Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes convicted of seditious conspiracy for US Capitol attack

webfact

image.jpeg

video screenshot

By Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes

WASHINGTON — A federal jury in Washington on Tuesday found Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and Kelly Meggs, another member of the far-right organization, guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, a victory for the government in a case that involved a rarely-used Civil War era statute.

Three other members of the group who were on trial alongside Rhodes and Meggs — Jessica Watkins, Kenneth Harrelson and Thomas Caldwell — were found not guilty on the seditious conspiracy charge. All five defendants were found guilty of obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting for their actions on Jan. 6.

The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Rhodes' lawyer said Tuesday that he plans to appeal that conviction.

Full story: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/oath-keepers-verdict-seditious-conspiracy-trial-rcna58415

image.jpeg

-- © NBC 2022-11-30

In the meantime, the fascist, killer guy Kyle Rittenhouse is free and last I checked, was provoking people on social media.

Far right so often gets away with various crimes they commit. So I am surprised they have gone after this fascist group. I guess they had to. It was too out in the open. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Did some of our federal police conspire to overthrow the United States?

Why didn’t the “dogs” of our federal police, investigative, and military agencies “bark” when they knew full well in advance that an armed mob was coming to the Capitol to try to overthrow our government, and that many within the mob were armed and willing to kill (and did) to try to accomplish their goal?

Why, afterward, did the Secret Service and the Department of Defense wipe their phones so the data could never be retrieved?

https://www.rawstory.com/us-capitol-police-2658808492/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JemJem said:

In the meantime, the fascist, killer guy Kyle Rittenhouse is free and last I checked, was provoking people on social media.

Far right so often gets away with various crimes they commit. So I am surprised they have gone after this fascist group. I guess they had to. It was too out in the open. 

It’s something to do with elections having consequences, and voting matters.

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Did some of our federal police conspire to overthrow the United States?

Why didn’t the “dogs” of our federal police, investigative, and military agencies “bark” when they knew full well in advance that an armed mob was coming to the Capitol to try to overthrow our government, and that many within the mob were armed and willing to kill (and did) to try to accomplish their goal?

Why, afterward, did the Secret Service and the Department of Defense wipe their phones so the data could never be retrieved?

https://www.rawstory.com/us-capitol-police-2658808492/

The extent of the conspiracy to overthrow the election is going to shock people.

The US was a hairs breadth from a fascist take over.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JemJem said:

At this point it's about precedent: if they let these guys walk (I'm referring to all these guys, including the one with a perverse liking of orange spray-tan) they are going to try again.  What is going on in AZ right now is because the Feds didn't do what was necessary to bring the bozos who tried to finagle the 2020 election results.  Two years and counting, looks like it's not going to be settled in time for the 2024 presidential.  I don't think by 2028 either. 

Keep an eye on little Kyle, we're going to be seeing more of him in the future.  I still can't believe he got away with the amateur crybaby performance: I have a nephew who does the same thing, and just as poorly (and his parents always give in).  He killed (crossing state lines with a weapon and killed and wounded several people) and he got away with it.  He'll do it again, he'll be able to cry his way out of that too, he'll think.  He was a guest at MAL and supposedly watched the deSouza movie with the proprietor.  I think he's going to go to college and have a hard time making friends, and one day it's going to come to a head he's going to load up on ammo and teach them all a lesson.

In regard to the second sentence of the quote there is a multi-part podcast called Ultra, by Rachel Maddow.  It involves pro-Nazi treachery in the US gov't prior to and during the US involvement in WWII, quite a good piece of work.

• Like 1