Problem with AirBnB host reporting to immigration

21 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Dude. Get a hotel like everyone else. Its much "safer"

Are you saying I should just forget everything going on and get into a hotel? I did not consider that as an option to renting another condo. Would the fact that the current condo owner already having submitted incorrect information have potential to become a headache? 

2 minutes ago, DrHoneydew said:

Are you saying I should just forget everything going on and get into a hotel? I did not consider that as an option to renting another condo. Would the fact that the current condo owner already having submitted incorrect information have potential to become a headache? 

Not at all mate. But with all due respect. This shouldnt be an issue if proper research was done before hand.

I mean no dissrespect to you. My comment was a little tongue in cheek. And i apologise for that. T.i.t bro.

There are other people here that will chime in.  Who are very savy in the condo verse.

Once again. I'm sorry if my post came across as "off"

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Airbnb isn't legal in Thailand to start with.

I had no idea. Just read up on this. As they say nowadays. Fact check: True

Whats more shocking. Loads of places near me. Basically advertise as Airbnb.

Thanks for the info Frits. o7 bro.

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

Going to a lawyer will accomplish nothing. First thing is to take care of your immigration situation by whatever means. Immigration is not going to show any sympathy because your AirBnb host screwed you up. 

How do I fix the immigration situation? I was thinking speaking with a lawyer might tell me that and do so by the book.

5 hours ago, DrHoneydew said:

How do I fix the immigration situation? I was thinking speaking with a lawyer might tell me that and do so by the book.

you can extend on Monday (if your permission to stay expires on Sunday). Go to a hotel for few days that will do a TM30 and then Monday go to immigration to extend it. After you extend it, you can fight with your AirBNb host but I am not sure what that will accomplish. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrHoneydew said:

Just go and see an agent , they will sort out everything for a couple of thousand baht. A lawyer would just be a waste of time/money (truth be told, they would probably get an agent to fix it then bill you on top).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myran said:

If your permit to stay ends on Sunday, you are allowed to show up on Monday to extend it and not be on overstay, since it expires on the weekend and Monday is the next business day.

But isn't the OP's issue that he doesn't have the requisite paperwork from his current 'landlord' to apply for any extension?

The hotel route seems like the fast fix.

Then find some NON-airbnb accommodation. Their whole existence is predicated on finding vacation bolt-holes. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that the OP isn't on holiday.

Another twist to the story is that I have one more AirBnB payment hat will come out in a few days. If I go to a hotel and leave this place, that payment is still going to come out of my account. Should I just pay it anyways and find another rental? In my home country all of this could/should be solved the legal route without fear of retribution, but my fear here is that this dodgy landlord now has my passport info and might cause trouble if they are forced to cancel my stay or make any refunds or worst case, get delisted from AirBnB. Is my fear unwarranted? 

With the hotel option for the TM30 done Sunday/Mon... is that not going to cause any confusion or raise any eyebrows considering the TM30 was submitted by the landlord late Friday? Am I expected to stay at the hotel for a longer period or could I come back to the AirBnB and finish my stay here .... or is that just a bad idea all things considered.

To answer the question about me being on vacation, yes I am I guess. I don't "live" here, but I am staying this time for close to 6 or 7 months.

I think the best option that I am comfortable with is to simply apply for an extension tomorrow and use the address/dates stated on AirBnB. If they find a discrepancy and want to to fix it or deny the application, then so be i. At least I won't put myself in a position to have to lie to immigration. 

If it winds up with an unwanted outcome, then I can leave feedback on AirBnB in the host's reviews and ask AirBnB to cancel my final payment.

My ultimate concern is this landlord loses face and, in retaliation, makes up something to cause me bigger trouble now that they have my passport info.

1 hour ago, DrHoneydew said:

With the hotel option for the TM30 done Sunday/Mon... is that not going to cause any confusion or raise any eyebrows considering the TM30 was submitted by the landlord late Friday?

Did they give you copy of the report receipt or a screenshot of it they did it online.

No need to stay in a hotel if the report was done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did they give you copy of the report receipt or a screenshot of it they did it online.

No need to stay in a hotel if the report was done.

Yes, they provided a screenshot. They reported online late Friday afternoon. The problem is that they reported a different address and check-in date and told me to use their reported info while I apply for an extension. This would put me in a position where I personally provide inaccurate info to immigration and I'm concerned about doing so.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you will be applying for a 30 day extension I cannot see a problem with using the TM30 they did.

Immigration does not normally ask for anything more than the TM30 receipt.

No reason to worry about the TM30 address being different than the actual address I would have to provide on the other forms?

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But isn't the OP's issue that he doesn't have the requisite paperwork from his current 'landlord' to apply for any extension?

The hotel route seems like the fast fix.

Then find some NON-airbnb accommodation. Their whole existence is predicated on finding vacation bolt-holes. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that the OP isn't on holiday.

I'm simply responding to his concern regarding being on overstay when he goes to immigration on Monday, since his permit to stay ends on Sunday. Nothing else.

• Like 1

How about going into a visa agent and asking them to sort it. They do everything else seems like they could sort the tm30 out.

Your landlord is a nothing, a loser. There’s nothing they can do to you. They deserve any problems that come their way.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, DrHoneydew said:

No reason to worry about the TM30 address being different than the actual address I would have to provide on the other forms?

You would need to use the address shown on the TM30 report on the TM7 form and etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

this is the 3rd or 4th post about airbnb being not ok with rooms.. i think should avoid them.

i never used it and dont know the differences between airbnb rooms and just go and check in an hotel. is it like cheaper? all these headaches are for 200-300 baht?

I like living on condo resorts, and airbnb is a LOT cheaper for longer stays, plus you get much more. For example, you can find a 2 bedroom condo/penthouse with a jacuzzi overlooking the ocean for a month, about what you'd pay for 1 week in a hotel and have more freedoms and (most importantly) space. I once had a 200sq meter penthouse on the 32nd floor overlooking the ocean in Jomtien for 40K/m. You can find smaller new condos on resorts with massive pools and slides etc for about 10-15K/m. I just find that you simply can't find that quality of living in any hotel. I go through airbnb instead of something like a facebook marketplace for anything less than a year because the large property management companies usually only offer long term stays.