Serious COVID-19 infection cases on the rise in Bangkok and tourist provinces

webfact

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Ah, right, a "link", i.e. an "approved" source of information.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

So you continue to post how misinformation is the truth and yet you can not provide any truthful information by a link to a study to prove your post....hmmm

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of the reasons for current excess deaths in the UK, unfortunately some prefer to keep their heads in the rabbit hole with conspiracy theories and ignore the facts.

The British Heart Foundation (BHF) said significant and widespread disruption to heart care services was still driving a surge in excess deaths.

The BHF report describes a “vast backlog of time-sensitive cardiac care”, which has jumped by almost 50% since the pandemic began to nearly 350,000 people.

It warns of millions of “missing” heart patients, diagnosed and undiagnosed, who could have conditions such as high blood pressure that put them at higher risk of heart attack and stroke.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/13/whats-behind-the-mystery-of-thousands-of-excess-deaths-this-summer

I think this is almost certainly part of the cause of the excess deaths.

But this has not jumped massively "since the pandemic began". It has jumped massively since government measures to "control" the pandemic began. It's an important distinction. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 11:57 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Seems like cases are rising again on all countries. The new reformulated vaccines need to be obtained and used, just like the annual flu jab and pneumonia vaccines are reformulated to address the recent variants.

I better not say what I think as I don’t wanna get banned

2 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I think this is almost certainly part of the cause of the excess deaths.

But this has not jumped massively "since the pandemic began". It has jumped massively since government measures to "control" the pandemic began. It's an important distinction. 

The government measures to control the pandemic helped save many lives, the unfortunate consequence of lockdowns of course were some medical care suffered during the pandemic, and delayed diagnosis leads to poor health outcomes for others but that does not mean this figure is greater because of that alone.

8 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I would estimate that the damage caused by lockdowns - medical, psychological, social, and financial - far outweighs any saving of lives that may have happened, and that those negative effects will be felt for decades to come in a very painful way by future generations.

Are you serious? So vaccines did nothing in your book to save people...time to place you on ignore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

I feel really sorry for the anti-vaxxers who, as children, were forced to receive vaccinations for silly diseases.

I only wish there was an antidote to reverse the effects of these silly vaccines so their bodies could be natural. Polio was just a vicious rumour. Hep B and C? Nothing to it

No vaccine for hep c

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Vaccines and lockdowns/restrictions helped bring the worst of the pandemic under control when it was the more dangerous variants, plenty of evidence and studies for this without the need to regurgitate it.

"Regurgitate" is a very appropriate verb.

It wasn't so much "vaccines and lockdowns/restrictions" - remember that the vaccines were heavily spruiked as being the magic bullet to get us beyond the lockdowns.

That in turn became another convenient excuse for demonizing a section of society, with the absurd slogan "a pandemic of the unvaccinated".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

"Regurgitate" is a very appropriate verb.

It wasn't so much "vaccines and lockdowns/restrictions" - remember that the vaccines were heavily spruiked as being the magic bullet to get us beyond the lockdowns.

That in turn became another convenient excuse for demonizing a section of society, with the absurd slogan "a pandemic of the unvaccinated".

What makes you think advice and outcomes remain the same when the virus changed into more dangerous immune escape variants? Why are there no restrictions now? Why were there restrictions when delta was around?

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What makes you think advice and outcomes remain the same when the virus changed into more dangerous immune escape variants? Why are there no restrictions now? Why were there restrictions when delta was around?

Could it be that the vaccinations were just starting to get rolled out at that period in time, and without the vaccines the lockdowns were necessary.  Now with a majority vaccinated there is not a need for lockdowns and we can move forward.  I mean crazy to think this is why isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't think it was the change in the virus but the change in economic conditions.

After two years of stupidly and blindly following a damaging lockdown regime, governments (not least Thailand's) saw what ruinous consequences it was producing, and were forced back into a retreat into something closer to reality and common sense.

Just now, Eleftheros said:

I don't think it was the change in the virus but the change in economic conditions.

After two years of stupidly and blindly following a damaging lockdown regime, governments (not least Thailand's) saw what ruinous consequences it was producing, and were forced back into a retreat into something closer to reality and common sense.

