COVID surge just a “new wave” which will gradually fade after the New Year

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

I just say Chonburi.

This trick is well known.

11 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

It saves the uneducated, know-all sideways looks

It just has the effect that every farang in Chonburi is considered a sleazy Pattaya sex tourist.

What exactly is uneducated about these looks?

5 minutes ago, Lorry said:

This trick is well known.

It just has the effect that every farang in Chonburi is considered a sleazy Pattaya sex tourist.

What exactly is uneducated about these looks?

Lorry. 

Deep breaths now.

Just let it all go.

Too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing sometimes.????????

ok, so that wave might be already attributed to international tourism, but thai sources don't mention it at all.

They talk about an ongoing domestic tourism. That tourism started this year earlier, because no rain since the beginning of October and moderate temperatures from the second part of that month.

In that case wave will last well after touristy season ends around March, so well into April. There would be supply of fresh covid cases from winterly europe, the usa and russia.

I have checked jomtien beach hotels - still some 20 small hotels in range 450-700b. My favourite hotels are just 150b more expensive since I stayed there the last time, so they are still still half-empty 

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

ok, so that wave might be already attributed to international tourism, but thai sources don't mention it at all.

Of course not.

Then Thais might be unhappy with the decision of the goverment to let tourists in again.

Quite a few Thais I know say that Thailand felt better the last couple of years without the farang. Obviously these ones don't live from tourism. 

8 friends of mine arrived in the first week of this month on 3 different flights.  5 of them developed covid 2-3 days after arrival. 

I was watching when 3 of those infected took a taxi.  All drunk, loud, boisterous. One of them had "a cold", was sneezing and coughing. No  masks. The driver was wearing 2 masks,  so he obviously took covid seriously.

The next day, all three had a positive ATK. 

My friends had the new BA4/5 vaccines before they came and were only sick for a couple of days.  The sickest one of them got Molnupiravir from Bangkok Hospital. 

The taxi driver cannot get the new vaccines (not available in Thailand), he will not get Molnupiravir and he doesn't have insurance to pay for Bangkok Hospital.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:01 AM, seedy said:

I am no tourist, and I do not wear a mask anyplace.

Been to CNX Ram, Bangkok Hospital CNX, 7-11. Lotus ... I could go on and on.

Everyone can see my smiling face ! 555

Was at Ram about a week ago.

A few foreigners there not wearing masks.

Every Asian wearing masks.

"I am no tourist, and I do not wear a mask anyplace.

Been to CNX Ram, Bangkok Hospital CNX...".

It is flu season.

You are in a hospital.

Sick people, people with weak immune systems.

You show no respect and no caring to the 95% wearing masks.

Instead you brag about your behavior.

What you did is no more praiseworthy than people coming to Thailand and bragging about not wearing motorcycle helmets.

[The hospital should be insisting on masks].

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:22 AM, spidermike007 said:

There is not much of a wave. I have a friend who is a surgical nurse at a major hospital, and she told us they are barely seeing any new cases, and the fatality rate at this time is extremely low, from covid. Much ado, about nothing. 

Each new variant is getting weaker and weaker. When are people going to let the panic go? Most of the  brave souls I see outdoors without masks on, are the sensible foreigners. 99% of Thais are still all masked up outdoors. 

I have a friend at Bumrungrad who says cases are increasing.

blah blah blah blah blah

Maybe they should close the borders and lock the public in their homes.  Sorta like China, where from what I'm hearing, members of the public are finding Zero-Covid as getting really, really old.
Well, perhaps I'm being Captain Obvious but....
If I ran a huge media cartel and every time some member of the scientific community whom we refer to as an "Expert" begins to tongue-lash the public about the dangers of the brand new, absolutely novel, guaranteed to kill ya permutations of <gasp> Covid - imagine the power I can wield.  Even better.  If I know that I can go from my government job, to a job in the pharmaceutical industry, or rack in grant money for any study that supports the status-quo, and then in-and-out of the revolving door in order to make mandates, laws, and edicts?  All the while being privy to the mandates, laws, and edicts before the public so I can trade the stock market with impunity?  Lordy - ain't life grand?

Well, of course.  I'd attempt to scare the bejesus out of the gullible rabble and the rather ignorant commoners every chance I had if it help me amass power, status, and wealth. 

I'm 70+ years old.  I've had more colds, influenzas, and various upper respiratory viruses than I can count, and no doubt, all of the viruses - back in the olden days - all had scientific names - and?  Nobody gave hoot what they were called, well, unless the influenza of the day needed to be stoked by the MSM.  I knew people who had H1N1 and it was brutal and it killed a bunch of people too.  But - just another flu.  In fact virtually all upper respiratory infections had one of two names: A cold, or the flu. 

Covid is "just another flu" (the Flu being and upper respiratory infection that makes you feel like complete <deleted>, for most people they get over it and it goes away, and for a handful it kills them) and if it isn't hyped beyond imagination, it will go the way of all the other flus, colds, and upper respiratory infection.  Here today, gone tomorrow. 

