes, USD has lost over 200 Satang in 30 days. But so have other western currencies.  And Baht much higher a year ago.  Currency fluctuations can’t be a good sign for prospective industries looking to leave China.  Vietnam does a better job of holding its currency stable.

The US $ is near decade highs still. Should be happy with current exchange rates. Much of it is due to the FED raising interest rates. You could keep your savings in US $. Hard to predict what will happen in the future. If you get an opportunity, save until the exchange rate is to your liking. Just keep in mind, markets are forward looking and any surprises in rate hikes (or easing) can drastically change things.

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

ha ha ha..

The ESL teacher is smart, the world markets are stupid... 

maybe if you get a pay raise you can control the markets.. 

ok, while I have your attention...

I go. 

we go. 

they go.

he goes

she goes

why is that? I'm stupid too. 

And there you money goes!

Top Tip:   Reduce currency fluctuation worries and stop whingeing!

Put your hard earned cash and savings into  something safe next time like Twitter stocks, Weed or FTX!

Just saying!

image.jpeg.b55275b655f80b34d7ca0a809adcf4ca.jpeg

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Haha 2

During his absence that was about a month Thai ฿ reached 38 against US$. But after he came back in power this is what you see, lower than ฿36. In fact I see that this artificial rate is not holding any price down and inflation is already there. This is not a right way to fight inflation, I found even "orio cookie" price gone up from ฿5 to ฿6 today. Since Thai banks are not able to raise interest rates lowering exchange rate will not be a solution for inflation. 

Edited by The Theory

The USD to THB rate has dropped because currency traders think the US Federal Reserve is done raising interest rates. It isn’t.

As far as English teachers “thinking they are smarter than currency markets,” it’s not about who is smart, or who is a trader and who is a teacher. What matters is who is right. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Everyman said:

The USD to THB rate has dropped because currency traders think the US Federal Reserve is done raising interest rates. It isn’t.

As far as English teachers “thinking they are smarter than currency markets,” it’s not about who is smart, or who is a trader and who is a teacher. What matters is who is right. 

And the Fed goes into silent mode a week before they all meet to announce policy.  So the false rumor that the Fed will stop raising rates continues to drive the USD down.  Here in the LoS—the almighty Baht rises.