Police captain deliberately blocks ambulance with unconscious passenger in back - pays 500 baht fine and sends flowers

webfact

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

What's the reason for this in Thai society?

Is it just a pure psychotic ego of being requested to yield for somebody doing something good, or the power of slowing down someone in need of medical assistance, or what is it? 

In this particular case I would say it's a case of "Do you know who   what I am?"

(Answers on a 500 baht note, please!)

• Love It 1

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

What's the reason for this in Thai society?

Is it just a pure psychotic ego of being requested to yield for somebody doing something good, or the power of slowing down someone in need of medical assistance, or what is it? 

Yes, it's a by product of a hierarchical social structure. 

The ego shines when everyone is either above or below you on the social ladder 

• Like 2

This has been a longtime issue in Thailand as motorists tend to ignore the sirens while sleeping at the wheel or cops not giving priority to these ambulances when the officers are directing/blocking the traffic.

Although I am not a fan of the German mentality, I was surprised, and it took me a little while to understand why they were doing that, when, on the motorway during a slow down for any reasons, the cars were driving  or stopping on the emergency lanes, or as close as possible to the protection rails to leave the main road open, free from any vehicles: No sirens, no police/ambulance/firetruck in sight....just in case

That what should be done everywhere ( I must admit, the first time that happened, I engaged in the "free" lane ... I am sure I have been forgiven for my stupid move, out of ignorance )

Thumbs up to the German on that one

10 hours ago, Barnet1900 said:

Great question. They've got worse over the years and will continue to get worse.

Stupid, uneducated, ignorant, Muppets that know nothing serious will be done about it.

He'll be looked after, even in an inactive post. He'll hold his head high, have some excuse and lie ready at hand. The fact he followed them and continued to harass them says it all.

Imagine facing something like him and his gorillas in a police station.

Scary

One could say uncivilised. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, jvs said:

Tomorrow he will be in the news saying he is soooo sorry and that he did

not know or he was drunk or some one made him angry.

Not his fault you know.

He will be very sorry because his life as he knows it will now be over.

Which of course it won't, he is a senior police officer, he will continue on his merry way!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

If the new "point system" was in effect how many points would he get deducted for this?

Why is an RTP Captain having a rank of Colonel?

Corporal in any other force, if that 

I think it is aberrant behavior on the part of this one individual. My one ambulance ride with siren and lights was unhindered by similar A holes.
I have observed other instances of people moving aside in like cases.
Bad behavior on the part of one obviously unfit for his job,

File a "manslaughter attempt" and see, what happens. 

But, yes, it always depends on who exactly is on the gurney in the ambulance and until this endless selfishness of Thai drivers does not get re-educated away .........

As a cop, he should be fined dearly and then thrown off the force to set an example; trust me, it woud never ever happen again with a semi-divine representative of the RTP ???? 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:48 PM, Neeranam said:

Yes, it's a by product of a hierarchical social structure. 

The ego shines when everyone is either above or below you on the social ladder 

must show, in any way, how important you are to build/maintain a better status level.

My extended family lady boy is consumed with 'looking rich and important' / 'the family looking rich and impotant'. This extends as far as him making the plans for a massive Chinese style banquet when I die (I'm not sick).

He's even told my son what money he wants to organize and pay for the banquet.

Son has told him several times 'there's won't be any banquet and if theere's any 'event' he (son) will organize it'. Lady boy's pleading response 'but we must have a big banquet to show how rich the family is'. 

No banquet. 

• Like 1