Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

In chemical engineering.

Oxidation of hydrocarbons in complete mix reactors.

mine is in cultural analysis - I used to run English language courses for Science and engineering students because their language expressive abilities were so low - that included native English speakers.

sounds like you worked in Map Tha Put - do you sit around drinking at 8 am? outside 7/11s?

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

And I have a Bachelor and Masters of Engineering, but apparently no educated people come to Pattaya ????

so for all your education you can't understand a basic argument?

do you sit around drinking at 8 am? outside 7/11s?

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, kwilco said:

so for all your education you can't understand a basic argument?

do you sit around drinking at 8 am? outside 7/11s?

You're the only one who has mentioned drinking outside 7/11's, what's the appeal in that?

Rather sit in a bar in the morning on Beach Road thanks

• Like 2

Hace 35 minutos, kwilco dijo:

mine is in cultural analysis - I used to run English language courses for Science and engineering students because their language expressive abilities were so low - that included native English speakers.

sounds like you worked in Map Tha Put - do you sit around drinking at 8 am? outside 7/11s?

I don't usually go to bars, except sometimes the skybar in Siam@Siam, or sometimes to the Hilton, to have a cocktail while watching the sunset.
But I do drink in restaurants at lunchtime, or at the Holiday Inn seafood buffet on Saturdays.

As for my language expressive abilities, they are quite good in my native language, and I think I can handle myself acceptably well in the other languages that I speak to a greater or lesser degree (Spanish, English, French, Russian, Italian and Portuguese).

Edited by Espanol

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

You're the only one who has mentioned drinking outside 7/11's, what's the appeal in that?

Rather sit in a bar in the morning on Beach Road thanks

you don't appear to be following the OP

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

I don't usually go to bars, except sometimes the skybar in Siam@Siam, or sometimes to the Hilton, to have a cocktail while watching the sunset.
But I do drink in restaurants at lunchtime, or at the Holiday Inn seafood buffet on Saturdays.

As for my language expressive abilities, they are quite good in my native language, and I think I can handle myself acceptably well in the other languages that I speak to a greater or lesser degree (Spanish, English, French, Russian, Italian and Portuguese).

It's not your language, it's you ability ti reason and think critically that would be the same in any language.

You clearly have you alcohol consumption mapped out - and see to think where your drink makes it "different"?

• Confused 1

There’s some French guy that’s always in my condo pool. He keeps talking to everyone constantly and will approach you in the pool.

Is there any to get him to shut up? I’m not comfortable being in the pool with him. It’s some European guy.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

There’s some French guy that’s always in my condo pool. He keeps talking to everyone constantly and will approach you in the pool.

Is there any to get him to shut up? I’m not comfortable being in the pool with him. It’s some European guy.

At least your geography is OK in that you know that a "French guy" is also "some European guy!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, kwilco said:

It's not your language, it's you ability ti reason and think critically that would be the same in any language.

You clearly have you alcohol consumption mapped out - and see to think where your drink makes it "different"?

Now here's a guy that's been drinking since 8am. ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

THe paucity of that conclusion and its inaccuracy says more about you and the OP than anything i could say.

Some people not only can't imagine life without alcohol they think others can't as well - how blinkered can you get??

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

8 hours ago, kwilco said:

THe paucity of that conclusion and its inaccuracy says more about you and the OP than anything i could say.

Some people not only can't imagine life without alcohol they think others can't as well - how blinkered can you get??

He's an angry drunk. ???? The worst kind. 

• Haha 1

hmmmm... from memory a beer for breakfast is more tasty than usual as your taste buds are not sullied by other things. However. I wouldn't recommend it as it leaves you feeling very tired later in the day (classically you are supposed to keep on drinking for the rest of the day to stop this happening, so each to his own

17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Tell him you have covid

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

You're clearly both drunk and angry. ???? 

Interesting that you assume without any evidence I'm drunk - one has to conclude  that you are judging people by your own habits. You can't conceive otherwise. I'll say hello next time I step over you to get into a 7/11

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

55bht in 7/11 Vs 100bht in the bar for a large Leo .

The appeal is you can drink 2x as much for almost the same price.

28 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

And again with the 7/11, you seem obsessed with it. 

Anyway, 7/11 only start selling beer at 11am. As per the OP, beer bars on beach road start selling beer with breakfast, so much better than 7/11 ????

well you'd know wouldn't you?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Punch to the throat normally works

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

55bht in 7/11 Vs 100bht in the bar for a large Leo .

The appeal is you can drink 2x as much for almost the same price.

Well they could always go to Nikom Court opposite Subway on Soi Bukhao. They have similar prices to 7/11 and you get fan and a nice seat to watch the World go by ????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Well they could always go to Nikom Court opposite Subway on Soi Bukhao. They have similar prices to 7/11 and you get fan and a nice seat to watch the World go by ????

And it's got a nice toilet, at least it did pre-Covid.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

A fan would be a good idea there, i guess they are keeping costs down

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A fan would be a good idea there, i guess they are keeping costs down

Well you do have to grab a beer yourself out of the fridge, no waitress service. Great idea if it means very cheap beer (which are ice cold as well)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Well you do have to grab a beer yourself out of the fridge, no waitress service. Great idea if it means very cheap beer (which are ice cold as well)

Might work for a restaurant also, go and collect food and drink yourself 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I love the idea of getting a beer anywhere where the cap is left on and I pop it off myself. I feel like some of the bars are filling old bottles with the tap instead of popping a new beer.

I got a "bad beer" that tasted awful the other night, flat and stale. So bad that I did not drink it, just left it there. It was one of those cheap places streetside on soi baukaow. That's very rare for a bottled beer, I think. Just more comfortable not having it open, people hands or fingers around the rim, etc. Or at least pop it off at the table which is never done, instead of in a back room somewhere.

Always wondered why it's always opened in the back. Seems odd. May just be me being paranoid, but I also like it capped so someone does not slip something into the beer in a back room or over by the bar where I can't see.

Edited by JimTripper

16 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmmm... from memory a beer for breakfast is more tasty than usual as your taste buds are not sullied by other things. However. I wouldn't recommend it as it leaves you feeling very tired later in the day (classically you are supposed to keep on drinking for the rest of the day to stop this happening, so each to his own

Not sure on that, depends how much one had the night before.... usually wake up as if a gorilla had peed in my mouth..... the eggs and bacy can taste good later on though. 

17 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmmm... from memory a beer for breakfast is more tasty than usual as your taste buds are not sullied by other things. However. I wouldn't recommend it as it leaves you feeling very tired later in the day

The big problem with beer in the morning is that you're supposed to be spending the morning rehydrating yourself after a 6-8 hour sleep where you haven't taken on any fluid. Putting poisen into your body first thing in the morning before you've had a chance to catch up on your fluid intake isn't really the best of plans.

It is fun, though ????