Immigration officers coming and checking that I live here...

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Harassing? They are just doing their job. You are supposed to live at the address you have provided, and they might want to check that as well. They are seraching for and visiting overstayers as well. Also a part of their job description. All who have a problem with that, should find another country where they can enjoy and accept the rules and regulations.

If I have a valid visa/extension of stay, not married, living where I am registered, do my 90 day reports, why would they feel it necessary to visit me?

To be fair I have been here 20 years and they haven't!

Their job is to ensure every foreigner is in Thailand legally. if not what is their job description?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What is it you don´t understand? Do you think you can refuse to accept a visit? Some people really have a chip on their shoulder.

I understand everything that's being spoken about but thanks for asking.

What part of this don't you understand - in 20 years the only time i've had imm people to my house is when i was forced to do extensions due to covid and not able to leave the country without enduring quarantine upon return.

What makes you think that all of a sudden i'm gonna start getting visits from imm? Why would they come visit? If they did come to visit, i'd speak to them at the gate, they would not be invited on to my property, if they wanted to see PP no problem, i'd show it to them through the gate or go out to the street.

Can you understand that or too complicated for you? If too complicated i couple maybe get the village idiot to help you....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Not it's not.

What? So, it´s not their job to check if foreigners are providing them with the wrong information? Are you for real? My 3 year old daughter would understand that if I explained it to her.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I understand everything that's being spoken about but thanks for asking.

What part of this don't you understand - in 20 years the only time i've had imm people to my house is when i was forced to do extensions due to covid and not able to leave the country without enduring quarantine upon return.

What makes you think that all of a sudden i'm gonna start getting visits from imm? Why would they come visit? If they did come to visit, i'd speak to them at the gate, they would not be invited on to my property, if they wanted to see PP no problem, i'd show it to them through the gate or go out to the street.

Can you understand that or too complicated for you? If too complicated i couple maybe get the village idiot to help you....

First, when have I said that you suddenly are going to get visits? What I posted was that you can not refuse a visit. Please point that out. Looks like you still the one who do not understand.

Second, If they want to enter your property, you can not stop them.

Third: oh, so you are telling me to ask you. Ok, what more is it you don´t understand?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You cannot stop them,  because they are many and you are alone. 

It would probably illegal if they force you to let them on your property.

I have heard sometimes illegal things happen in Thailand,  but I can't really believe it

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My understanding is that home visit for extensions based on marriage is more about showing marriage is genuine.

Hence the neighbors and even sometimes pictures inside the home.

This is also reflected in all the extra requirements that marriage has over retirement. 

Don't follow the home visit for visa/extensions based on retirement.

They already would have a TM30 and perhaps a TM47 or lease.

What's the purpose of home visit. 

They have everything already since I took all with me to the application at CW not even 2 weeks ago, of course including TM30 and lease contract and ID of the owner and so on.

But when the 2 officers visited they asked for and checked and photographed all the documents again. So maybe it's supposed to be cross-checking on the IO at CW, that they did everything correctly? Also they took a photo of me holding the passport and the bankbook with the 800k amount clearly shown, which was very important for them: that the 800k is visible. Since at first apparently one of my fingers was in the way, so they told me to move it and took another photo.

I don't know how the agents who promise you don't need the 800k, do it, but I guess they don't supply you with a passbook in your name and 800k on it ???? So the immigration officers would then see there's a discrepancy.

19 minutes ago, al valio said:

They have everything already since I took all with me to the application at CW not even 2 weeks ago, of course including TM30 and lease contract and ID of the owner and so on.

But when the 2 officers visited they asked for and checked and photographed all the documents again. So maybe it's supposed to be cross-checking on the IO at CW, that they did everything correctly? Also they took a photo of me holding the passport and the bankbook with the 800k amount clearly shown, which was very important for them: that the 800k is visible. Since at first apparently one of my fingers was in the way, so they told me to move it and took another photo.

I don't know how the agents who promise you don't need the 800k, do it, but I guess they don't supply you with a passbook in your name and 800k on it ???? So the immigration officers would then see there's a discrepancy.

Extremely interesting report.

Thanks for sharing 

Almost cannot believe the rubbish Thai gestapo immigration police are coming up with.

However nothing ceases to amaze. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FACT:

If Immigration officers get an order to visit your home, they will whether you like it or not. It does not matter one iota if you care to say they are not welcome, those are pointless comments, Immigration do not give a damn about your sensitivities.

I personally do not care if they visit me or not. They have been once in the last ten tears for a retirement extension based on a Non -O. Yes, they took photos, asked questions, complimented us on a nice house, had a couple of cans of Diet soda and left.

I am not big on civil liberties etc I prefer those in charge to keep communities safe, of course up  ' in the sticks '; they have their work cut out slightly more with the low educational standards and it being a bit lawless.

