Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I just can't imagine that in Pattaya. I eat out all the time and pretty much everywhere I eat could be called a bar (very few pure restaurants that I know of)

In regards to OP of people drinking in the morning, people can do whatever they want and don't need judgements from strangers who have no clue about what's going on in their life. 

I don't live central, and the places I use are not like the Pattaya bars at all. 

On 12/7/2022 at 1:21 AM, orchis said:

could also be a sign of alcoholism. up to them.

Rubbish!

As I've been reading this thread, and I have become utterly bored; but that does not mean I am going to reach for a beer.

I will reach for a beer for other reasons; for example if a ball game warrants my attention, or if it back home it is late afternoon or evening. Yeah, I am in LOS on holiday, so my internal clock may not have quite synced up with the local time. Also, it is my prerogative to do whatever I want.

This being said, I am going to put on the ball game now (which was played at 3:05am this morning) and enjoy a beer.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, proton said:

Praise the lord, one thing more boring than a drunk is an ex drunk telling all how long it is since he had a drink! They always seem to exagerate how much they were drinking and how happier they are since they quit.

Thank God I'll not see your posts in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cobra said:

At first glance I could see how this may look tragic,

but at some point in one's long life you should be able to let one's self go, and damn the torpedos,

When you're closer to the grave than away from it,

being happy and comfortable would be the order of the day in my wheel house. 

Are you a happy drunk in Pattaya?

im sure they exist but it’s like finding a needle in a haystack ????????‍♂️

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Compare it perhaps to what retirement would entail in say a UK northern town. 

It's cheaper, for housing transport, food, entertainment...taxes.

Despite what you say, a bit of female company, (with no strings if that is what you want) is a cheap option, and pleasurable.

It's safer crime wise.

There is large number of like minded people who usually speak your language.

You are invisible in the UK....(handsome man here)

One can venture away from the bars......I have not been in one for some months.

Do you believe I could live in a pool villa in the UK for anything but many multiples of the cost?

Oh, and the weather is better... who the hell ever wants to see snow again?

And often, the women back there are borderline repugnant, fat, attitude and take no pride in their appearance. 

Pattaya has beaches, lakes, entertainment, western shops and supplies, and a couple of highways to come and go.

The old temples argument again, basically. You chose Pattaya for a reason though, not because of all those things which are a stretch. It was most likely grubby bars and women of I’ll repute. You may have grown out of it but you don’t fool me. It could have been anywhere else for those things you mentioned.

• Love It 1

Yes, I go drunk when I fancy a beer in the evening...

Have you ever asked your wife in the morning, why there are two half peaches in sticky sirup in the frying pan and she drops to the ground screaming laughing?

(After 20 minutes she turned the flame off and said that these will never turn into fried eggs....)

but no, no beer in the morning...

I just wouldn't get it down so I need to ask, what is considered "an old men"  

I am 60 now....

Edited by Reginald Prewster
spacing

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Nonsense......I was walking around Pattaya today. Loads of attractive women to be seen, quite pleasant if not a bit hot. Who the heck mentioned temples bar you, I certainly did not. You have no idea why I chose Pattaya, and as usual you are just trying to bait posters, trolling.

I hated jomtien. There were just a bunch of grubby bars and the beach sucked. I sat on the beach one time, immediately bothersome vendors come up and don’t want to scram.

there was a nice restaurant there though. I can’t think of why someone would want to live there. I guess it depends on what your used to if your coming in from a bad environment it looks great, or some people just see positive in everything, I’m not sure ????????‍♂️.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I expect people who were brought up in Hawaii, Tahiti, San Tropez and the like might well not see Jomtien as attractive, more pretty low and scruffy. Others who grew up in Glasgow, Burnley, Mansfield or New Delhi, it looks okay. I certainly know a lot of retired folks who have chosen Jomtien. Sure, if I had a lot of money, a Caribbean Island mansion would be nice, like Eric Clapton or Richard Branson, but I do not. One pal waxes lyrical about the sea view from his balcony, A cramped couple of square yards he shares with an AC compressor, drying underwear and towels and a few potted plants. 

I’m not coming in from Tahiti or Hawaii. I’m comparing it to other places I have lived in Thailand and Vietnam. Cambodia is worse, I prefer Jomtien. I never pay more then 20k a month.

If you have lived in other places around and still prefer Jomtien, fine. If not, I would suggest trying out other locations and see if Pattaya and Jomtien still seem grubby or not.

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

If you have lived in other places around and still prefer Jomtien, fine. If not, I would suggest trying out other locations and see if Pattaya and Jomtien still seem grubby or not.

Me and my lady did some extensive tours of Thailand prior to settling here, near Pattaya (not Jomtien). A few places were better, but far too touristy and priced accordingly, Others just a little too quiet and isolating for me as a foreigner.  Of course Mrs wants me to move to her home village which to me would be purgatory.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/25/2023 at 10:35 PM, JimTripper said:

I hated jomtien. There were just a bunch of grubby bars and the beach sucked. I sat on the beach one time, immediately bothersome vendors come up and don’t want to scram.

there was a nice restaurant there though. I can’t think of why someone would want to live there. I guess it depends on what your used to if your coming in from a bad environment it looks great, or some people just see positive in everything, I’m not sure ????????‍♂️.

Where's great? I find lots of places good for 2 weeks then it's boring.

• Like 1