how to contact a human at LINE?

lsemprini

22 minutes ago, lsemprini said:

Yes, that's the very form she tried many times and no response after 3 days.  Just a bunch of computer-generated platitudes like those we get from the IRS and Facebook and other wonderful organizations.

There must be some kind of underground way to reach them that is suitably hard to find so as to reduce the support burden to where those cheapskates feel they can afford the support labor cost.  As gethuman dot com shows, almost every organization has such an underground method.

Rats! 3 days is a bit rough but maybe they're backed up? My first thought was to try Reddit but the only hit I got was an unanswered question from 101 days ago. Maybe raise another ticket and see what happens?

Screenshot_20221115_175447_Brave.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

My other apps work on different devices, Line wont. Maybe the app has a glitch.  

The app has no glitch perhaps a device you are trying to use does. Take just a second to digest the fact you are the only one saying it does not work on 2 devices. Perhaps just slow down and keep trying. 

I recommend the OP installs DUO. Better picture quality, does not drop out like LINE. Linked to email addresses.

It does seem to be a recent trend for companies to dispense with call centres as a cost-cutting measure. I've had the same experience with iHerb. They don't seem to realize the money they save is less than the cost of the customers they lose.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Well it is the safest way to save to sim. If phone only and phone dies you lose them. Sims last longer than.phones. Aps sometimes go bad.

Contacts are saved to the LINE cloud.

When you replace your device and load LINE to a new one, you contacts are there once you complete the login process.

4 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

My other apps work on different devices, Line wont. Maybe the app has a glitch.  

We need to be more specific and clarify what we mean by devices... i.e. Phones, Laptops, Tablets.

Simply put: 

LINE on Phone + on LapTop = Yes

LINE on Phone + on Tablet = No (I don’t think so anyway).

LINE on Phone + on another Phone = No (I don’t think so anyway).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I recommend the OP installs DUO. Better picture quality, does not drop out like LINE. Linked to email addresses.

That doesn’t help the Op recover their line contacts.

Its like recommending to someone who’s had a car accident to use a different car that handles better, it doesn’t help them get the car fixed (the car analogy still seems to work !!!)

It does seem to be a recent trend for companies to dispense with call centres as a cost-cutting measure. I've had the same experience with iHerb.

Agreed, it can be extremely irritating and painful... By the time we’ve gone through all the ‘bot’ help and help pages etc and still not achieved a solution we really need assistance from a human - these companies seem really not to care at all about customer service - its only about the bottom line.

They don't seem to realize the money they save is less than the cost of the customers they lose.

Erm... actually, I think the do...  these decisions are only about the bottom line. 

When / IF people vote with their wallets / feet more, we’d see improvement, but the problem is this structuring of customer service and help lines is becoming more and more common.

Those companies who do employ more ‘humans’ for customer service are more costly and don’t last because we the customer also demanded the cheapest option. 

I do not know how Line works exactly but it is very unlikely that it downloads all contacts each time on a new login. I believe it stores contacts in cache on the phone, so I suggest to go to the nearest phone repair shop and ask to dump contacts from the memory card.

18 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Some smart IT guys in some shops. I highly doubt its all lost

+

On 11/15/2022 at 10:43 PM, richard_smith237 said:

LINE on Phone + on Tablet = No (I don’t think so anyway).

Definitely works on Iphone and Ipad - gf has had it on both for some years.

Do not see why it should be different on Android but could be I guess.