Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

35 minutes ago, James105 said:

If you are going to throw those kind of accusations around then I presume you have a link to back it up... right?  

I'm really not going to get into a debate about Nigel Farnage being racist or not. Lets say I agree with the The Archbishop of Canterbury who said Farage was guilty of “inexcusable pandering to people’s worries and prejudices, that is giving legitimisation to racism”. The Ukip leader was “accentuating people’s fear for political gain and that is absolutely unacceptable”, he added.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/07/nigel-farage-helping-to-legitimise-racism-justin-welby-says

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am of the opine that she was deliberately evasive when replying to the question of where she came from and she intentionally gave the name of her charity instead of where she actually came from when asked . 

IMO, this is a publicity stunt 

Ask yourself where she was and why was she there at all?

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Wrong. 

She is British. But she was dressed in African garb, using an African name and representing a charity for African women. It is perfectly legitimate to ask about her heritage.

It was a setup. Hence wearing the wire and the previous posts about the Royal Family. 

I understand that Lefty Americans don't like our royal family but this campaign is bordering on the ridiculous.

Wrong. 

She is British and said so. She is a British citizen by birth so she is from Britain. 

To not accept this and ask “where you really come from” is racism. 

Ethnicity does not define nationality. 

How anyone chooses to dress and the names they choose to go by have no bearing on nationality or where they are from. They are choices and have zero relevance to nationality nor do they dictate where they are from. 

The charity worker answered the question and that should have been it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well I am REALLY British so that's what I would tell them. 

If my ancestors were REALLY from Africa, Asia or whatever I would tell them. Honest question. Honest answer. Nothing to be ashamed of. No need to start race baiting with an OAP who is trying to start a conversation while mingling at an event.

It was clearly a setup, hence the hidden wire. She might regret it if the rumours surrounding the charity are true (not saying they are, just rumours at this stage).

At no time did she ask 'where are your ancestors from'. It was always 'no, where are YOU from?;

As I have said many, many times, Lady SH may not be guilty of racism but she is certainly guilty of clumsy, undiplomatic talk that COULD be construed as racism. 

And for someone supposedly well versed in diplomacy, that's what's unforgiveable and why she had to go.

• Like 1

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

I'm really not going to get into a debate about Nigel Farnage being racist or not

Yes, it's tricky to debate something when your argument is basically untrue.

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I agree with the The Archbishop of Canterbury

This one?  Perhaps you should find better judges of character to agree with...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10081819/Archbishop-Canterbury-face-disciplinary-action-sexual-abuse-scandal-say-lawyers.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/justin-welby-admits-he-was-wrong-to-say-there-was-a-cloud-over-george-bell

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/we-are-truly-sorry-for-the-shameful-way-the-church-has-acted-235009/

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

No they are not. The main thrust of my argument is that she is pretending, presenting herself, as somebody she is not. As for the charity finances, they are on the internet. 

I wasn't the one who wrote the words; you were.

If that's what you meant then you should have chosen your words better.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not poor I'm comfortable with all my opinions and points of view.  Facts you are funny. 

Good for you. 

Doesn’t change the fact hussey acted in a racist manner. 

As to what you are, fact is I would be suspended if I said so. 

18 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Are you not British? He is VERY well known in the UK for being racist and for his extreme views on this sort of thing. Plenty on here probably love him though. 

How is Farage a racist? unless you mean being a patriot and being anti illegal immigration, neither of which are

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But if you love diversity and culture so much , why do you oppose old White females for ? 

Like many others, in your attempts to be really anti racist , you become racist yourself , supporting people who have racist charities and want teachers based on their race and not ability .

I am all for equality and diversity , and I disagree with any forms of racism , unlike others who agree with racism ("Sorry, this refuge isn't for White people")  because they are "anti-racist" 

Stop with the straw -man nonsense. If this is your level of debate then I'm really not going to engage.

An aristocrat with years of dimplomatic service and a pedigree that just shouts privelage drops herself in it and you accuse me of opposing 'old white females'. Give me a break.

If you were following my point without the blinkers you usually wear then you'll see my stance is more about the job she was supposed to be doing than the racism angle you are pushing. Her words were clumsy and old-fashioned and for someone in her position completely wrong. She got found out and was right to resign (or pushed) as that's NOT how a seasoned diplomat representing the Royal Family should talk and/or behave.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Wrong. 

She is British. But she was dressed in African garb, using an African name and representing a charity for African women. It is perfectly legitimate to ask about her heritage.

It was a setup. Hence wearing the wire and the previous posts about the Royal Family. 

I understand that Lefty Americans don't like our royal family but this campaign is bordering on the ridiculous.

What wire? Are you justb maki9ng stuff up now?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She changes her name from Marlene Headley to ngozi fulani , an African name. Then she dresses up like an exotic Jamaican obeah lady. She's deliberately presenting herself to obfuscate her background. Then someone who naturally can't place the person due to the name and garb juxtaposition, tries to strike up a friendly honest conversation but is met with replies which build more obfuscation , perpetuating the conversation. The trap is set and the poor lady falls in . Now the Palace and their many charities is "keen to work with" Ms . Fulani / headley. Posh fools are no match for a street grifter

hmm. royal family. changing name.  help me out here....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am of the opine that she was deliberately evasive when replying to the question of where she came from and she intentionally gave the name of her charity instead of where she actually came from when asked . 

IMO, this is a publicity stunt 

So we are just descending into conspracy theories now eh?

I've said my piece on this matter with facts based around the actual conversation but you guys are now going with 'publicity stunts' and even 'she was wearing a wire' (another poster I know).

If you can't engage in an intelligent manner then I really don't see the point in continuing.

Peace. Love. Equality.

I'm out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nobody seems to know how she can remember the conversation verbatim. The first place it appeared seems to be her Twitter account. There are a number of people suggesting she wore a microphone, which seems possible, otherwise how would she remember the whole conversation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Nobody seems to know how she can remember the conversation verbatim. The first place it appeared seems to be her Twitter account. There are a number of people suggesting she wore a microphone, which seems possible, otherwise how would she remember the whole conversation.

Conspiracy theories. There were witnesses to the conversation. That's why the palace couldn't pull out the misremembered card.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ok. I'm going to dress in a full England Rugby kit, call myself Dave Smith and drink pints of English ale while representing a charity for British soldiers in Bangkok. 

If an 83 year old Thai lady assumes I have British heritage and asks where I am from originally I will call them a racist and demand they resign their position immediately.

God help her if she calls me a farang. 

Seriously, you must twist yourself in knots living here as a Caucasian. ????

Dress how you like, drink what you like, call yourself whoever you want. 

I don’t care. 

Doesn’t change the fact that using the words “where are you really from?” is racism in action. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Like 1