Number of domestic Thai travellers this year reaches 200 million

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Thailand – The number of Thai travellers this year has reached 200 million since last month, said a Thai government spokesman.

Government spokesman Mr. Anucha Burapachaisri told the press about the results on Friday (November 25th).

“There are in total 200 million Thai travellers since the beginning of this year until at the end of last month. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) had only expected the number at 160 million this year.”

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/26/number-of-domestic-thai-travellers-this-year-reaches-200-million/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

What is a domestic tourist? If I go shopping at the Makro in Hua Hin or Ratchaburi  am I a tourist? If I go a day to MegabangNa am I tourist?

From the headline: Number of domestic Thai tourists. Maybe you should visit Pattaya on a weekend in order to understand. The roads are a parking lot and they ain't non Thai tourists driving around in circles all day 

31 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

So 3 times the actual population then? ????

This article is intended for a wow factor to impress his superiors, or to show that someone actually bother to come up with thees imaginary figures...

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

Read the heading, read the article, 200 million domestic Thai travellers, not tourists!

When you consider the number of Thais who commute between towns/cities to work each day, the figure is not unreasonable.

Ok  Thai travelers . I read the article and the context and emphasis is most definitely on travelers  as  domestic tourists .Ie family trips up country. Not conflating commuters in the count. Also a count like this is counting the same Thai travelers over and over again every weekend 

Edited by morrobay

I just wonder how they find these numbers. I don't see people counting visitors at the roadside. I doubt whether all small Thai hotels participate in providing data. I cannot imagine roadside noodle stalls counting people.

I wish these people would reveal how exactly they counted Thai travelers.