Seventeen ancient Buddhist temples in the Deep South to be renovated next year

webfact

image.jpeg

The Thai Government has set aside 80 million baht for the renovation of seventeen 100-year-old Buddhist temples, in the restive Deep South, which have fallen into disrepair.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek, said today (Monday), that ten spiritually significant temples in Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat provinces will be renovated as the first priority, using a budget of about 63 million baht.

In the next step, seven temples and ancient sites in more remote areas of the four provinces will be renovated, using the balance of the budget.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/seventeen-ancient-buddhist-temples-in-the-deep-south-to-be-renovated-next-year/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-12-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a much better way to use the Taxpayers money than to waste it on useless temples . 

Get the lazy monks to be self sufficient like in Europe countries they have Farms ,Cattle ,make Trappist Beer etc, they don't go begging for food and Money from the people.every day.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

They can't even agree with each other and Sunnis intent on killing Shias and vice versa, the ISIS killing Taliban etc

And the Church of England Protestants killing Roman Catholics throughout the centuries.

Seventeen ancient Buddhist temples

The Thai Government has set aside 80 million baht for the renovation of seventeen 100-year-old Buddhist temples

Hardly ancient, the Krue Sae mosque in Pattani is at least 300 years old though the site dates back 500 years as a place of worship.

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And the Church of England Protestants killing Roman Catholics throughout the centuries.

For a few decades in the 16th c, interspersed with a vicious Catholic Queen burning protestants and a Catholic plot to blow up the King and parliament

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It's 2022 now

For another 18 days!    555

Same as you though, athehist through & through after a Christian upbringing teaching me right from wrong. Then I thought about it in 1963, and agreed that THEY WERE bigger than Jesus Christ! I think they renovated The Cavern.

Edited by KannikaP

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You don't think the Muslims get enough of their own way throughout the world ' playing the victim ' when it suits them and the aggressor when it doesn't?

Malay Muslims, Well Islam is the most recent religion and last to the party. It's only been going 1600 years.

I seem to recall Afghanistan was Buddhist, look at the state of it now. Lebanon was Christian, look at the place now. And we can go on and on.

India was partitioned and a country formed, Pakistan, to keep the peace with them and now they want Kashmir in its entirety as well..

I have never seen such a fanatical, misogynistic, bigoted, blinkered religion as that what exists in Islam. And I am Atheist.

We don't get this constant barrage around the world, or the constant pushing and making further demands, usually not in their country of origin but in a host country that they have emigrated to (because they hated life in their Muslim birth country) from The Buddhists, The Sikhs, The Christians or The Jews.

They can't even agree with each other and Sunnis intent on killing Shias and vice versa, the ISIS killing Taliban etc

Bingo... ????

• Thanks 1