Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

no such thing as a sex addict.

the problem is old GRUMPY men gathered for drinks at 9 am and complaining about everything in thailand. 

at the beach, no less.

which many places in the world don't even have a beach.

the problem isnt the alcohol, it's being in the same (exotic) place so long you dont appreciate it anymore.

sitting there complaining at 9 am over beers. 

But they release sewer water into the ocean. Do you like floating on cigars?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Agree..........we always have a shot of whisky

I stayed at one hotel in Blackpool of all places, that had one super spread English breakfast.... no I would say British breakfast,as there was porridge and a bottle of Scotch there for the Scots!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

i was/am only a non-quality tourist.

but when i saw them i wondered if i would end up like them if i made the move permanently.

Why would you move to Pattaya if you don’t like people sitting in bars all day? There’s not much else to do in Pattaya. You can take breaks doing other things, but the main draw is bars. If you like beaches try Phuket or Bangkok for shopping.

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why would you move to Pattaya if you don’t like people sitting in bars all day? There’s not much else to do in Pattaya. You can take breaks doing other things, but the main draw is bars. If you like beaches try Phuket or Bangkok for shopping.

thats all people do there? then i guess i shouldn't move there. ha ha.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

What are your interests and I will send some suggestions for areas you may like.

there's lots of info on here. there's a thread on chiang mai going on at the moment.

i may take an extended holiday at some point to see more of the country. 

where are you?

27 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

there's lots of info on here. there's a thread on chiang mai going on at the moment.

i may take an extended holiday at some point to see more of the country. 

where are you?

Someplace cheap with a reasonably easy visa.

If I could afford it I would be living in the Virgin Islands, or maybe have a castle on the ocean in Ireland. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Someplace cheap with a reasonably easy visa.

If I could afford it I would be living in the Virgin Islands, or maybe have a castle on the ocean in Ireland. 

you're dis-recommending thailand? ha ha.

the health insurance bs is a bummer. 

i'm still a long way from getting my ducks in a row, so i'm just trolling in the meantime. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Phuket would be the last place I'd go for beaches. Want beaches, go to Lanta or Phangan.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Phuket would be the last place I'd go for beaches. Want beaches, go to Lanta or Phangan.

They were nice 40 years ago. Here is Ao Sane beach. It was inaccessible by any vehicle at that time. Bungalows on the beach were 40 baht a night.

ao sane 2.JPG

ao sane.JPG

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They were nice 40 years ago. Here is Ao Sane beach. It was inaccessible by any vehicle at that time. Bungalows on the beach were 40 baht a night.

ao sane 2.JPG

ao sane.JPG

Do you remember the exchange rate back then? Thai baht was higher back then right? 

5 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I don't drink - - especially beer... but it would not have even made me blink...

I thought drinking beer whenever and wherever and doing nothing was a retirement plan for many... 

Only if you’re on a nice clean beach with no hawkers, like on the commercial. Not in a loud dirty bar.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Well you will find all sorts of people in Pattaya. When I lived there I tried to stay away from alcohol until dinnertime.  And only a couple of beers at most. 

If you happen to be alcoholic and can't control yourself, Pattaya is tha last place you would visit. 

But if people are happy and the wife / girls are happy do as you like, you only have one life.   

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All rocks. Plenty better places even back then.

There were a lot of better beaches back then. Allof them except Patong. What they didn't have was the isolation. The water was very clean and deep quickly so nice for swimming.

• 5 months later...
On 12/16/2022 at 12:10 PM, Andrew65 said:

I know exactly what you're saying, but I've had many years to ponder what I'm saying.

I don't "sit in my room complaining" I'm not really a complainer.

I did used to go out for a walk every day, that's an hour or 2 (out of 16).

Cookery courses, I don't like cooking, much

Day trip tp Bangkok? When I lived there for about 20 years?!???? (Sighseeing? Already seen enough temples to last 5 lifetimes????).

Girl watching? Been doing that in Thailand since 1985?????

Martial arts when suffering from quite severe arthritis (since I was a kid).

Volunteer at an orphanage, and have people putting it around that you're a pedophile????Although I have thought about doing volutary work generally,.

I now live and work back in the UK.

You could try sleeping with a different girl every night. It would get real expensive though and you would likely end up with all sorts of diseases.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You could try sleeping with a different girl every night. It would get real expensive though and you would likely end up with all sorts of diseases.

Up to you.

• Haha 1

Let them be. I could not answer where to drink in Chiang Mai in the morning these days.

The last to fall may have been "Bier Stube" years ago. A mix of breakfast beer geezers and remnants from the not so underground clubs. Some years ago and not even in business anymore.