XBB Covid Variant Spreading In India Will Soon Reach Thailand: Expert

webfact

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

Money is the ultimate instrument of power and de facto the ultimate incentive. The pharmaceutical industry pays medical journals to promote their studies and products, it pays government institutions, it pays the media, it pays everybody.

https://www.sciencealert.com/how-much-top-journal-editors-get-paid-by-big-pharma-corrupt

This Is The Sickening Amount Pharmaceutical Companies Pay Top Journal Editors

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/can-cdc-in-the-us-takings-millions-from-pharma-industry-be-unbiased/47357501

Can CDC in the US takings millions from pharma industry be unbiased?

https://www.csrxp.org/icymi-new-study-finds-big-pharma-spent-more-on-sales-and-marketing-than-rd-during-pandemic/

NEW STUDY FINDS BIG PHARMA SPENT MORE ON SALES AND MARKETING THAN R&D DURING PANDEMIC

Go and see for yourself how many TV shows feature the "brought to you by Pfizer" sponsorship slogan. Here are a few (easily verifiable):

Good Μorning America

CBS HealthWatch

Anderson Cooper 360°

ABC News Nightline

CNN Tonight

We are discussing MSM reporting, not big pharma. If the MSM was publishing fake data they would get called on it by a whistleblower. Conspiracy theories from far right websites who made an industry out of outrage don't count.

Real conspiracies involve very few people over a short period of time. Conspiracy theories are the opposite.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the concept of excess mortality. Since everyone dies, there is a fairly consistent number of deaths every year.

When the number of annual death rises significantly, scientists look for a cause. The last couple of years, there has been significant numbers of extra deaths, due to  Covid.

Covid Deniers don't worry about excess mortality, unless it is caused by immigrants in caravans, or Hunter Biden's laptop.

Wut? 

????

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

I was not referring to advertising here.

I would say the daily, unilateral and unanimous repetition of phrases such as "safe and effective" regarding a product (as well as the systematic vilifying of those who do not wish to take it) qualifies as aggressive promotion to say the least.

Show me an example of where the MSM are saying that and NOT quoting an independent scientific conclusion.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Show me an example of where the MSM are saying that and NOT quoting an independent scientific conclusion.

We're going round in circles. Did you read the article I posted above, which shows that top medical papers are paid by pharmaceutical giants?

On 12/13/2022 at 12:27 AM, nobodysfriend said:

To save the planet from it's selfish and destructive dominant species the virus needs to become much more lethal .

( I do not expect any " likes " for this )

Agreed, we are an out of control virus on planet earth at this point.

Maybe it was just testing the water before the main course...haha.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

This year, there have been 350,000 excess deaths in the US, according to OECD data. Of these, 225,000 have been attributed to Covid by the CDC.

That is, there are 125,000 excess deaths in the US not attributable to Covid in 2022 so far. I haven't seen any great urgency among scientists to look for a cause in the US, or across other countries such as Thailand, the UK, Germany and Australia where the same excess mortality is seen.

Scientists only look for a cause of annual death in certain study areas, it seems.

or, you simply have not run across studies of the other causes of excess mortality.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I can't assess any scientific data myself. I have to read expert opinions and then make a decision based on what I think is credible, bearing in mind the qualifications and experience of those experts or lack thereof.

When none of the MSM are willing to publish some data, that's a huge red flag for me. I don't buy that they are in cahoots to bury credible scientific data. That's just too far out there. They are bound by their corporate constitutions to publish stories which are truth and would make them money without exposure to lawsuits and loss of credibility like Fox is just learning about.

Your logic is that all modern pharmaceuticals are suspect because reasons, not just Covid vaccines.

I agree that Big Pharma is problematic, but not that all medicines are flawed.

18 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

No you are correct, but I think you will find by far the largest percd rage of people that die from it now are old or already ill with serious health conditions. 

I was very much worse at the beginong of the outbreak I agree.  

But I don't agree there is any need for the fear, lock downs and over the top mask wearing in all places outdoors now. 

No one outside of China is enforcing lockdowns at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Your logic is that all modern pharmaceuticals are suspect because reasons, not just Covid vaccines.

I agree that Big Pharma is problematic, but not that all medicines are flawed.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that if the vaccine deniers want to put up then let them. All they seem interested in is innuendo and conspiracy theories.

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Who is going to pay for testing required by law?

