Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

Just now, Eric Loh said:

A true American patriot will never need reminding of the tragic event. Putting on a Maga cap don’t make you a patriot. 

Maga cap????   Shudder.

Patriot?  <deleted> is a patriot?  Not, I hope, someone who advocates for war at every opportunity...

40 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That's because you actively avoided seeing all the videos and testimonies showing it was a violent attack on the Capitol while Congress was in session with the goal of preventing the legal certification of the 2020 Presidential election result.

What you are doing predates alternative facts; it's called "willful ignorance".

How many people died?

Such drama over very little. Always from the left.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, blazes said:

Maga cap????   Shudder.

Patriot?  <deleted> is a patriot?  Not, I hope, someone who advocates for war at every opportunity...

A closet Trumper. The definition of patriot is who support one's country and not praise the enemy. Going to war for the country is patriotic. Fixed that for you. 

15 minutes ago, blazes said:

Neither could I (care less about Markle bull$hite) nor am I a Trumpist, but I would assert (just an opinion) that about 98% of what passes for news and comment is just BS, and at worst, plain old lies.

I mean, when a politician (of any party, anywhere) starts yapping about X or Y, you'd have to be very dumb not to be able to "read his lips" and see how  much he actually says is  (not) based upon some Platonic "Truth" that exists, somewhere, out there in the ether.....

Lying does not make a  politician evil....it's just that there are agendas more important than him or her that must be served.  And of course all politicians are "perfect" and "stable" (until they're not).

"...I would assert (just an opinion) that about 98% of what passes for news and comment is just BS..."

If that is the case, I would assert (just an opinion) that you need to find better sources for news.

• Haha 2

Just now, heybruce said:

You consider a violent attack on the US Capitol while Congress is in session to be "very little"?

You are definitely not a patriot or a democrat.

If there were a violent attack on Mar-a-Lago to keep Trump for running for President, would you consider that no big deal if not too many people die?

So nobody died. In 10 years still be whining about it. Let it go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And fire bombed the police car with police inside, oh wait that was the Floyd thing.

If you want we can have a running contest comparing protests against police murders with right wing mass shootings, but that would be off-topic, wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Another fine example of willful ignorance.

So you abuse people for not living in the past? How long are you going to complain about some protest where nobody died?

50m people die a year, you're complaining about some protest 2 years ago where nobody died.

Willful something....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So you abuse people for not living in the past? How long are you going to complain about some protest where nobody died?

50m people die a year, you're complaining about some protest 2 years ago where nobody died.

Willful something....

You appear to be condemning learning from history as well as minimizing the importance of a violent attack on the US government.  That is definitely willful ignorance.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You appear to be condemning learning from history as well as minimizing the importance of a violent attack on the US government.  That is definitely willful ignorance.

No Im just normal. I dont know anyone who complains for years about protests. Regular people dont do that.

Im more interested in the future. Should I go to Lanta or Samui.

Thats more interesting. Should I visit Mae Sariang or Nakhon Phanom.

Must be boring worrying about politics all the time, especially if you live elsewhere and its 2 years old news.

Also quoting me 50 times isnt going to change my views.

Surely you have better things to think about than 2 years ago what strangers did.

Go read a book or plan a trip. Do something with your life.

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Always from the left? I guess you most live in your own echo chamber:

Pence, who spent years refusing to publicly criticize his old boss, makes clear that Jan. 6, 2021, was a breaking point in which, he writes, Trump’s “reckless words had endangered my family and all those serving at the Capitol.”

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-donald-trump-14a7cef45932a38a57f2ed98601a7acd

So nobody died. Still 2 years later wont stop talking about it. Sad.

I dont know anybody who cares anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You ignored your own false claim why does that not surprise me, and yes people died as a result of the riots

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No Im just normal. I dont know anyone who complains for years about protests. Regular people dont do that.

Im more interested in the future. Should I go to Lanta or Samui.

Thats more interesting. Should I visit Mae Sariang or Nakhon Phanom.

Must be boring worrying about politics all the time, especially if you live elsewhere and its 2 years old news.

Also quoting me 50 times isnt going to change my views.

Surely you have better things to think about than 2 years ago what strangers did.

Go read a book or plan a trip. Do something with your life.

Not counting on you to change for sure. I was counting on the voters to take a stand against election deniers and they delivered. Good signs that Democracy is safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

You ignored your own false claim why does that not surprise me, and yes people died as a result of the riots

Do you spend your life worrying about 2 years ago? I bet you still talking about it in 10 years.

I dont know any people like this. They only exist on the internet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Not counting on you to change for sure. I was counting on the voters to take a stand against election deniers and they delivered. Good signs that Democracy is safe. 

Democrats lost the house. Lost the speaker. Now a lame duck POTUS.

That's a loss not a win.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Five people died either shortly before, during, or following the event: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes"

So 1 person died due to riots. Shot by police.

1 person dies every 2 hours on Thai roads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, Mickeymaus said:

Not that I like Trump. Not at all. But where is the problem?! In a democracy everyone can decide which tweets he wants to read. Derrick Johnson has a very strange understanding of democracy...

Here's another view. Surely society should expect that comments posted on any media should be truthful. And if not, especially when it's obvious the comment is not truthful, there should be consequences.

Because of the vast/scope/breadth of lies and misinformation trump posted he was banned.

Now musk has reinstated his posting freedoms. The question seems to be whether musk will now allow any/all comments to be posted and remain or will trumps future posts be monitoed and removed if they are not substantiated, and ultimately will he be banned if he keeps posting false words? 

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

About what? What false claim?

Like I said you live in your own echo chamber

21 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

How many people died?

Such drama over very little. Always from the left.