Jerusalem bombings: Teenager killed in rare twin attacks at bus stops

Scott

Israeli security forces inspect the scene of an explosion at a bus stop near the entrance to Jerusalem (23 November 2022)

A 15-year-old boy has been killed and 14 other people have been wounded in two suspected bomb attacks at bus stops in Jerusalem, Israeli police say.

The explosions happened at two busy areas on the outskirts of the city as people were heading to work.

The teenager who died was an Israeli-Canadian Jewish seminary student named Aryeh Schupak.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63726676

BBC.jpg

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Careful, they'll label you as antisemitic for opposing the Israeli government.

Wait, wait , wait .

You will have to mention Israel's right to exist before the anti Semite term gets mentioned .

Worth noting that just because news is from Israel , you bring Jews and Religion into the equation .

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wait, wait , wait .

You will have to mention Israel's right to exist before the anti Semite term gets mentioned .

Worth noting that just because news is from Israel , you bring Jews and Religion into the equation .

That's not true. The Israeli govt trots out the antisemitic card anytime anyone criticizes it's foreign policy toward Palestine and war crimes. I support Israel's right to exist, just as I support Palestines' right to exist.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I quoted their own Bible ( old testament ). I didn't oppose anyone. It's up to the individual as how that proverb is interpreted.

As an old white male I'm already beyond redemption, according to some.

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wait, wait , wait .

I wasn't aware that Israel is a secular state. Wasn't it given to them by the UN as a homeland for Jews?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Going way off topic 

Two people have been murdered in Jerusalem and that's what this thread is about  

I think it's on topic to discuss why the bombings occurred. Israel's failure to become a secular state as per the original plan is part of that. (ref: wikipedia). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism_in_Israel

Edited by ozimoron

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I think it's on topic to discuss why the bombings occurred. Israel's failure to become a secular state as per the original plan is part of that. (ref: wikipedia).

After nine  pages of discussion my final post will be : The Jewish Temple of King David was built 3000 years ago in Jerusalem  and Christianity is 2022 years old an Islam is about 1600 years old .

Just to save going through the whole usual discussion of who was there first and who the land belongs to . 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

After nine  pages of discussion my final post will be : The Jewish Temple of King David was built 3000 years ago in Jerusalem  and Christianity is 2022 years old an Islam is about 1600 years old .

Just to save going through the whole usual discussion of who was there first and who the land belongs to . 

Should we apply that logic to the world map as it was then? Give Britain back to the Vikings, perhaps? Or the Romans? Most British stock are descended from them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Should we apply that logic to the world map as it was then? Give Britain back to the Vikings, perhaps? Or the Romans? Most British stock are descended from them.

How about you giving Australia back to the Aborigines ?

Jews have continuously been living on the land of Israel for 3000 years , how long you guys been in Australia for ?

• Love It 2

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How about you giving Australia back to the Aborigines ?

Jews have continuously been living on the land of Israel for 3000 years , how long you guys been in Australia for ?

That sentiment has merit. The Palestinians have been there just as long.

During the Iron Age, two related Israelite kingdoms, Israel and Judah, controlled much of Palestine,

Two related Israelite kingdoms, Israel and Judah, emerged during the 10th and 9th centuries BCE: Israel in the north and Judah in the south.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine

Edited by ozimoron

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That sentiment has merit. The Palestinians have been there just as long.

They haven't .

Many Palestinians  are former Jews who were unable to continue following Judaism for numerous reasons, like they were unable to send their eldest Son to a University and other Arabs flocked to the land due to its prosperity .

Palestinians believe Mohammed is the Prophet and its their duty to have the land as a Muslim land , not sure why Christian Westerners get involved 

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They haven't .

Many Palestinians  are former Jews who were unable to continue following Judaism for numerous reasons, like they were unable to send their eldest Son to a University and other Arabs flocked to the land due to its prosperity .

Palestinians believe Mohammed is the Prophet and its their duty to have the land as a Muslim land , not sure why Christian Westerners get involved 

Link please, I provided one above. You are trolling by not providing links to claims. (not my opinion). That has been made clear in just the last few hours. I'm sure you read it.

Edited by ozimoron

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wait, wait , wait .

Just so things are clear <insert rolling eyes emoji>...

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/resources/working-definitions-charters/working-definition-antisemitism

No, criticism of Israel is not automatic grounds for accusations of Anti-Semitism. However, the following is:

• Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.
  • Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.
  • Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.
  • Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.
  • Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.
  • Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel.

I think that is a reasonable list that differentiates these actions from simple criticism of the Israeli government (something I as a Jew also partake in although I am not Israeli nor have I ever been there). 

Mick - so just mentioning Israel brings religion and Jews into the equation, does it? Does mentioning Ireland bring buggering priests and buried children's bodies into the equation automatically? Obviously it should not, any more than mentioning any country and connecting it to any religion which anyone could do with almost any other country. Why is it you feel this is the only place where there is such a connection? I would ask you to re-read the list above and re-think through your processes that got you to that strange place.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They haven't .

What on earth are you going on about? This is patent nonsense. When do you think these Jews were unable to send their kids to university and so converted to Islam or became Druze or whatever other preposterous thing you're posting about. The Palestinian people (who also have a right to self-determination) are in no way "lost" Jews or anything of the sort any more than the Black Israelite Hebrews claiming to be are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that Israel is a secular state. Wasn't it given to them by the UN as a homeland for Jews?

Are people's knowledge of history that bad? This wasn't something that archaeologists discover, it was something that happened around 100 years ago. Balfour Declaration ring any bells? The United Nations didn't even exist <deleted>!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:00 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wait, wait , wait .

I wish people could forget religion and just be nice people.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I wish people could forget religion and just be nice people.

“As I walk through this wicked world
Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity
I ask myself, is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside
There's one thing I wanna know
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding? Oh
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?”

Nicholas Drain Low

As sung by Elvis Costello and the Attractions

• Like 2