"All a misunderstanding" as Thai Elite staffer mistakenly takes Thai tourist's bag containing 300K at Bangkok airport

webfact

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is Thailand the Hub of people carrying large amounts of cash around with utter disregard for security ??? 

Yes. I watched a Cambodian construction worker open up her waist purse, and it was stuffed with cash. Guess they don't believe in banks 

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is Thailand the Hub of people carrying large amounts of cash around with utter disregard for security ??? 

Not about security rather than frustration. Ever tried to get a cashiers cheque from a bank in this country?

A few years ago I bought a new car and wanted a cheque from my bank, it took 3+ hours because I could not perfectly replicate my 20 year old signature in the back of the "BS" bank book AND to top it off I was charged a percentage of the value.

A few trips to an ATM machine over a number of days would have been much easier.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

i love the fact they have to rely on the CCTV from a booth selling sim cards to solve the crime.

gives you great confidence in the security infrastructure at thailand's main airport...

Exactly, you would think they would have multiple cameras covering all of the carousels, showing different angles?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

While legal it is so stupid that it can only be intended for some deal he'd rather conceal.

[In a country where foreigners aren't allowed to have a Paypal account]..

He was probably earned it working Korea. Maybe he didn't have a bank account here to transfer it to.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robin said:

"Exactly, you would think they would have multiple cameras covering all of the carousels, showing different angles?"

There might be cameras, but is anything recorded?

Fair point knowing Thailand, but I would certainly hope so!

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes. I watched a Cambodian construction worker open up her waist purse, and it was stuffed with cash. Guess they don't believe in banks 

Indeed.... we’re probably due another ‘....left 800,000 baht in a bag in a taxi...’ thread.... :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1