Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO it doesn't really matter, with his actions since buying Twitter it looks like Musk is going to consign it to oblivion anyway. Staff are deserting in droves, probably advertisers will too.

The world is probably anesthetized to Trump's tweets, except for his following of knuckle-draggers. Perhaps Musk should stick to his knitting, IIRC Henry Ford lost millions on Brazilian plantations.

That sounds like hate speech on Trump's millions of followers.

What would you say if I said that about anyone that supports Biden?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you know whether there were any bots voting or not or are you just guessing that there was ?

Unlike US elections, there are no legally required safeguards, no audits and no recounts of Twitter polls.

Musk could open his poll up for analysis of its validity, but I don't think he'll do that.  Do you?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

10m now? So just making up numbers. Its possible 5m fakes voted against then.

Guess you never thought of that.

You've lost the plot again.  Nobody knows how many of these votes were legitimate, and it's unlikely anyone ever will know.  You seem to be recognizing this without considering its implications.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I think it's great he's back. He is becoming more and more unhinged. One might use the 'technical' term is that he's batsh!t crazy.  The more exposure he gets, the more anyone sane will move away from him. Sure, he'll keep the Incels, QAnon crowd, some fanatical christians and white supremacists, but they cannot carry an election.

The bloated mendacious traitor is in a political death spiral right now, and letting his increasingly crazed mind spew nonsense on a public forum will hasten his decline. Molon labe!

He's a spent force and a loser. He was always an embarrassment to rational people, but now his Party knows he's poison to their Party. He lost the House, Senate and White House to the Dems in 2020, and he nearly lost the House again, while losing the Senate again and several Governor slots and SecStates. If he barks about the GA Senate runoff, he'll lose that seat, too. Losing is what he does best, in business and in politics.

Give him all the rope he needs to hang himself and get it over with. Then finish him off for good with an indictment, trial conviction, and execution for capital offenses.

I hope you are correct.  But every time I assume there can't be that many stupid people, something happens to remind me that half of all people are below the median on intelligence.

BTW:  Executing him would make him a martyr to those far to the left on the intelligence distribution.  Risky.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

I would expect its within 10 or 15% margin of error. Given Twitter is mostly young 80%+ and mostly left Trump getting 51.8% did well.

It is possible 5m votes were fake. Could be 4m fake against him.

Of course being biased you dont want to accept that.

I'm biased towards reality.  Nobody knows if the poll results are valid because nobody knows how many votes are valid.  You acknowledge that by speculating on how many invalid votes there were and how they voted.

You like the poll results therefore you insist that a poll with no safeguards against fraud and manipulation is trustworthy.  That is how biased against reality you are.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Unlike US elections, there are no legally required safeguards, no audits and no recounts of Twitter polls.

Musk could open his poll up for analysis of its validity, but I don't think he'll do that.  Do you?

Especially when Musk acknowledged during online poll that automated ‘bots’ were voting too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I think it's great he's back. He is becoming more and more unhinged. One might use the 'technical' term is that he's batsh!t crazy.  The more exposure he gets, the more anyone sane will move away from him. Sure, he'll keep the Incels, QAnon crowd, some fanatical christians and white supremacists, but they cannot carry an election.

The bloated mendacious traitor is in a political death spiral right now, and letting his increasingly crazed mind spew nonsense on a public forum will hasten his decline. Molon labe!

He's a spent force and a loser. He was always an embarrassment to rational people, but now his Party knows he's poison to their Party. He lost the House, Senate and White House to the Dems in 2020, and he nearly lost the House again, while losing the Senate again and several Governor slots and SecStates. If he barks about the GA Senate runoff, he'll lose that seat, too. Losing is what he does best, in business and in politics.

Give him all the rope he needs to hang himself and get it over with. Then finish him off for good with an indictment, trial conviction, and execution for capital offenses.

That gets my vote for post of the year!

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I hope you are correct.  But every time I assume there can't be that many stupid people, something happens to remind me that half of all people are below the median on intelligence.

I don't need to be on Twitter, I get enough reminders on ASEAN.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And when people question the result of a poll/election, it suddenly doesn't become a conspiracy theory anymore , when they lose and question the result

If the method is invalid, as it is in the case of a poll that is open to anyone, why would questioning it mean that conspiracy is alleged. It's blatantly obvious that such a method doesn't conform to basic polling standards. And how could a decision by Elon Musk be a conspiracy? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just commenting on peoples different reactions .

The USA elections were definitely legitimate and no fraud occurred because there's no proof and anyone who suggests that there may been some fraud is a right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob ............but these Twitter polls are definitely fraudulent, no doubt about it even thought there's no proof of anything fraudulent happening 

Bots and troll armies that have voted as confirmed by Musk are not fraudulent?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just commenting on peoples different reactions .

The USA elections were definitely legitimate and no fraud occurred because there's no proof and anyone who suggests that there may been some fraud is a right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob ............but these Twitter polls are definitely fraudulent, no doubt about it even thought there's no proof of anything fraudulent happening 

I guess it depends on one's bias as to what is true and what is fraud!

• Haha 1