Problem with Lazada and Kerry delivery

PattayaKevin

I ordered some coffee from a place in chiang mai supposed to be delivered by Kerry on the 6th December but still waiting, on the tracking section of the app it shows it as being in the Khon Kaen hub…the seller has chased them up as well but so far no delivery…if it’s not here by Monday I will go for a refund if possible 

4 hours ago, garrya said:

Kerry used to be great. Nowadays, they don't care at all.

We have been selling online for 4 years and both Lazada and Shopee keep changing their shipment providers and I can safely say that never have we had so many problems like Kerry. We have lost a number of customers and a lot of money because of their negligence. They usually mark unsuccessful delivery even if they have not attempted a delivery, they damage the most orders, leave packages at the wrong address, and their support service is a joke. 

I was making full plans for when I returned to Thailand late Nov 2021 from abroad. I had a small and a big suitcase for check-in and a well packed/ well protected strong folding lighweight wheelchair. Singapore airlines accepted the lot as check-in luggage (wheelchair no charge).

I arrive at swampy, met by tranport to the Covid 19 hotel. Next day I tried to book the lot on a flight swampy to Chiang Mai. I spoke with the hotel manager and she had concerns that AirAsia would not accept the wheelchair as check-in luggage and she explained why. She offered to call Kerry and send the wheelchair from hotel to home address in Chiang Mai.

My flight landed in CM and immediately a concerned call from Bkk hotel mngr. She explained that Kerry were at the hotel but were horrified re the wheelchair and refused to take it.

Hotel mngr then got her staff to take the chair to local Thai post office, readily accepted, 150Baht incl. home delivery in CM. Arrived at home in CM just over 24 hrs later.  

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

...I Concur....

...A Glitch...(?)

...Incompetence...(?)

...Other***...(?)...Would Imply 'Intentional'....For Whatever Reason...(?)

...I Received The Same 'False/Inaccurate' "Attempted To Deliver" B.S.***

...3 Days Now...Back & Forth (Don Muang - Ayutthaya) (3x) Already...

11 minutes ago, garrya said:

It doesn't work that way. Sellers are assigned the shipment provider. Sellers can't choose. There is no such thing that not choose seller who uses Kerry. I get 5 orders, 2 may be assigned to Kerry , 3 may go to Flash etc.  

Also it's not a local issue. As a Seller I can safely say it's a country-wide problem. The package is often stuck at sorting depots so paying a visit to local branches can be worthless. It's often sent to wrong branches and no one seems to be interested in finding it. 

I collected my undelivered and delayed parcel from the Fxxx depot behind Big C off Tai. There were parcels all over the shop, some in discrete piles. But the actual sorting area was just an open loading bay, probably ex-warehouse, so very cheap to rent as a temporary space. A few desks with a couple of laptops. That was it. No office. But with their guidance (aka tracking system ????) I was able to locate and retrieve my package. DIY - it's the only way to go.

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I collected my undelivered and delayed parcel from the Fxxx depot behind Big C off Tai. There were parcels all over the shop, some in discrete piles. But the actual sorting area was just an open loading bay, probably ex-warehouse, so very cheap to rent as a temporary space. A few desks with a couple of laptops. That was it. No office. But with their guidance (aka tracking system ????) I was able to locate and retrieve my package. DIY - it's the only way to go.

Good on you. Sometimes it does work this way; however, many times it doesn't. 

The sorting depot of Kerry in our town is basically and empty land with a makeshift open-sided structure where in cases of rainy and windy days, goods are exposed to the elements. 

There are a few branches scattered around the town and the orders are often sent to wrong branches.

Mindboggling

24 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Two of the packages were marked undeliverable and are being returned to sender. The other one is out for delivery again. The one out for delivery is a large heavy package about 60 kg I imagine they wouldn't want that taking up a lot of their space long. 

Did they telephone you prior to attempted delivery? Kerry are bad for that, Lel and Lex are very good

2 hours ago, garrya said:

It doesn't work that way. Sellers are assigned the shipment provider. Sellers can't choose. There is no such thing that not choose seller who uses Kerry. I get 5 orders, 2 may be assigned to Kerry , 3 may go to Flash etc.  

Also it's not a local issue. As a Seller I can safely say it's a country-wide problem. The package is often stuck at sorting depots so paying a visit to local branches can be worthless. It's often sent to wrong branches and no one seems to be interested in finding it. 

Edit: There are sellers who set their shop to Seller own fleet so that they can decide how they want to ship and they don't have to rely on Lazada's or Shopee's shipment providers. Those Sellers may be happy to send out the goods with a shipping company the buyer prefers.

You helped me a lot already to understand many things. If I order something at Lazada who pays the delivery - Lazada or you? I guess Lazada (paid in the end by me). And Lazada organises the pickup of the order at your shop. So you don't have much to do with the delivery. Is this correct? Only if the seller has his own fleet then Lazada doesn't care. 

49 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

You helped me a lot already to understand many things. If I order something at Lazada who pays the delivery - Lazada or you? I guess Lazada (paid in the end by me). And Lazada organises the pickup of the order at your shop. So you don't have much to do with the delivery. Is this correct? Only if the seller has his own fleet then Lazada doesn't care. 

The original scenario is that the Seller creates a profile, sets a price and according to the weight and dimension of the product, Lazada determines the cost of shipping.