So use of vaccines where a majority were vaccinated had nothing to do with removal of restrictions....wow are you for real?

• Like 1

It was a change in the virus + vaccinations that got the world out of this. Previous lockdowns reduced infections = saved lives. That is the reality.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, JustinCredible said:

I have tried ALL hospitals in Khon Kaen for a Moderna Booster.  They have all responded that they have no vaccine at all.  One even said they were awaiting a Government directive????

Having two of the symptoms that qualify in the "Vulnerable" category this is not the news I want to read.

Was this unelected PM and his soldiers not responsible for being behind most other countries with the supply of vaccines at the beginning of the pandemic causing these field hospitals having eventually to open up?

On 11/14/2022 at 2:11 PM, sungod said:

Just had it again, much more mild the 2nd time around,main thing was sore throat and cough for 2 days.  Double vaccinated with AZ over a year ago and no booster.

Stop the hysteria!

Does this hysteria not meant maybe to further line the pockets again of the soldier government, certain hotels, and most of the medical profession?

2 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Whether your opinion reflects "reality" or not does not disguise the fact that lockdowns were an unprecedentedly damaging blunder on economic, health, social and legal grounds. It may have been the worst health policy ever enacted in history.

I don't agree with the idea that trying to extend the lives of (mainly) the sick and elderly is worth ruining a country for decades to come, the burden of which will fall on the young and future generations.

Such heartwarming sentiment...just let those vulnerable die and let's move on..." Bring out your dead, bring out your dead".  Your a pretty insensitive person it appears and would do nothing to render aid at the scene of an accident or to help someone who was drowning......

• Like 1

Whether your opinion reflects "reality" or not does not disguise the fact that lockdowns were an unprecedentedly damaging blunder on economic, health, social and legal grounds. It may have been the worst health policy ever enacted in history.

I don't agree with the idea that trying to extend the lives of (mainly) the sick and elderly is worth ruining a country for decades to come, the burden of which will fall on the young and future generations.

Its not my opinion though is it. Its evidence based facts. Your opinion is just that, an opinion:

Omicron ended the pandemic to endemic

COVID-19 vaccines have saved 20 million lives so far

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not my opinion though is it. Its evidence based facts. Your opinion is just that, an opinion:

Omicron ended the pandemic to endemic

e who

COVID-19 vaccines have saved 20 million lives so far

"Evidence-based facts"? Come on. The Gavi one is just another of those "mathematical model" studies which were largely responsible for starting the whole train wreck (see Imperial College, Ferguson, Neil, failed predictions of).

Undoubtedly, the timely appearance of Omicron helped, but it is not the case that its appearance was simultaneous with governments stopping restrictions.

New Zealand, for example, moved to "red alert" when Omicron arrived there, and even last week, the NSW government went into panic mode when a cruise ship with Omicron-infected patients was sighted on the horizon - Hazmat suits, quarantines, the whole panoply.

Meanwhile, the UK had to open up months before Omicron made it there.

The decisions made were politically-driven by a belated realization of the enormous damage being done by lockdowns.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Seems like cases are rising again on all countries. The new reformulated vaccines need to be obtained and used, just like the annual flu jab and pneumonia vaccines are reformulated to address the recent variants.

Yeah that's my concern. Are the most recent vaccines updated or not? 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So you continue to post how misinformation is the truth and yet you can not provide any truthful information by a link to a study to prove your post....hmmm

Don't you know that such links are forbidden on this forum?

Please spare me the "misinformation" newspeak.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

"Evidence-based facts"? Come on. The Gavi one is just another of those "mathematical model" studies which were largely responsible for starting the whole train wreck (see Imperial College, Ferguson, Neil, failed predictions of).

Undoubtedly, the timely appearance of Omicron helped, but it is not the case that its appearance was simultaneous with governments stopping restrictions.

New Zealand, for example, moved to "red alert" when Omicron arrived there, and even last week, the NSW government went into panic mode when a cruise ship with Omicron-infected patients was sighted on the horizon - Hazmat suits, quarantines, the whole panoply.

Meanwhile, the UK had to open up months before Omicron made it there.

The decisions made were politically-driven by a belated realization of the enormous damage being done by lockdowns.

Do you have studies that contradict the links I provided?