DOJ announces special counsel for Trump-related Mar-a-Lago and January 6 criminal investigations

Scott

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Trump still trying to incite a violent political uprising:

Dressed in black-tie, the former president attacked his critics and complained about being the victim and labeled special counsel Jack Smith as "super-radical left" without any evidence to back up his claim.

"This is a rigged deal just as the 2020 election was rigged," Trump said, repeating his election lies, "and we can't let them get away with it, we can't do it, we can't let this happen to our country."

"Joe Biden is a corrupt and incompetent political hack," Trump said, as he pivoted to talking about Hunter Biden.

https://www.rawstory.com/special-counsel-trump/

Never has the phenomena of projection been more clearly on public display than in the utterances of Donald J. Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Like to see the Gop shut Garland/ Smith down !How many investigations on Trump,will this make!

Some, like Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., even said that Republicans should use their newly won control of the U.S. House of Representatives to cut off funding for the investigation next Congress.  
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-accuse-biden-weaponizing-doj-trump-special-counsel-appointment

Without even considering the lack of justification for cutting funding off, do you really think all Republicans reps would vote for it?

18 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Garland is a (Shaolin) Master of the Law and saw Trump coming a long long way off and knew exactly what he had to do to serve Justice and the letter of the Law.

I don't envy Garland. Even IF the report says Trump is guilty it is still his responsibility to actually prosecute or not. Now that Trump has said he is running again, if Garland prosecutes the right will say it's political to prevent Trump winning, and if he doesn't, the left will criticize him for not doing so. IMO he is in a lose/ lose situation.

15 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

If we start with the basic principle Two-Wrongs-Don't-Make-A-Right......... I wonder what the point of bringing up Hunter Biden is......... in a discussion about Donald Trump? 

Are you suggesting that because they haven't pursued Hunter Biden sufficiently.......... they therefore also shouldn't pursue Donald Trump?

But that's classic Two-Wrongs-DO- Make-A-Right thinking: "If you're not going to pursue THAT accused criminal......... then you shouldn't pursue THIS accused criminal!:"

Or.......

Are you saying that if they DO go after Hunter Biden the way you think they should........... then it's also perfectly okay to go after Donald Trump, too, with, as they say, "Both guns blazing?"

Because as far as I can see, the only way it makes sense to connect these two situations is to either say........ "It's okay to go after Trump, as long as you go after Biden too."......... or.......... "You shouldn't go after Trump, if you're not also going to pursue Biden!" (Which then becomes, Two-Wrongs-DO-Make-A-Right! Lol)

---------------

Honestly, trying to connect the two seems very bizarre, to me. They are extremely different situations with extraordinarily different ramifications!

Most reasonable people have an issue with biased law enforcement.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To spite the Dems enough may do so. The Dems have been saying some bad things about the GOP which may come back to bite them.

I doubt the pro-Desantis, the Heritage Foundation network, the friends of Murdoch, and the few ones who have been against Trump from Jan. 6 will hurry to hinder the investigation. On top of it, due to the short GOP majority, only 5 or 6 defections will be enough to fail any GOP initiative.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

I doubt the pro-Desantis, the Heritage Foundation network, the friends of Murdoch, and the few ones who have been against Trump from Jan. 6 will hurry to hinder the investigation. On top of it, due to the short GOP majority, only 5 or 6 defections will be enough to fail any GOP initiative.

Given they have not even announced officially that they will try to eliminate the investigation, perhaps we should wait and see if you or I are correct.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given they have not even announced officially that they will try to eliminate the investigation, perhaps we should wait and see if you or I are correct.

It's not me who evoked this scenario, It's your mate riclag. You know, the post you marked with a "thanks" emoticon.

Edited by candide
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but I was conversing with you, not him.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your post. I understood that, as there was only a remote possibility that it may occur, this scenario was not really worth a discussion.

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Dotting all of the I's and crossing all of the T's so it is an iron clad prosecution, just like all cases are done. If you don't have it all locked down vermin tend to slip though a loophole.  That cocaine isn't mine these aren't my pants....

Seems dotting and crossing are taking a very long time. Jan 6 was almost 2 years ago. Just how slow is the American justice system?