Polish man arrested on Samui Island with canceled student visa, 36 days of overstay, and an Interpol red notice for assault

webfact

14 hours ago, tandor said:

....sort of Contradictory!  (Maybe Interpol have overriding powers!)

Thailand currently has Extradition Treaties with 14 countries:

• The USA-Thailand Extradition Treaty
  • The Thailand-UK Extradition Treaty
  • The Thai - Indonesia Extradition Treaty
  • The Belgium-Thailand Extradition Treaty
  • And extradition treaty with Canada
  • the China-Thailand Extradition Treaty
  • the Thai-South Korea Extradition Treaty
  • the Philippines-Thailand Extradition Treaty
  • the Thai-Laos Extradition Treaty
  • the Thai-Cambodia Extradition Treaty
  • the Thailand-Malaysia Extradition Treaty
  • the Bangladesh-Thailand Extradition Treaty
  • the extradition treaty with Fiji
  • Thailand’s agreement with Australia based a treaty signed between Britain and Thailand in the 1900s

Just because there is no extradition treaty in force for Poland does not mean that extradition from Thailand cannot be requested and/or granted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

Looks, like his student visa was cancelled just 1 month after issuing, on base of not class attendance. I think it's too short time for immigration to act. Probably after issuing him visa they have matched his name with interpol notice, so they cancelled his visa and on that base issued arrest warrant.

Why, when the OP specifically states...

"he was reported by Immigration for not attending the required education classes for his visa. Chiang Rai Immigration canceled his visa on November 3rd, 2022..."?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

12 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Was he advised visa was canceled? If not then overstay would be a bogus stretch 

If he popped into the Immigration office while not attending the classes that got him the visa. I'm sure that they would have told him. Anyone who does not stick to the requirements for a visa to remain valid would obviously know the risk that they were taking and, therefore, visa cancellation and overstay would not be "a bogus stretch"!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

but you're only supposed to use those for certain very serious offences ...

Extradition is ... not supposed to be used for minor crimes.

Says who?   Not Interpol, that's for sure.  If a warrant has been issued a Notice can be requested, if Interpol don't like the request they can deny it.

6 hours ago, sambum said:

"Lets look into 'red notices', what they are and under which circumstances that they are normally used"

And let's look into how successful "red notices" have been in apprehending "Boss" shall we!

Interpol Notices are advices/requests to member police forces, none of them are obligated to take any notice of them if they don't want to.

4 hours ago, connda said:

No one can find a Thai Billionaire heir who killed and Thai police while under the influence of a drug?

How's that work?

Who said that they can't find him?  Finding out where he is isn't the problem.  He's not wanted in any country except Thailand and the RTP's jurisdiction ends at the Thai borders, that's how it works

2 hours ago, vangrop said:

The issue here is that a 37 year old body builder doesn't really match with a standard students profile.

No, that is not the issue, no one applying for an ED visa has to "match a standard student profile", they just have to be enrolled in a school.   Go to a Thai language class and see.

17 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I suspect the guys tats were a magnet, they are often a sign of gang membership in Asia.

so every Asian I see with a tattoo is in a gang? 

with that said, I guess out of all the gangs I like the bar girl gangs the best they are always fun!

Edited by ericthai
spelling
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why do all of these overstayers need to make news, especially all of a sudden, is this really news, hard core criminals are they.

How about some news about crimes Thai's are committing, or is that something we don't want to show, they can include corrupt politician's, police, immigration officers and just plain Thai citizens for all I care.

Not Thai bashing, but something relevant in news would be good, as I never heard of overstayers making the news back in my country.

you really want Asennow to have all the news about Thais breaking the law? 

There is plenty of news about Thais, just watch the evening Thai news.  Come on guys this not a news outlet for what Thais are doing. This is an information/ news outlet for expats wanting information pertaining to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because there's been a very well publicised crackdown lasting from Dec 1st until today.  It's been reported many times here and in the English language press.

Yes, I know that - the point I am making is WHY is there a big crackdown on overstayers when in my opinion there are far bigger fish to catch - and has been for a long time, but as I've said before, that might present an element of danger, so .....................!

P.S. Your no of posts on this thread is frightening! Are you trying to break some kind of record by Xmas? ???? 

Edited by sambum

13 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Was he advised visa was canceled? If not then overstay would be a bogus stretch 

it was canceled because he didn't attend class,  so it's his actions that caused this. Weather he was aware the visa was cancelled or not is irrelevant because he wasn't meeting the conditions of the visa. Same if you have a visa for marriage you get divorced your visa is cancelled. Don't know where it says you have to be aware the visa is cancelled for you to be on overstay!

