Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

On 12/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, jack71 said:

What time do you have your first one. Are you in control of your habit?

I used to wake up around 4am and drink 1/2 bottle of Sang Thip, Thai rum. By 8 am I was on the Chang beer. I was not in control, and drank 2 bottles of the rum every day, plus a few Changs, when it was stronger than it is now. 

Not in control, so quit through AA, 22 years now.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

There's nothing quite like the buzz of a morning beer, and you don't need to be old to enjoy that! 

The Germans traditionally serve Sekt (sparkling wine) at breakfast. It can even be had at Breakfast World in Chiang Mai, if its still around...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

There's nothing quite like the buzz of a morning beer, and you don't need to be old to enjoy that! 

The Germans traditionally serve Sekt (sparkling wine) at breakfast. It can even be had at Breakfast World in Chiang Mai, if its still around...

I lived in Germany for a while. But this is new to me.

How else is a person to cool down after a night of debauchery and shenanigans, "bangin everything that moves takes it out of you" as I was told once.

Also, we're here for not even an eye blink compared to some other flora and fauna on earth. There are stupid tortoises that are already older than us and will still be eating lettuce long after we're gone, jelly fish too. Trees live longer, some fish and clams too.  Humans are not even may fly's when it's put into perspective.  Enjoy our "fire-spark in the night" lifetime (some don't even get that), try not to suck too much and be helpful when and where you can.

In 50 years, for most of us, no one will care or remember about the angst and white-fire, smite them down, righteousness we felt one day. Someone drinking a beer when the surface area of the planet where you're walking spins into the sunlight just isn't that important.

Wax on, Wax off.

- opinion only, it's a forum -

- also, should have not used beer instead of milk on the cornflakes this morning -

image.png.10e602137f6ea6b34c9b9f211b296c24.png

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

There are stupid tortoises that are already older than us

There's one living in the Seychelles that was born when Andrew Jackson was elected US prez.

And even more impressive, there are some Greenland sharks alive when DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa.

Some POS degenerate loser drinking in public at 9am doesn't really bother me, but being in the same species is a bit embarrassing in comparison.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

There's one living in the Seychelles that was born when Andrew Jackson was elected US prez.

And even more impressive, there are some Greenland sharks alive when DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa.

Some POS degenerate loser drinking in public at 9am doesn't really bother me, but being in the same species is a bit embarrassing in comparison.

There is a quahog clam that is allegedly 500+   ...a clam 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Yeah, I've seen that too in some of the beach cities....

Reminded me of Easter Island....

Poor guys, seem lost and disconnected....

images (24).jpeg

Looks like some beers would go down well.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Maybe you should apply for a transfer then.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:19 PM, HuskerDo2 said:

Why does it matter if someone has a beer at 8 a.m. or at lunch? It's what makes them happy, and they aren't harming you or anyone else. Sounds like you are judging them because their habits are different than yours. You are apparently a young person as you're refer to these guys as "old men". They spent a lifetime working hard. Let them live their lives the way they want. I never hear the "old men" I know complaining about all the young people staying out until 2 in the morning at bars getting wasted. These guys that you talk about are simply having a beer so leave them to live their life the way they want. No judgment please. 

You can't possibly know that at all. What makes you think they all "worked hard their entire life"? Because they're old and drinking beer on a beach? 

Although, Boomers DID work hard creating and normalizing No-fault divorce, and also robbing generations of wealth. The only generation to leave much, much less for the next.

A generation that created the idea that you can violate your wedding vows and traumatize your kids and separate the family because you feel like you aren't getting enough fellatio at home. 

Old western boomers hastening their demise by drinking early in the morning, and other alocholic activities is A-Ok with me. ????????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 7

Just now, BritManToo said:

Would point out it's women initiating most western divorces and stripping the men of their hard earned assets.

Totally, a problem with the courts awarding them most of the spoils of a divorce no doubt.

Still, it was Boomers who did the whole sexual revolution thing that opened up the normalization of getting divorced and ruining several lives in the process because you are "bored". 

On 12/7/2022 at 6:16 AM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

In Spain also particularly the Canary Islands,it’s called a ‘carajillo’.

You've got me pining for a barraquito.

Trained many a barman / restauranter over the years if they stock Licor 43.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 7:17 AM, jacko45k said:

I stayed at one hotel in Blackpool of all places, that had one super spread English breakfast.... no I would say British breakfast,as there was porridge and a bottle of Scotch there for the Scots!

Och aye, yer canny beat it. Scottish gravy wit yer porridge.

8 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Let them be. I could not answer where to drink in Chiang Mai in the morning these days.

The last to fall may have been "Bier Stube" years ago. A mix of breakfast beer geezers and remnants from the not so underground clubs. Some years ago and not even in business anymore.

Wow, bier stube closed down?

Next up would probably be johns place (if it’s still open).

• Thumbs Up 1