Top things tourists like to do in Thailand

snoop1130

42 minutes ago, vangrop said:

how do you know, did you scientific research?

You can easily tell from the appearance of the premises and the clothes the girls wear and other tell tell signs like stairs leading upstairs and the girls can often be seen talking to some overweight felang back in Europe on their phones

16 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Many of the guys that show up solo want to utilize the services of prostitutes.

Just to answer you I have lived in Thailand for many years I have never been to a bar and never been with a prostitute I have been to Pattaya about 17 times never ever been to a bar yes one time at daytime it was just a tin shed whit some ugly looking girls, and no I did not come here for the temples or the dirty beaches I came here to visit friends we have cleaner and most gorgeous beaches where I live 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Many of the guys that show up solo want to utilize the services of prostitutes.

I think everyone knows that, but TAT is never going to admit it.

I used to get the magazines put out by local tourist agencies ( Pattaya, Phuket, Samui etc ) and they were all full of ads and articles about bars and massage places with claims of getting happy with the girls.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Maybe there should be a poll done to find out how many people travel to Thailand just to get masturbated ?

No need to.Just count the number of master baters on Thai visa as a percentage and should give you the same percentage overall.????

• Haha 1

As a US citizen the medical tourism is out 100% for me.  Dental is about the same with state of the art procedures in Mexico. Price wise cheaper after you factor in the travel by far.  South America about the same as Thailand IMHO price wise. But, travel time and travel expense is where it kills Thailand and SE Asia as a whole.  

Last time I was in SA for work I was surprised at the Europeans that were flooding in to take advantage of the Medical (dental, face lifts).  I would have thought that SE Asia would be their destination because of travel.  But, not the case!  

Nothing against Thailand what so ever but Medical tourism is way overrated and personally at this point just an advertising tool  (living in the past) for TOT. 

Edited by Gknrd

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Pay thousands of $ ( flights, insurance, hotels, taxis etc ) to eat Thai food when every city in western countries has Thai restaurants, pay thousands of $ to get pummeled, pay thousands of $ to sit on sand as if sand isn't closer to where they live, the last category I can agree with.

Tourists may do the above while in LOS, but do they really want to go to Thailand because of the first 3?

I was occasionally approached in Bkk by a group of young female uni students doing a survey on why tourists visited, and I would say something about beaches and temples, but I never said the real reason I visited LOS.

If you are from the US then Thailand is out for sure IMHO. I am transitioning out of Thailand now. Flights are outrageous. Won't be coming back anytime soon. Thailand is ok, But, if from the US a big pass. Unfortunately it is not looking good for Thailand in the long run. I have enjoyed my years here, but would not invest a dime here. It's not going to be pretty for the western expats in the coming years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Tourists come here because it is cheap, and that goes for almost everything.

I can find a good hotel room anywhere in Thailand for about $30 a night. In Australia, the most ordinary motel or hotel room will cost me three times that, minimum.

The same with a legit massage, less than $10 an hour here, minimum $70 in Australia.

A little bit far and an expensive flight for a night in a cheap hotel..Thailand has lost its glory it once had and it needs a lot of work to restore it, if it ever can be restored....

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is per year , if ten million tourists go to Pattaya walking street every year , why are the bars so empty ?

But didn´t you say 7 million, because I never wrote 100 %, did I? Please send me your delivery address and I will send you a calculator for Christmas. ???? 

Still wasn´t a comment that was made for analyzing the correctness. But, feel free to go on, but don´t forget to punch in the right numbers.

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

But didn´t you say 7 million, because I never wrote 100 %, did I? Please send me your delivery address and I will send you a calculator for Christmas. ???? 

I did the maths in my head 

50/60 % of 40 million tourists divided by three different places gives a rough figure of 7 million people . 

54 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

A little bit far and an expensive flight for a night in a cheap hotel..Thailand has lost its glory it once had and it needs a lot of work to restore it, if it ever can be restored....

Having trouble connecting the dots? Hint: Ask yourself what female company would cost in Australia, both in the short-term and long-term. 

Thailand gets a lot of negative stereotyping, for me it is unchanged.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Eating Thai food, Thai massage and spa treatments, going to the beach and visiting historical sites are the most popular activities among foreign tourists, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Nonsense.

It's more , getting drunk, getting a hooker, and cooling off in a 711

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did the maths in my head 

50/60 % of 40 million tourists divided by three different places gives a rough figure of 7 million people . 

Hey Dream Boy! 40 million tourists??? Have you missed the Corona virus? Need cave rescue?