Just because you break a law that you may not be aware of it doesn't give you freedom to do so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sambum said:

"Do you think overstay is OK? Are you saying that ll this time you have been on overstay?"

Are you being deliberately obtuse/argumentative by ignoring my answers and asking the same questions again?

I think we have nothing more to discuss - Bye bye.

Before you go just read your answers and check you "visa" - no need to reply - I already know.

9 hours ago, ericthai said:

it was canceled because he didn't attend class,  so it's his actions that caused this. Weather he was aware the visa was cancelled or not is irrelevant because he wasn't meeting the conditions of the visa. Same if you have a visa for marriage you get divorced your visa is cancelled. Don't know where it says you have to be aware the visa is cancelled for you to be on overstay!

Just because you break a law that you may not be aware of it doesn't give you freedom to do so.

Agree … … 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Oh dear. The Thai Rath News Show every night, serves up plenty of:

1. Overloaded pickup blows out tires.

2. Yaba loaded pickup driver plows into roadside vendors.

3. Yaba/drunken teens on motorbikes battle it out in the streets.

4. Perverted taxi driver makes advances toward passenger.

5. Jealous wife attacks mia noi.

6. Drunken govt officer "Do you know who I am?"

7. School director feeds the kids scraps and pockets the difference.

8. School director picks the best M4-M6 girls for his business or personal ventures.

9. Someone perpetrates or falls for ridiculous online scam.

10. And the all time classic, "Can I try on these 3-4 gold necklaces, I just can't decide...", then makes a break for it.

You make a fair point, but AN on a daily basis reports on foreigners doing something wrong?

15 hours ago, still kicking said:

I could name and shame a dozenth Thais and Vietnamese without a proper visa where I live in the west 

I could name and shame a dozen westerners here without the required money in the bank to obtain their annual extensions that their agents for a said 20,000 baht gets for them, but what would I achieve from that.

Let and let live, they are not criminals, they are surviving through a means of income from their countries that they couldn't afford to survive on back in their home countries through their own government failings of not looking after them, but the looking after the larger corporation who literally pay no taxes, they are the real criminals in my eyes, the politicians who accept their campaign $ to make the legislation which allowed them to avoid paying taxes that could give others a better existence in their own countries, but lets not go there as it's another story, but I think you get my drift.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

You can enter visa exempt and apply for a non-immigration type-O visa domestically, no background checks made, just you have 800k baht from abroad in a Thai bank account. After that you can repeated extend your stay for 12 month every year.

I originally came on a 1-year multiple entry non-O from my home country, and I was never asked any documentation for my criminal past – however, the Thai authorities didn't miss any exciting stories...:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm aware of this, but, in 2010, chose to get processed completely for retirement in Thailand before leaving. This class of visa required police and medical clearances. 

If my crystal ball had predicted the later advent of the corrupt insurance for

A-Os I would have done many things differently. 

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe, maybe not, I don't keep count (I leave that inane pastime to others), perhaps there are just so many posts that deserve a rational response!

Nah, you joined on 1 April 2021 (which you would probably have us think is pure coincidence!) and are well on course to break the 10,000 posts barrier by Christmas this year.

As to the "rational responses" I think that may be a stretch of the imagination in a number of cases!

Anyway, you carry on wack, and best of luck with the record!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sambum said:
On 12/11/2022 at 11:33 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe, maybe not, I don't keep count (I leave that inane pastime to others), perhaps there are just so many posts that deserve a rational response!

Nah, you joined on 1 April 2021 (which you would probably have us think is pure coincidence!) and are well on course to break the 10,000 posts barrier by Christmas this year.

And?  You're point is what? 

As I said before, it's distressingly sad that you bother to keep stats on my membership and my posts here.   Are you doing that with other members also?

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As I said before, it's distressingly sad that you bother to keep stats on my membership and my posts here.   Are you doing that with other members also?

He probably collects those picture cards too, the ones you get in boxes of PG Tips.

And if he's not keeping stats on me too, I shall feel slighted and left out.

55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I don't, but it's just that the number of your posts is very high compared to anyone else's so they do tend to stick out like the proverbial sore thumb! Especially when you're off line for a bit and come back with a "Blitz"! Sorry if that offends you - it's not meant to, I was just pointing it out!

P.S. I hope you meet your target! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

He probably collects those picture cards too, the ones you get in boxes of PG Tips.

And if he's not keeping stats on me too, I shall feel slighted and left out.

I don't, I wasn't but I will if you want me to!