Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

On 6/30/2023 at 8:54 PM, JimTripper said:

There’s some French guy that’s always in my condo pool. He keeps talking to everyone constantly and will approach you in the pool.

Is there any to get him to shut up? I’m not comfortable being in the pool with him. It’s some European guy.

Speak Klingon to him?

• 2 weeks later...

someone actually made a documentary on this topic. 

people who drink in bars in the AM in New York City.

there's even an ominous bible quote about this type of behavior. 

Isaiah 5:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; Who continue until night, till wine inflames them!

On 7/2/2023 at 3:31 PM, simon43 said:

Speak Klingon to him?

Not the same guy, but I saw a group of guys in the pool one night. They were all standing there talking and “bobbing up and down” in the water. Seemed pretty strange. In a circle maybe 2 feet personal space between them. Just old expats in the building.

Maybe it’s a European thing. In the USA guys don’t approach one another in the pool. It’s a little too personal, and never that close. That’s not for me Lol.

Edited by JimTripper

12 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Not the same guy, but I saw a group of guys in the pool one night. They were all standing there talking and “bobbing up and down” in the water. Seemed pretty strange. In a circle maybe 2 feet personal space between them. Just old expats in the building.

Maybe it’s a European thing. In the USA guys don’t approach one another in the pool. It’s a little too personal, and never that close. That’s not for me Lol.

Maybe they were like priest's forming a circle. ????

On 7/15/2023 at 8:30 AM, jacko45k said:

But quite happily share a jacuzzi...... all is well.

On 7/15/2023 at 9:20 AM, Yellowtail said:

Not the guys I know. 

I have never had guys sitting around in a jacuzzi in the states. They might do that if it was a sports sauna or a team or something, but it would be unusual to do casually in someone’s residence without females present. Couples jacuzzis are common, but not just guys. Ion that situation the guys would not be close together, would be uncomfortable otherwise. Assuming it’s not a gay meet of course.

is it common for Europeans to swim together or do male only saunas? Feels weird to me, but I think they do them in Russia and other cold countries.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, JimTripper said:

is it common for Europeans to swim together or do male only saunas? Feels weird to me, but I think they do them in Russia and other cold countries.

Yes male only sports facilities, including saunas and cold pools are a thing..... a bit of a male bonding session, an opportunity for men's talk. The laughs we had chatting in the sauna after doing the gym were legendary.... 

USA the men aren't strong enough to keep their women out.......

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes male only sports facilities, including saunas and cold pools are a thing..... a bit of a male bonding session, an opportunity for men's talk. The laughs we had chatting in the sauna after doing the gym were legendary.... 

Oz hotel public bars pre 1965 were men only, no women at all. (bliss)! ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Thanks, I will avoid the pool when groups are in session. Lots of Europeans here.

On 7/2/2023 at 9:31 AM, JayClay said:

Science, bro

Not in moderation it has been recently been said that small amounts of alcohol can reduce the risk of heart disease.

For the first time, researchers found that alcohol, in light to moderate quantities, was associated with long-term reductions in stress signaling in the brain. This impact appeared to significantly account for the reductions in heart disease risk seen in light to moderate drinkers participating in the study.Jun 12,2566 

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not in moderation it has been recently been said that small amounts of alcohol can reduce the risk of heart disease.

For the first time, researchers found that alcohol, in light to moderate quantities, was associated with long-term reductions in stress signaling in the brain. This impact appeared to significantly account for the reductions in heart disease risk seen in light to moderate drinkers participating in the study.Jun 12,2566 

Anything that makes you think if will relaxe you, will relaxe you! Many of those researches lays in the expected and wanted results. What you think will have a impact on you and the chemicals you produce in your brain. 

A more relaxed lifestyle is maybe a better solution, than having a drink or two be it in the morning or evening ???? If you are stressed out of course. If not stressed out, a drink or two might be healthy every day, just depending on the person. 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Anything that makes you think if will relaxe you, will relaxe you! Many of those researches lays in the expected and wanted results. What you think will have a impact on you and the chemicals you produce in your brain. 

A more relaxed lifestyle is maybe a better solution, than having a drink or two be it in the morning or evening ???? If you are stressed out of course. If not stressed out, a drink or two might be healthy every day, just depending on the person. 

Agree when younger on holiday I'd drunk in the morning if I wanted to.

Now retired I drink on a late afternoon after lunch.

Live to be happy when ya numbers up it's up.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:14 AM, NickyLouie said:

It's appalling to see these old geezers who are so bent out of shape from their lack of basic self respect.   

Each life is different, we spent only such a short life on this level of existence who is to say as their life is/was/will be what is right.  Some of us that partake in alcohol, it is a different experience than others.  What would be a relaxation or mild inhibition to you would actually be a euphoric experience to someone else.  We are all built a bit different which is why, anything disease-wise, those that have a certain difference would inherit the earth.  The genetic difference/and its expression and our understanding and appreciation for it is our future.  My grandparents died in their late 80's and were rampant daily beer drinkers and smokers. Probably had to be less stressed with life and just enjoying it while we can. Maybe the village drunk had it right all the time ????

I was in a home goods store yesterday that sells only kitchen stuff, pots & pans etc.

An older foreigner was shopping in there with his Thai partner. She kept saying loudly “it’s not expensive, it’s only 10 baht!”. She was trying to get him to agree to purchase some small utensil or something ????.

Time is relative. Maybe that "old guy" is in bed by 8pm, while "young guys" party until 4am.

Besides, "Champagne Breakfast" is an old tradition. Champagne can be substituted by any alcoholic drink.

Once I had my first one, never looked back.....

My son accidently had his first Champagne Breakfast at the age of 5. The Champagne was intended for my ex-wife's 30th birthday breakfast. While we were talking, he polished almost half of the bottle himself. He was on a buzz most of the day after that.... 

Nowadays however, I try very hard to have my first alcoholic drink after 5pm. 

When I take a baht bus down Beach Road before noon, there are always some people already there, drinking.  I assume most are just on a different schedule and probably won’t still be there later in the day.

Years ago, I lived at the beach in San Diego and I used to run every morning.  Anyway, right on the Boardwalk at a place called Crystal Pier, there was a bar that was somehow open very early, with music blasting and people inside, drinking. I assumed then that people drinking at 7am might have had an alcohol problem.

6 minutes ago, jas007 said:

I assumed then that people drinking at 7am might have had an alcohol problem.

Had they been in there all night, that is fine, simply a long night out. The 7am beer for breakfast crowd are different!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Had they been in there all night, that is fine, simply a long night out. The 7am beer for breakfast crowd are different!

What's the difference if people drink 10pm to 7am,  or 10am to 7pm? I'd rather the day drinking

• Like 1