Thai Alcohol Control Committee opposes selling booze till 4 AM

webfact

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Personally see no reason to extend alcohol sales to 4AM but the reason given is nonsense most alcohol accidents happen well before the present 2AM alcohol sales. 

I thought it was midnight except in entertainment zones?

4 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

This means that the ' entertainment venues ' will not be allowed to serve alcohol after 2 am , but can stay open until 4 am ?

May be , that is reasonable after all ... It would give time to drunk customers to sober up a little before closing time ?

One last drink at 2 am , after that only non-alcoholic beverages ...

This one mean people can buy one last bottle before the deadline.

• Thumbs Up 1

If had a proper police force that actively police the roads and a prosecution department that doesn’t accept bribes or favors then there would be fewer drunk driving and other road accidents, I see people on motorbikes all day and night right outside the police station with no helmets ,parking illegally and what do the police do ? Carry on playing phones with their fingers up their <deleted> 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, jaywalker2 said:

The current restrictions have had no effect on either alcohol consumption or traffic fatalities.

Another nonsense statement. How can you possibly know this? It would even seem illogical to claim restricting alcohol sales has had no impact on alcohol sales and consumption.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

This means that the ' entertainment venues ' will not be allowed to serve alcohol after 2 am , but can stay open until 4 am ?

May be , that is reasonable after all ... It would give time to drunk customers to sober up a little before closing time ?

One last drink at 2 am , after that only non-alcoholic beverages ...

And then after 2am the "drinks" must be served in tea cups

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

it doesn't stop people drinking - it increases flexibility especially enetertainment venues in tourist locations which are right now being constantly harrassed by police who's time would be better spent policing the roads for drunks driving and killing people.

stupid nonesense as usual from this crowd who don't think of anything else but their own ego's 

all this is doing is pushing people to drinking behind closed doors and hiding - hardly satisfactory is it 

Thai police will still have to maintain checks on businesses because if you let them stay open until 4 they will be serving breakfast to customers at 6 along with another beer.

Something that is not taken into consideration is

a.  how do these people get home at 4 all the transit systems are shut down. 

b the longer hours that people are going to have to work

c. what is an entertainment area and how does it affect the people living near it.

Are there going to be a lot of people showing up at 3 to get a girl in NANA

I question whether it will make a difference for bars that is financially profitable once they have to find staff and pay extra bills.

I do not see it being a bon to NANA or Cowboy

I really don ot see it being a boon to the small bars in villages.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

There isn't a lot available now!

And the illegal parking mostly motorbikes makes it difficult and dangerous for cars to drive thru the narrowed road trying to avoid the people walking on the road, 

48 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Thai police will still have to maintain checks on businesses because if you let them stay open until 4 they will be serving breakfast to customers at 6 along with another beer.

so what, we need to get back to normal in this country as it was pre-covid, I have been here a long time I know exactly how it was

as I have said many times on these forums - there is no such a thing as "New Normal" as things are it is encouraging police abuse and corruption - their time would be better spent protecting people from prolific drunk drivers who are only caught after they have an accident and either killed or seriously injured themselves or an innocent member of the public

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These clowns are out of touch with todays society you can drink 24/7 in your home and go out and kill someone a few years back I was knocked off my bike at 8 in the morning by a <deleted> up Thai who lost control fortunately I could se it coming and although he clipped me had I not had such a notion of what was to happen I would of been in the temple the guy was on his way to work