Kasikorn change of address and new passport

I moved house a few years ago and didn't bother to update my address, then I got a new passport last year as well.

So Kasikorn have an incorrect / out of date passport and the wrong address for me.

I plan on going down there tomorrow and updating it all, has anyone had any experience of changing the address and passport information at kasikorn?

For example, do I need a new certificate of residence or will they just accept a copy of the rental contract?

I still live in the same street as before, but about 100 meters down the road, I doubt that will make any difference.

I did a 1 year extension last month and the new address is fully up to date with immigration and the TM30 or whatever it is they print out is in my passport from the change of address a few years back and the latest 90 day report.

For the PP take your old and new so that they can match the old one in the system to verify you are you. Re address change I doubt they require proof like immigration but you could take something that shows the new one.

Or best call 02-8888888 now (24/7 help) and get the word from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1

Just take your new passport, and bank book.  I did mine a couple of years ago with kasikorn, paperwork up the ying yang, sign here, sign there; you might want to take a packed lunch!

I can never understand why banks, immigration offices, car dealers, you name it, have to waste enough paper to destroy a forest every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is all about getting the address updated

I opened a new account with Kasikorn two weeks ago, all I gave them as “proof of address” was last month’s electricity bill (which is in my name).

I just handed them my old and new passports and wrote a new address on the list of paper, information updated, and no questions from them. I think they just don't care if you already have an account, the correctness of the address is your responsibility.

Edited by clearance
  • Like 2

I recently visited Kasikorn on Koh Samui to update passport details, telephone number, obtain a new bank book and ATM card. The only thing I didn't need to do was update my address. I did check on the address they had on their system and this was only in English language (as provided when I originally opened the account some 15 years ago).

The whole process took around 40 minutes with a mountain of photocopies to sign but was a painless experience. I took my expired passport with which I originally opened the account but they didn't require this. 

All went well at Kasikorn today.

I updated my passport number, changed my address to my current address in English and got a 3 month statement which contains the address in English - this is the document that I need to send to a foreign company.

It took a while and there were plenty of forms and photocopies of my passport id page that needed signing.

I took evidence of my current address but they didn't ask to see it but it does match the immigration documents stapled in the passport.

Last time I updated address with Kbank a few years ago was done by phone. They updated passport number too and gave me an email address to send a copy to. I've rarely ever needed and help from Kbank and their phone staff have always been very helpful.   

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Last time I updated address with Kbank a few years ago was done by phone. They updated passport number too and gave me an email address to send a copy to. I've rarely ever needed and help from Kbank and their phone staff have always been very helpful.   

Yes, I agree, they were very helpful in the branch as well.

I was in a similar situation except that the passport number Kasikorn had got for me was from two passports ago.  Nevertheless, they updated everything and the address using the current passport only.  However, as I used to use online Banking on a PC, they had to be asked to change that address, the one used for the phone app plus any others.  It seems that depending on how long you've had the account, things may be recorded elasewhere on previous systems.  At the same time, I discovered that they were now able to record lots more information as there were new fields on their screen.  I was able to add my UK address and so on.  If you run into difficulties and they try to persuade you to go back to the original branch where you opened the account, simply ask them to call the call centre.  There are also "Customer Service Captains" available if you've a thorny problem.

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I signed up for K Biz last week. Unfortunately last four digits of my phone number (to which temporary password is sent) were wrong.

I called customer support, they could confirm the wrong phone number, also that they had my correct phone number on file.

But they told me that under no circumstances are phone support allowed to edit customer information, even though she verified my identity by asking for account number, ATM card number, and my last ATM withdrawal.

Don’t know if this is new procedure since you did the change. Rather annoying, but I can sort of understand this policy, with the rise in social engineering. You don’t want to make customer service employees make the judgement call about when it is OK to update customer information.

• Thanks 1