Police captain deliberately blocks ambulance with unconscious passenger in back - pays 500 baht fine and sends flowers

webfact

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

"Can't you see there's a (red) light?"

I wonder. In every country in the world, firefighters, ambulances and police vehicles have special rights in traffic when they are on emergency duty.

Isn't that the case in Thailand?

If not, then this policeman is obviously absolutely unfit for police service.

Maybe he just wanted to prevent the Ambulance getting a ticket for passing through a red light, and he thought he did a good deed :whistling:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Maybe he just wanted to prevent the Ambulance getting a ticket for passing through a red light, and he thought he did a good deed :whistling:

He thought?

As the case is described in the OP, he seems to lack precisely this ability - to think.

He's definitely not the brightest candle on the cake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

He thought?

As the case is described in the OP, he seems to lack precisely this ability - to think.

He's definitely not the brightest candle on the cake.

I think you missed the :whistling: at the end I guess :thumbsup:

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

I think because the local culture doesn't really permit then to express their feelings and emotions at all, they end up just taking it out on others by being as difficult as possible on the roads and elsewhere in general.

Exactly right. And put them in a uniform, not just police, and it gives them the perfect tool to bully and belittle others as their revenge. Pathetic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Judging by his attitude , he will be suing Thai Rath   Newspaper ,

the ambulance driver , for defamation in reporting his name .

regards Worgeordie

That was my first sad thought. He owes an apology to all of Thailand for denigrating the Kingdom of Thailand. If he wants a court case, a Thai prosecutor should charge him with "Lèse-majesté" as his actions have caused embarrassment to the Thai nation.

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

I dunno, but you see this kind of thing every day on the roads here.

There's a lack of genuine empathy here in general.

I think because the local culture doesn't really permit then to express their feelings and emotions at all, they end up just taking it out on others by being as difficult as possible on the roads and elsewhere in general.

That said i still find it amazing that there is not more road rage here.

No indicating 

Cutting in 

pulling out in front of you 

list goes on 

Yet surprisingly little screaming, honking, assault.

Everyone i see an accident everyone is just standing around calmly 

A 500 Baht fine really does not cut it in this situation.

His attitude shows a total disregard for those he is supposed to be " Serving and protecting ",a vocational change would be appropriate  in this case for this callus piece of Low life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Don't worry,Thai society will take care of that.

He will be hunted down on social media and receive curses and threats.

Not only him but his whole family as well.

In many cases like this in Thailand they will also lose their job because the employer also gets haunted.

He nearly ended some one live with his stupid ignorant behaviour

just makes me wonder how many lives he has wrecked already in"

the course of his duty"

I am not a big fan of social media. But if it can be used to destroy the life of a street worm like this guy, so be it. You live your life on a gutter level of selfishness, leaning on your rank for prestige and fortune, and consistently abusing your power, and you get what is coming to you. This half man is not deserving of any respect. None. Nada. Nunca. Zero. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

I will never understand how a Thai male thinks they are so different to  westerners , what could possibly be going thru that idiots brain as he was holding up that ambulance? i guess those of us that live here have to accept it, but it does make you wonder.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

That said i still find it amazing that there is not more road rage here.

No indicating 

Cutting in 

pulling out in front of you 

list goes on 

Yet surprisingly little screaming, honking, assault.

Everyone i see an accident everyone is just standing around calmly 

There is not much road rage because of the possible consequences ie. being shot or stabbed to death.

3 hours ago, outsider said:

No amount of flowers or fine will undo this git's actions. One day, the roles may be reversed and his family or loved one - or maybe himself - may be the one in the ambulance. What a brain-dead ball sack. As an aside, the RTP really is a stinking gang of uniformed thieves, robbers and scammers - nothing else.

Karma it will be and Som Nam Na

4 hours ago, 2009 said:

I dunno, but you see this kind of thing every day on the roads here.

There's a lack of genuine empathy here in general.

Another reason to explain the brainless behavior in this situation would be the hierarchical society of Thailand, where the superior is always right and must never be criticized. And there are as many different levels of hierarchy in Thailand as there are Thais. Every Thai finds out in a flash whether his counterpart is higher or lower. And there comes a low-ranking ambulance driver with flashing lights and sirens, and wants to force the higher-ranking police officer to go out of his way.

That's not even possible.

Don't you know who i am?

And then the whole pathetic of the hurt little cock ego comes to light, without recognizing the situation (here an emergency) as a whole logically. Sad.

Edited by tomacht8

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

I just wonder in this case what happened to the Police credo "Protect and Serve" ????

"To Protect and Serve" is a motto invented by the LAPD.

It is not a universal  "Police credo".

ie: Motto of RTP is "I will show you".

In this case the policeman is showing the world what a **** he is.

That's normal for Thai police.......it pretty much sums up his "duty".

There are also many other differences between the USA and Thailand.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, billsmart said:

This, of course, is inexcusable, but IMO of living in Thailand for over 20 years, I've seen almost NO ONE give right-a-way to vehicles with their emergency lights on and sirens blaring. I, as I was taught, immediately turn on my emergency blinkers and pull over the side, either side, to let the emergency vehicle pass. When I do that, I am usually honked at by the other Thai drivers and they immediately take advantage of the situation to pass me on the road! ???? 

What are your experiences in situations like this on the highways? 

I always do that, no matter if the EMS vehicle is in front or behind me.

If I am at a set of lights I will try to move over as far as I can.

• Like 1