Nightclub goers tested positive for drugs in Pattaya entertainment venue crackdown, passport inspections for foreigners to continue

webfact

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Total defiance of idiocy, is my current motto. And whenever I am asked for my passport, a color copy of it and my visa, my driver's license or my pink card is ALWAYS enough. 

I am sure that the Dl, PC, and Visa are enough and also the colour copy of PP

However, if you get a Plod that hasnt got his end away the night before and is in a sour mood, he has the legal right to arrest you under Immigration Law.

Just saying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

he has the legal right to arrest you under Immigration Law.

Just saying

Detain you until you produce your passport within 24 hours and proceed from there one way or the other. This, if you're under suspicion for a possible crime.

Just saying better.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:56 AM, Cake Monster said:

And the Officer would have every right to march you off down to the nick.

Thai Law states that all Foreigners must carry their Passport at all times.

I'm refusing....I find when I go in the Sea the gritty sand makes the passport edges a bit rough

Now if it was Australian sand....................

12 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I am sure that the Dl, PC, and Visa are enough and also the colour copy of PP

However, if you get a Plod that hasnt got his end away the night before and is in a sour mood, he has the legal right to arrest you under Immigration Law.

Just saying

Sure. And I would resist with every nanogram of my being. And it is likely he would back down. Never had this happen. A color copy with the visa has always been enough. Or the DL or pink card. 

I refuse to live a life of fear over stupid regulations. Sorry. Not happening. 

On 11/21/2022 at 7:17 PM, Lemsta69 said:

Did you even bother watching the two videos? They're not doing the raids on foreign tourist-oriented clubs. 

The one that have been raided are frequented mostly by Thais and they would (or should) be used to the idea of the possibility of being drug-tested because this sort of thing has been happening in those types of clubs for donkey's years.

The new big boss of Region 2 police who has decided to "take over" from Pattaya/Chonburi police has been quoted as saying a copy of your passport is fine. 

Another poster said that he was in a gg-go bar on LK Metro and it was raised by the BiB but they targeted only staff.

So unless Pol. Maj. Gen Nantawut Suwanlaong starts shutting down Walking Street or Treetown at 6pm then there's absolutely nothing to worry about. 

As for your never being pee-tested, well you need to get out more. It's a thing here, Jakarta too. And just like the Full Moon Party on KPN, a few randoms getting busted for drugs doesn't stop the hordes returning month after month.

They've done the lock-in pee testing at tourist venues too over the years. I just don't think it's a good look. 

I haven't been to Jakarta, but I'm quite well travelled. Thanks for your concern though. 

On 11/21/2022 at 7:27 AM, easydoor said:

Whwn I read the replys I have just the feeling for some people they want, here in Thailand, they can do everything they are not allowed to do in they home country.

- I your home country you also must be able to identify yourself, by a legal document as an ID card, Here in Thailand you have to do this, as foreigner, by a legal passport.

- In your home country it is also not allowed to serve alcohol to underaged people.

- in your home country it is also not allowed to use certain kinds of drugs

- in your home country it is also not allowed to carrie weapons in public

All of this, when they control it in Thailkand, it is NOT DONE for some people.

What do they want? A lawless holiday destination? In case it would be as this: they can complain there is no safety or no law in Thailand..... please stay home, we don't need you as 'Tourist', if that is what you want,

ok ok but they wont accept my thai licences with my address that i own as proof and THEY issued it to me...

On 11/21/2022 at 2:08 PM, bob smith said:

if a copper ever asked to see my passport on the street out here i would initially decline and continue walking. if he pursued me i would whip my phone out and start to film him for my own safety, asking him why he is stopping a random person on the street who isnt committing any sort of crime and why he thinks this is appropriate behavior. if he still insists to see my documents at this point i will then get out my photocopied documents that i always carry with me, all legal and up to date and tell him that if he ever bothers me on the street again for no reason I will put in a formal complaint with his superior at the station he is based. it goes without saying that I would never even engage with a police officer without knowing his name, badge number and station.

yeah try this on with the big boss of Region 2 police and see how far you get on (alleged) hard man.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

yeah try this on with the big boss of Region 2 police and see how far you get on (alleged) hard man.

Yes, keyboard warriors abound. I am not of the school of being rude or obtuse with police, they are there to make society livable.. a pity they do not work to that principle here in Thailand. 

14 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Heard this BS "farang must always carry passport even in the loo in Thailand" for years. More often from farangs but few times from officers. They look funny when you say "No" for "May I see your passport" )

Soooo, have you, yourself, tried that with a Thai cop?

I was never asked by a cop for mine, ever ( only driving license ), so what are those that are asked doing, to need to be asked?

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was never asked by a cop for mine, ever ( only driving license ), so what are those that are asked doing, to need to be asked?

Maybe you can get away with what he described with a low-level cop who's just trying it on. But I don't reckon any of these braggers have been up close and personal with someone like Pol Maj Gen Suwanlaong and his boys. 