Really - this constant Covid hype is insanity.  Just freaking stop.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Sick people, people with weak immune systems.

Sick people with weak immune systems should wear 3M P-100 masks.

If you're healthy?  There is no reason for you to wear a mask.  All this hysteria began in 2020 and has become "mandated behavior."
Funny - before 2020 it wasn't "mandated behavior" and the entire world survived.  In fact, the eugenicist billionaires insist there at wayyyyy too many of us useless eaters contaminating Gaia and most of use should be eliminated.  So?  Why complain about Covid.  According the them it's culling to commoners who need to be culled to save Mother Earth!

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2022 at 2:20 PM, internationalism said:

They talk about an ongoing domestic tourism. That tourism started this year earlier, because no rain since the beginning of October and moderate temperatures from the second part of that month.

In that case wave will last well after touristy season ends around March, so well into April. There would be supply of fresh covid cases from winterly europe, the usa and russia.

I have checked jomtien beach hotels - still some 20 small hotels in range 450-700b. My favourite hotels are just 150b more expensive since I stayed there the last time, so they are still still half-empty 

Friends of mine just came back from the north.  It's packed with tourists. 

People cannot get buses out of Pai.

They are now back in Khao Lak, where they live. It's full. Farangs and Indians.

Other friends just came to Bangkok and had difficulties to find a hotel on lower Sukhumvit. 

They had to settle for rooms without windows. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Its a disgrace the amount of farang not wearing masks. 

I was in a mall in Hua Hin today and only farang not wearing masks. 

Have they never heard of "wink when entering the land"? Probably not. 

They should respect the locals customs. 

The only ones who wearing mask in my country are Asian people nobody else wears it and we have very minimal infections so why the Asian people don't respect our local customs 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Some commentators have estimated it will take perhaps 8 years more before effectively everyone has abandoned the zombie apocalypse outlook.

Nah, I am expecting another pandemic scenario sooner than that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:26 PM, Lorry said:

Of course not.

Then Thais might be unhappy with the decision of the goverment to let tourists in again.

Quite a few Thais I know say that Thailand felt better the last couple of years without the farang. Obviously these ones don't live from tourism. 

8 friends of mine arrived in the first week of this month on 3 different flights.  5 of them developed covid 2-3 days after arrival. 

I was watching when 3 of those infected took a taxi.  All drunk, loud, boisterous. One of them had "a cold", was sneezing and coughing. No  masks. The driver was wearing 2 masks,  so he obviously took covid seriously.

The next day, all three had a positive ATK. 

My friends had the new BA4/5 vaccines before they came and were only sick for a couple of days.  The sickest one of them got Molnupiravir from Bangkok Hospital. 

The taxi driver cannot get the new vaccines (not available in Thailand), he will not get Molnupiravir and he doesn't have insurance to pay for Bangkok Hospital.

Looks like you have many friends prone to bad luck with covid.

Best to stay home and test twice daily.????????

17 hours ago, connda said:

blah blah blah blah blah

Maybe they should close the borders and lock the public in their homes.  Sorta like China, where from what I'm hearing, members of the public are finding Zero-Covid as getting really, really old.
Well, perhaps I'm being Captain Obvious but....
If I ran a huge media cartel and every time some member of the scientific community whom we refer to as an "Expert" begins to tongue-lash the public about the dangers of the brand new, absolutely novel, guaranteed to kill ya permutations of <gasp> Covid - imagine the power I can wield.  Even better.  If I know that I can go from my government job, to a job in the pharmaceutical industry, or rack in grant money for any study that supports the status-quo, and then in-and-out of the revolving door in order to make mandates, laws, and edicts?  All the while being privy to the mandates, laws, and edicts before the public so I can trade the stock market with impunity?  Lordy - ain't life grand?

Well, of course.  I'd attempt to scare the bejesus out of the gullible rabble and the rather ignorant commoners every chance I had if it help me amass power, status, and wealth. 

I'm 70+ years old.  I've had more colds, influenzas, and various upper respiratory viruses than I can count, and no doubt, all of the viruses - back in the olden days - all had scientific names - and?  Nobody gave hoot what they were called, well, unless the influenza of the day needed to be stoked by the MSM.  I knew people who had H1N1 and it was brutal and it killed a bunch of people too.  But - just another flu.  In fact virtually all upper respiratory infections had one of two names: A cold, or the flu. 

Covid is "just another flu" (the Flu being and upper respiratory infection that makes you feel like complete <deleted>, for most people they get over it and it goes away, and for a handful it kills them) and if it isn't hyped beyond imagination, it will go the way of all the other flus, colds, and upper respiratory infection.  Here today, gone tomorrow. 

Really - this constant Covid hype is insanity.  Just freaking stop.

Comment is too long.

I skipped to the last paragraph (the summary.)

That last para was all that needed to be said.????????

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Its a disgrace the amount of farang not wearing masks. 

I was in a mall in Hua Hin today and only farang not wearing masks. 

Have they never heard of "wink when entering the land"? Probably not. 

They should respect the locals customs. 

Not sure if wearing a mask is a "Thai custom"?????????