• Haha 1

It would not bother me if my government implanted ' chips ' in my arm to track my movements, I am a believer ' if you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide '

However, to accept such a scheme, I would want it MADE COMPULSORY that all officers of law and order to be equipped with body cams and record any meetings or stops or checks.

Any excuse that the body-cam was not working would render any stop unlawful and any evidence found inadmissible to protect the citizen and ensure equality for everybody under the law..

I am probably dreaming but feel it would stop a lot of those screaming out about Race discrimination, saying they were being singled out, catching gun and knife crimes, catching drug dealers and others that are intent on breaking the law.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

First, when have I said that you suddenly are going to get visits? What I posted was that you can not refuse a visit. Please point that out. Looks like you still the one who do not understand.

Third: oh, so you are telling me to ask you. Ok, what more is it you don´t understand?

Yes you can stop them entering your property unless they have a court order or very strong grounds to believe there is a crime being committed.

This is why they usually hang around in an outside space unless invited it.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes you can stop them entering your property unless they have a court order or very strong grounds to believe there is a crime being committed.

This is why they usually hang around in an outside space unless invited it.

Wishful thinking. However, it´s almost Christmas, so I will let it pass. Applying working European or US laws in Thailand. You know, even if it stands in the law, it´s just not going to work that way in reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Wishful thinking. However, it´s almost Christmas, so I will let it pass. Applying working European or US laws in Thailand. You know, even if it stands in the law, it´s just not going to work that way in reality.

Sure, stand your ground and see how easily your next extension will  be processed, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, al valio said:

If you use agents, you don't get a visit?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Why, are they you friends? Are you looking to play the 'big man' by saying you've imm friends?

I can't stand these people, they're super rude at their offices why would i suck up to them if they decide to visit, i'd be equally as rude. 

Certainly not in my experience at Mae Sot, Nakhon Sawan and now Kamphaeng Phet.

But then again most IOs are the same but differ slightly.

From what I have read of your posts in this thread I suspect that you have an attitude problem.

They have a job to do and if you think that giving them a hard time is good, then remember that the harder that you make their life, they can make your life far harder.

But it is your call, and your problem, not mine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2022 at 2:15 PM, billd766 said:

From what I have read of your posts in this thread I suspect that you have an attitude problem.

What part of my post suggests this?

They have a job to do and if you think that giving them a hard time is good, then remember that the harder that you make their life, they can make your life far harder.

Where does my post say i give them a hard time?i only say i hate dealing with them.

But it is your call, and your problem, not mine

I have no problem now that i don't need to deal with them. Going to Savankhet suits me better.

Thanks for your concern tho - merry xmas.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

What part of my post suggests this?

Where does my post say i give them a hard time?i only say i hate dealing with them.

I have no problem now that i don't need to deal with them. Going to Savankhet suits me better.

Thanks for your concern tho - merry xmas.

Perhaps this may refresh your memory.

On 12/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, PJ71 said:

Why, are they you friends? Are you looking to play the 'big man' by saying you've imm friends?

I can't stand these people, they're super rude at their offices why would i suck up to them if they decide to visit, i'd be equally as rude. 

Since 1993 when I first came to Thailand on business I have only had one IO be rude to me.

That includes the one stop place in Bangkok, Suan Phlu in Bangkok which was very over crowded and the IO's got a lot of hassle, Mae Sot, Nakhon Sawan and Kamphaeng Phet over a 29 year period.

I don't have to play the "big man" to show people how smart and clever I am, nor do I have to play the big mouth which is what you are and how you act.

Yes I have a friend at Kamphaeng Phet IO and no, I don't go shouting about it as I have no need to.

You and I have different attitudes to life and mine is the easier path to follow.

What you call sucking up, I call politeness and good manners, which is something that my parents taught me decades ago.

It is also something that it is never to late to learn.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps this may refresh your memory.

Since 1993 when I first came to Thailand on business I have only had one IO be rude to me.

That includes the one stop place in Bangkok, Suan Phlu in Bangkok which was very over crowded and the IO's got a lot of hassle, Mae Sot, Nakhon Sawan and Kamphaeng Phet over a 29 year period.

I don't have to play the "big man" to show people how smart and clever I am, nor do I have to play the big mouth which is what you are and how you act.

Yes I have a friend at Kamphaeng Phet IO and no, I don't go shouting about it as I have no need to.

You and I have different attitudes to life and mine is the easier path to follow.

What you call sucking up, I call politeness and good manners, which is something that my parents taught me decades ago.

It is also something that it is never to late to learn.

Over my 23 years here i've grown a massive dislike for these people, i stand by my comments.

I have no friends at immigration nor do i want any.

Horses for courses - merry xmas.

• Like 2