Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

19 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Always liked Twitter—and now even more.  Free speech rules.

I just became a member a month ago ! I was fortunate to be able to participate in the poll!

I like to see the FPOTUS followers numbers exceed further!

I also would like to see him post now and again!

Owe it all to Musk for his fortitude and money to right the ship of freedom ,me thinks.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

White people are all devils. 

Hate speech.

Got it now?

Sorry, Squire, but I'm feeling a bit dumb today, but how about  this sentence:

"I hate white people who behave like devils".  Is that hate speech? if not, why not?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

None. BUT if you really needed to know if the votes were real or not, Musk has the contact details of each Twitter voter. So in a way, it is more trustworthy and reliable, because the votes can be checked if genuine or not.

There are many reasons, explained repeatedly, to suspect the outcome of this poll.  All Musk has to do the show it was legitimate is conduct the investigation you outlined, and maybe explain why most of the world didn't know a poll was being conducted until it was over. 

What are the chances of this happening?

BTW:  You also suggested that mail-in voting could not be trusted.  Explain to me how you would commit voter fraud using absentee ballots.  You can't, for the simple reasons that it is difficult, time consuming, risky, and with a very low probability of affecting an election.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James105 said:

Both sides used bots.  The left think that only their bots should be valid.   I'm sure once the bots were taken away the result would be the same if not higher for reinstatement of Trump as the majority of people still believe in the concept of freedom of speech.

It's only the reinstatement of a Twitter account that Musk could easily enable with or without a poll.   Quite why people work themselves up into a frothing mess about this is beyond comprehension.   

Whether you think bots had no significant affect on the outcome is irrelevant.  The fact that they were almost certainly used robs the result of any credibility.

Twitter was Trump's favorite tool for spreading lies about the election he lost and for motivating people to come to Washington DC and listen to more of his lies in a speech that resulted in the assault on the Capitol.  In short, Trump used Twitter to spread lies and motivate people to commit violent sedition.  That's a good reason to keep him off Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I just became a member a month ago ! I was fortunate to be able to participate in the poll!

I like to see the FPOTUS followers numbers exceed further!

I also would like to see him post now and again!

Owe it all to Musk for his fortitude and money to right the ship of freedom ,me thinks.

Actually you also owe a fair bit of it to a Saudi Arabian Prince, who I’m sure has your ‘freedom’ at heart.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:
3 hours ago, blazes said:

"alternative facts" is what Her Majesty the Queen characterised as "others will have different recollections" and what Megan Markle calls "my truth."

Which is why alternative facts are not real facts.

I  look forward to some softball interviewer on some future occasion challenging Ms Markle and her "truth", saying  "but, Ms Markle, surely you're not saying that your truth is just alternative facts?"

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Whether you think bots had no significant affect on the outcome is irrelevant.  The fact that they were almost certainly used robs the result of any credibility.

Twitter was Trump's favorite tool for spreading lies about the election he lost and for motivating people to come to Washington DC and listen to more of his lies in a speech that resulted in the assault on the Capitol.  In short, Trump used Twitter to spread lies and motivate people to commit violent sedition.  That's a good reason to keep him off Twitter.

Sigh.  The left spread lies all the time, it's just that you happen to agree with them as you agree with the agenda/narrative.   The "assault on the capital" makes it sound like it was something quite major (something akin to the BLM riots and violence that was incited by the left), but all I can recall was seeing some chap with a viking hat meandering around a building.  

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blazes said:

I  look forward to some softball interviewer on some future occasion challenging Ms Markle and her "truth", saying  "but, Ms Markle, surely you're not saying that your truth is just alternative facts?"

Really?  You pay attention to that kind of nonsense?  I couldn't care less about Markle, royal families, celebrities, reality tv, and all else like that.  But then I'm not a Trump supporter either.

But to your point, if her truth is not based on verifiable facts then it is just BS.

Edited by heybruce

22 minutes ago, pomchop said:

you need to work on your "recall" if all you saw was a Viking hat guy.....guess u didn't notice breaking windows, beating cops, bear spray, hang mike pence, and on and on all shown to you over and over in HD TV.....sigh.

Thank you, Liz Cheney, for reminding us of that terrible day...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Really?  You pay attention to that kind of nonsense?  I couldn't care less about Markle, royal families, celebrities, reality tv, and all else like that.  But then I'm not a Trump supporter either.

But to your point, if her truth is not based on verifiable facts then it is just BS.

Neither could I (care less about Markle bull$hite) nor am I a Trumpist, but I would assert (just an opinion) that about 98% of what passes for news and comment is just BS, and at worst, plain old lies.

I mean, when a politician (of any party, anywhere) starts yapping about X or Y, you'd have to be very dumb not to be able to "read his lips" and see how  much he actually says is  (not) based upon some Platonic "Truth" that exists, somewhere, out there in the ether.....

Lying does not make a  politician evil....it's just that there are agendas more important than him or her that must be served.  And of course all politicians are "perfect" and "stable" (until they're not).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Hate speech isn't about hating specific individuals for cause.

Examples.

I hate Donald Trump for all his socially destructive actions.

Not hate speech

White people are all devils. 

Hate speech.

Ye:

I hate my manager Schmeke Pickleberg because he ripped me off.

Not hate speech. 

I'm gonna do death con 3 on the Jews.

Hate speech. 

Got it now?

That doesnt make sense. Hating a person is worse than vague comments about a certain group. If I say Thais are bad at driving does that mean I hate Thais? No. It's just a comment on averages.

If Trump said that all the haters would play the race card.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1