In theory, it's taxpayer-funded regulation bodies. In practice, a large chunk of the money these bodies receive comes from the companies whose products they are vetting, which is very problematic:

https://today.uconn.edu/2021/05/why-is-the-fda-funded-in-part-by-the-companies-it-regulates-2/#

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 3:47 AM, steven100 said:

Everyone should continue to take precautions and preventative measures including wearing face mask

You should have a restraining order, put on your fingers, so you can’t type such rubbish, three years later I’m still waiting for one person in our big village in NongKhai to actually die, everyone still alive !!!

On 12/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, Eleftheros said:

This year, there have been 350,000 excess deaths in the US, according to OECD data. Of these, 225,000 have been attributed to Covid by the CDC.

That is, there are 125,000 excess deaths in the US not attributable to Covid in 2022 so far. I haven't seen any great urgency among scientists to look for a cause in the US, or across other countries such as Thailand, the UK, Germany and Australia where the same excess mortality is seen.

Scientists only look for a cause of annual death in certain study areas, it seems.

A certain number of excess deaths could have been caused by people who went untreated for other diseases because the health system was overburdened by COvid, etc.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, ozimoron said:

Can you show me where the MSM "aggressively promotes" any pharmaceuticals? You seem to describing advertising. Basically you'd need to show me an infomercial which wasn't disclosed.

With all due respect from your handle I’m assuming your an Aussie. That country and its people will never be seen the same again. To have actually gone along with it all with no push back from large numbers of citizens shows us a lot about the Australians. Apart from the nursing home and health workers mandate we in the UK were free to choose and could leave the job if we choose and fight it out in court later. Lots have gone along the vaccine program but the government never said like that dog Michael Gunner “ going to work is not a reason to leave the house for the unvaccinated “  I’m assuming the non push back compliance came from a certain generation in Oz. 

Edited by Stevey
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

or, you simply have not run across studies of the other causes of excess mortality.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

I feel the fact that 65% of them have been firmly attributed to a single cause, one not normally known in the past, warrants the focus. Not pointing at the lesser number that presumably includes many natural causes, old age related aliments and yes, some from lack of treatment brought about by Covid distraction. 

2 hours ago, Stevey said:

With all due respect from your handle I’m assuming your an Aussie. That country and its people will never be seen the same again. To have actually gone along with it all with no push back from large numbers of citizens shows us a lot about the Australians. Apart from the nursing home and health workers mandate we in the UK were free to choose and could leave the job if we choose and fight it out in court later. Lots have gone along the vaccine program but the government never said like that dog Michael Gunner “ going to work is not a reason to leave the house for the unvaccinated “  I’m assuming the non push back compliance came from a certain generation in Oz. 

There was some push back but not much. They were basically howled down as Luddites. I didn't detect any generational connection, I think they divided along political and education lines.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:18 AM, ozimoron said:

We are discussing MSM reporting, not big pharma. If the MSM was publishing fake data they would get called on it by a whistleblower. Conspiracy theories from far right websites who made an industry out of outrage don't count.

Real conspiracies involve very few people over a short period of time. Conspiracy theories are the opposite.

Oh dear.

You [and most others] really don't know how these things, do ya? 

????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If XBB is indeed on its way to Thailand, sounds like we're pretty much back to square one.  This study says that the BQ and XBB variants are "barely susceptible to neutralization" by the vaccines/boosters and existing monoclonal antibody treatments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/14/covid-news-bq-xbb-omicron-subvariants-pose-serious-threat-to-boosters.html

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

If XBB is indeed on its way to Thailand, sounds like we're pretty much back to square one.  This study says that the BQ and XBB variants are "barely susceptible to neutralization" by the vaccines/boosters and existing monoclonal antibody treatments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/14/covid-news-bq-xbb-omicron-subvariants-pose-serious-threat-to-boosters.html

Yes, those 'vaccines' really are one of the Wonders of the Age we live in.

56 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

This could result in a surge of breakthrough infections and reinfections, though the vaccines have been shown to hold up against severe disease, they wrote.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This could result in a surge of breakthrough infections and reinfections, though the vaccines have been shown to hold up against severe disease, they wrote.

Which is the most important aspect of these vaccines now that Omicron and its off shoots variants have arrived. Along with t cell responses:

Cross reactive T cells hold up against Omicron

Overall, these observations could explain why vaccines or previous infection still provide robust protection against severe disease with Omicron, even when levels of neutralizing antibodies are insufficient to prevent infection, and indicate that viral evolution is not driven by T cell escape.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-022-00690-8

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1