However, Lazada also allows Sellers to contribute to the shipping cost. This could be a full or partial subsidy. 

We often offer partial subsidy. Let's say the shipping cost is 40 Baht, and we are willing to contribute 25 Baht to this, so Buyer pays only 15 Baht.

Also, Lazada has shipping promotions that can be redeemed by certain buyers depending on how many coins they accumulate or how much they spend on their platform. 

They call it free shipping but in reality, they often subsidize shipping costs only up to 40 Baht.

Edit: Sellers can choose to use Lazada's pick up service or they want to drop off their orders at local branches. We usually use the pick-up service from Lazada. 

Seller own Sellers send the orders however they like, but they still have to stick to deadlines. 

If the Seller misses deadlines, the buyer will be entitled to refunds and can reject the shipment . 

Edited by garrya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Two of the packages were marked undeliverable and are being returned to sender. The other one is out for delivery again. The one out for delivery is a large heavy package about 60 kg I imagine they wouldn't want that taking up a lot of their space long. 

In a way it's rather strange that Lazada allows bulky items even over 50 kg and the shipment provider accepts it. The little problem is that most of the vans run with one driver and they sometimes don't want to carry these large things. 

• Like 1

I've had up to nine out for deliveries without even a phone call and when I've eventually cancelled it they've returned it in two days. I think the problem is they're using part timers who'll not go to an area unless they've got a few packages or maybe even weekends when they're not working. Google reviews for Kerry not one good one all complaints.

• Like 1

I have taken the 5 minute drive to the local Kerry shop and picked up my packages after they failed to deliver 3 days in a row, saying either

no one was home, or wrong address, or no answer on the phone. 

I also tell shop owners where I buy things on Lazada to use anyone BUT not Kerry. 

Tell Kerry do not put on the truck or Bike and you will pick it up. Shops are always nearby. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Supposedly when I messaged Lazada today they canceled the order and told Kerry to return to sender. They said that they can't refund me until they get the order back. Then after they get it back could take them up to 30 business days to credit my credit card I used. 

Read my post.  Contact your card company.  Disputes immediately place funds back into your account.   Do NOT wait for the seller to react and keep you waiting 30 days!

17 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...I Concur....

...A Glitch...(?)

...Incompetence...(?)

...Other***...(?)...Would Imply 'Intentional'....For Whatever Reason...(?)

...I Received The Same 'False/Inaccurate' "Attempted To Deliver" B.S.***

...3 Days Now...Back & Forth (Don Muang - Ayutthaya) (3x) Already...

What?

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

For me Kerry are the best, I only pay C.O.D. and they let me open the package if I'm in doubt, before payment. None of the others will allow that.

But only if they deliver at all... ???? My repeat order (after the fake rejection) has now been waiting for pickup 4 days already... ???????????? After 6 days in the status packed the Lazada system will cancel it automatically. 

I also have a problem with Lazada and their deliveries but it is not with Kerry's it is with Lazada's own logistics company LEX. The local driver that covers my area in Khon Kaen cannot and will not deliver at a reasonable hour. I get a message from him at 20:30 saying that he will attempt delivery within the next hour. This has only happened since this driver started with LEX about 3 months ago. I have spoken to Lazada and they have done nothing about it so now any order that comes with him is rejected and it is sent back to the seller and I contact the seller with a complaint about the hour that this driver wants to make the delivery as it is unacceptable as the wife has a shop to run and we have things that we must do early in the morning before she can open the shop. I have warned any of the sellers that I place an order with "if the system allocates that the order is to be delivered by LEX then the order will be rejected". There have been a couple of orders rejected so far. I only ever pay by COD that way I am not out of pocket while Lazada mucks around doing a refund into the Lazada Wallet and then having to muck around having it transferred to my bank account

Edited by Russell17au

Kerry never called before the "attempted delivery" just received a message from lazada that its out for delivery and marked on the Kerry tracking system. When I was coming home today saw the Kerry uniform on a guy with an unmarked truck. Was hoping he dropped off my item but wife said no as she was home and Kerry has her phone number for delivery. 

On 12/9/2022 at 9:15 AM, brianthainess said:

For me Kerry are the best, I only pay C.O.D. and they let me open the package if I'm in doubt, before payment. None of the others will allow that.

That's against the policy to be honest. Sellers can refuse refunds in case of package opened before payment. 

Got lucky with your local delivery guys. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, JackGats said:

That's why it's better to stick to cash on delivery. You then have to deal with the hassle of them coming just when you're not at home but it's better than chasing a refund.

Never use COD under any circumstances whatsoever, there are lots of scams with COD.

In a dispute do you want Lazada holding your money or the transport company? (who may pay it out in minutes to a scammer).

Here's another scam. You order COD, it arrives, you pay (you are not allowed to open the package until you do) and it's a housebrick.  Lazada tell you that you completed the sale outside of Lazada so go fish.

Have you figured out the scam?

• Like 1

I oder a lot on Lazada and Shopee.  I find it far easier to find things online that going to the stores and trying to explain what it is I am looking for only to find out they don't carry it. 

The fewest problems in terms of delivery are from Kerry.  The most difficulties have been with J&T.   Even then the number of errors non deliveries is very minimal.  

Also if the item is not correct or damaged very easy to return.  Go to one of the stores in person in Thailand and it is both time consuming and laborious. 

• Like 1