Problem with Lazada and Kerry delivery

PattayaKevin

36 minutes ago, recom273 said:

AFAIK there is an initial period whereby Lazada automatically select the courier, the seller has no option. Then after a while, the seller gains the ability to select the method. I don’t know if this is true or not. I was told by a seller, that they had no choice to use xxx but in the future they can offer a courier of my choice. 

I studied Lazada Malaysia and Philippines. At Lazada Thailand I can't read the text in graphics. But perhaps it is the same for Thailand. 

It is highly complicated. Below a link from Lazada Malaysia. And you can try to change the company but you need reasons and Lazada needs to approve it. 

https://sellercenter.lazada.com.my/seller/helpcenter/what-are-the-delivery-options-provided-11024.html

I also found something interesting about "problem customers" 

1 . Sellers can report UNFAIR BUYER REVIEWS through the Seller Center.
 2. Offensive chat messages can be escalated to PARTNER SUPPORT
 3. When the buyer has High Failed Delivery Rates and Returns, COD option can be
 removed from from the Checkout page. This can be requested through Customer Care.
 4. Buyers can be Blacklisted on Lazada when they have HIGH CANCELLATION RATES

This problem is caused by money, or should I say a lack of it and the greed of the commerce platforms.

Most of these delivery companies are franchises, each one along the chain gets a small cut

I heard that the delivering branch can get as low as 8 Baht per package.

It's a race to the bottom as they all out compete each other for the business and the commerce platforms keep most of the delivery fee that's paid anyway. Everyone else fights over the scraps.

The staff are made to work very long hours and not paid very well by a lot of them. They also have limited space and the delivery routes can be long.

This is why there's problems and it won't end, ever.

Edited by ukrules

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

The staff are made to work very long hours and not paid very well by a lot of them. They also have limited space and the delivery routes can be long.

They were able to hire delivery drivers in the Covid crisis - now as employment prospects improve, drivers are probably leaving for something better.

8 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Many problems with Kerry now. Almost 100% of deliveries are marked "Delivery failed, invalid address ". Then it's 1-5 days before package arrives.

I find the blatant dishonesty of falsely claiming an address is invalid as rather disconcerting.

My problems have all been with Lex Express.

I too have had the problem "We tried to deliver' etc etc, or NOT calling to say they are coming.

I always pay COD and in the last month I've had 2 deliveries that want me to pay an extra 50 baht, on top of the invoice total. Next time it happens, I'll refuse it. I find it odd that on both occasions it was for 50 baht.

There's no price printed on the barcode sticker. The price is written in marker pen on the side of the box.

I ordered some stuff from China on 20th December and was given a delivery date between 26thh December and 4th January 2023.

It arrived this afternoon 29th December delivered by Kerry, and yes they called my wife about 10 minutes before the delivery.

I logged into Lazada every day from 23rd to track the package and its progress.

A good delivery service and I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

• 2 months later...

Just read this thread after searching, nothing to add but as of today Kerry are still completely useless, blame everything on the recipient that they never contact. Certainly would never use these clowns out of choice. So many problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, sungod said:

Just read this thread after searching, nothing to add but as of today Kerry are still completely useless, blame everything on the recipient that they never contact. Certainly would never use these clowns out of choice. So many problems.

Every Kerry delivery for me is a nightmare. They call and hang up immediately and say I didn't answer, say that they tried to deliver and I wasn't at home, say that I rejected the delivery, that I postponed the delivery date, that they will deliver at a certain date but never come, whatever. The Chat promises to call me back several times what never happens. Look at the reviews of the Kerry Express app. I am not alone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kerry.express.th.mobile.tracking

In the future I will not buy anymore if the seller uses Kerry. I have no problem with other delivery companies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Every Kerry delivery for me is a nightmare. They call and hang up immediately and say I didn't answer, say that they tried to deliver and I wasn't at home, say that I rejected the delivery, that I postponed the delivery date, that they will deliver at a certain date but never come, whatever. The Chat promises to call me back several times what never happens. Look at the reviews of the Kerry Express app. I am not alone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kerry.express.th.mobile.tracking

In the future I will not buy anymore if the seller uses Kerry. I have no problem with other delivery companies. 

Agree 100%, all the above - ditto

I was shopping for a couple of air cons on Lazada yesterday, found the ones I wanted at a good price. Asked the seller who they used as a delivery company saying I wouldnt buy if it was Kerry! They said no fear, they dont use them.

14 hours ago, sungod said:

Methinks it`s all down to your location....had a parcel delivered yesterday here in Pattaya no problem.....called 5 minutes before to let us know then when they were outside the building....no complaints about Kerry from me.

27 minutes ago, petermik said:

Methinks it`s all down to your location....had a parcel delivered yesterday here in Pattaya no problem.....called 5 minutes before to let us know then when they were outside the building....no complaints about Kerry from me.

Cant get much easier where I am, not far from Sukhumvit in Pattaya.

Never had a problem with LEX, Flash or even the postman!

Edited by sungod

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Only order cash on delivery. If it doesn't turn up. no problem, they can keep it.

The problem is that you sit around at home and wait for nothing. At one point they simply said that I "rejected the delivery at doorstep" and they sent it back - they never came or spoke to me. I ordered again and the same chaos started all over again. I sat at home for several days and waited and waited. It finally arrived - the box completely damaged and open. Unfortunately I needed the things urgently. The problem occurs when they use their truck for delivery. I am in Central Pattaya. Perhaps other locations have more luck.

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Only order cash on delivery. If it doesn't turn up. no problem, they can keep it.

And get scammed with a box of useless <deleted> and Lazada refusing refunds because you didn't pay to them. I'd rather have delivery issues instead.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, VocalNeal said:

^ My point was.  They hang up because "they" cannot speak, or are not confident in, English. This is Thailand so most business is conducted in the local language.

exactly    !   this is what always happens,   they call and as soon as you speak english they will hang up because they don't understand english and the buyer doesn't speak Thai.    There's the problem ...

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

exactly    !   this is what always happens,   they call and as soon as you speak english they will hang up because they don't understand english and the buyer doesn't speak Thai.    There's the problem ...

But this only happens with Kerry. And even if they don't speak English I just ask Lazada? And then they hang up already. In their system it is registered that they called me. Good enough for them. Whatever they want to achieve - up to them. I will avoid Kerry in the future.

Delivery men would make unintelligible phonecalls late in the evening so that they have a phone call record to make believe they tried to deliver. After the phone call the Lazada app would show "delivery attempt was unsuccessful due to customer rescheduling" or some similar jibberish.

I now think Lazada is a numbers game. Place 5 orders (with payment on delivery!), expect to actually receive 3 within the next two weeks. Don't stay at home day after day waiting for deliveries unless you want to have a nervous breakdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2022 at 8:21 AM, Raindancer said:

Read my post.  Contact your card company.  Disputes immediately place funds back into your account.   Do NOT wait for the seller to react and keep you waiting 30 days!

Not as easy as you make out. No guarantee the funds will remain in your account, the process is complicated and you only get one chance to get it right. If the seller disputes the claim it will take months to resolve.

You get 120 days to make the claim so best to explore other options first.