Same goes for all the other dudes saying that the raids are just to extort money from the clubgoers. They really seem to think that this big boss came all the way down from Region 2 HQ on some special mission just to collect a few hundred baht in backhanders. As they're fond of saying in here, "the mind boggles" ????

Edited by Lemsta69
removed annoying bold text
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

its a conversation that's funny. You don't answer "no" but rather really dumb "tammaya?"

deep in their subconsciousness they remember something about reason to ask. In any given country cop can not just enter any venue and ask passports. 

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

they try to save face (that's a big thing in LOS). If you got nothing to hide (terrorist, AMLO, 9/11, 7/11)

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, I have been here a good few years and the only request to bring out my passport was when driving up near Northern borders....I think it only happens in some Bangkok areas, and in fear mongers minds.... like the ominous 2000 baht littering fine!

On 11/21/2022 at 2:08 AM, bob smith said:

if a copper ever asked to see my passport on the street out here i would initially decline and continue walking. if he pursued me i would whip my phone out and start to film him for my own safety, asking him why he is stopping a random person on the street who isnt committing any sort of crime and why he thinks this is appropriate behavior. if he still insists to see my documents at this point i will then get out my photocopied documents that i always carry with me, all legal and up to date and tell him that if he ever bothers me on the street again for no reason I will put in a formal complaint with his superior at the station he is based. it goes without saying that I would never even engage with a police officer without knowing his name, badge number and station.

A Thai cop can stop you anytime. All they have to have is reasonable cause which in Thailand can mean anything. So not stopping would be you're first mistake.  Then making things more difficult than what it should be by pulling out your phone and making a scene is going to cause things to escalate. If you go as far as filing a complaint with a superior you could end up with allot more than you expect.   

You need to remember this is not like the west.  Filing a complaint in a corrupt country is something I would avoid.   

On 11/20/2022 at 9:34 PM, webfact said:

Pattaya police raid two nightclubs, nightly raids to continue
By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

Pattaya —  Pattaya police on Sunday raided two nightclubs in Pattaya, noting that at least one had a license discrepancy but stating no other issues were found. This is part of a daily campaign cracking down on nightlife for what police say are security and safety reasons.

Pattaya police led by Pol. Maj. Gen. Nuntawut Suwanlaong, acting Commander-in-Chief of Chonburi Provincial Police, continued an intense, regular inspection of entertainment venues early this morning, November 20th, to prevent illegal activities.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Nuntawut revealed to The Pattaya News that he randomly searched two nightspots including Fin Up located in Soi Buakhao, Pattaya, Chonburi, where many pubgoers both domestic and foreign alike were drinking inside.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/20/pattaya-police-raid-two-nightclubs-nightly-raids-to-continue/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Is Spiderman enforcing the law or a monger trawling bars for girls I’m a little confused here?

On 11/21/2022 at 12:27 AM, easydoor said:

Whwn I read the replys I have just the feeling for some people they want, here in Thailand, they can do everything they are not allowed to do in they home country.

- I your home country you also must be able to identify yourself, by a legal document as an ID card, Here in Thailand you have to do this, as foreigner, by a legal passport.

- In your home country it is also not allowed to serve alcohol to underaged people.

- in your home country it is also not allowed to use certain kinds of drugs

- in your home country it is also not allowed to carrie weapons in public

All of this, when they control it in Thailkand, it is NOT DONE for some people.

What do they want? A lawless holiday destination? In case it would be as this: they can complain there is no safety or no law in Thailand..... please stay home, we don't need you as 'Tourist', if that is what you want,

“A lawless holiday destination” seems to describe Thailand to absolute perfection tbh?

Maybe it could be the Tourist Marketing Board’s new strap line far more honest and descriptive that the cringeworthy “Amazing Thailand”?

Edited by Phnom Penh Trader
Added last sentence!

3 hours ago, ericthai said:

A Thai cop can stop you anytime. All they have to have is reasonable cause which in Thailand can mean anything. So not stopping would be you're first mistake.  Then making things more difficult than what it should be by pulling out your phone and making a scene is going to cause things to escalate. If you go as far as filing a complaint with a superior you could end up with allot more than you expect.   

You need to remember this is not like the west.  Filing a complaint in a corrupt country is something I would avoid.   

absolute utter garbage. thai people film coppers being corrupt all the time and it works. most of them panic and stop what they are doing. if you know you have done nothing wrong then stand your ground, don't be a coward and stand up to tyranny instead of encouraging it!

Edited by bob smith

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

absolute utter garbage. thai people film coppers being corrupt all the time and it works. most of them panic and stop what they are doing. if you know you have done nothing wrong then stand your ground, don't be a coward and stand up to tyranny instead of encouraging it!

Well fair enough.... good to know. Mind you I was told certainly not to do that when I was working in Venezuela! Country specific?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Country specific?

to be honest mate i don't want to go too in depth here about how I know what I know, and what exactly I DO know etc... but i know enough not to wilt at the sight/sound of the BiB when walking on the street.