Is it really possible to be here with 6 years overstay

9 hours ago, Marsupienemi said:

Ok that's what I guessed. Actually, I don't do exactly the same thing but it's pretty close. Let's say we are internet professionals.
The way I see things evolving I think Freelancers will only survive by teaming up and bringing in different skills. But if you want to try to keep all your skills up to date (I've done that for years) it's no longer possible or at best burn out awaits you or at worst a stroke. Everything has become far too technical and/or complex.
And then you have to juggle changes in algorithms, learn advertising on the web which includes a lot of sub-domains as well as technical developments which sometimes are to your advantage, sometimes not. And in addition, many jobs that paid well, such as translations, no longer present any interest because the prices have fallen too much. I also do voice-overs, it still pays very well, but I can't say what the situation will be in barely 2 years.
Even in your situation, there are precarious things.
How are you going to do SEO with Google, which announced a few months ago that there were too many sites and pages indexed and that very soon the robots will only read certain pages of a site (and at the moment it seems it will be up to his free will). I think you can already see the impact it will have on SEO and therefore the income of many sites. How are you going to advise your clients under these conditions?
I give you another example: Have you tried sites that offer text writing using machine learning and AI. It's simply stunning. But what future for copyrighters? The other day I made a request: Write me a sales pitch for the sE Electronics Neom USB microphone. You can add the keywords you need, define the number of words, you also have options like continuing a text, rewriting a paragraph etc. If you have never done any tests, I recommend the ChatGPT site, but there are others and look for the video on YouTube entitled: The Google Killer? ChatGPT Will Change SEO!
But go talk about all this to a petrochemical engineer who has just lost his job. There is work but the vast majority do not know how to search effectively and fall back on slavery 2.0 platforms such as upwork. All these platforms are completely saturated and you won't get a job but a depression!

You could have done a sum up! Seems your field is SEO. Then you could have said you find it difficult to keep up with helpful content updates and the Span Brain AI update. To me it seems you are suffering from great fall in traffic due to buying to many obvious links. I do not have that problem. Guess I am a little bit smarter than that. ???? 

10 hours ago, proton said:

If your extension is from an office in a province you do not live in then it is 100% illegal. If you live in, lets say  Bangkok, and the agent had to get the extension from a province up country, that is not a legal process. When they have to do this it is due to having no corrupt IO contacts where you live. 

That I agree with

8 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Depends on which service the agent provided. If you satisfy the extension requirements and the agent just helped you to complete the documents, then it's legal.

If you don't satisfy the requirements and the agent forged documents, bribed the IO etc, then it's obviously illegal.

The agent does not forge any documents where did you get that from. They do provide the 800k funds agreed and the head officer in immigration agrees to waive the time the funds needs to be in your account. His signature and the extension stamp are all perfectly legal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jimn said:

The agent does not forge any documents where did you get that from. They do provide the 800k funds agreed and the head officer in immigration agrees to waive the time the funds needs to be in your account. His signature and the extension stamp are all perfectly legal.

That's the story that agents tell you in order to calm their clients.

The reality is that the agent forges the banking documents, and the IO signs them off for a bribe.

If <deleted> should ever hit the fan, the IO will claim that you personally submitted these forged documents, he didn't spot that they were fake, and he has never seen any agent.

We have also seen evidence for this here on aseannow, due to small annotations next to extension stamps. Not all immigration offices do these annotations though.

The annotation is the number according to document 12 posted in this topic: https://aseannow.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

If you got a retirement extension through an agent (the agent provided the money), and the extension stamp does have a small annotation stating "2.22" next to it, this means the agent used forged documents, because according to the stamp you fulfilled the requirements, including having the money seasoned.

If an IO would waive any requirements, the extension would be issued under section 5, so if your extension has a small annotation next to it, it should say "5".

Here a random Google picture, showing the "2.22" annotation, indicating that the applicant fulfilled all the requirements and nothing was waived:

retirement-visa-thailand.jpg

Edited by FriendlyFarang

1 minute ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The reality is that the agent forges the banking documents, and the IO signs them off for a bribe.

If <deleted> should ever hit the fan, the IO will claim that you personally submitted these forged documents, he didn't spot that they were fake, and he has never seen any agent.

We have also seen evidence for this here on aseannow, due to small annotations next to extension stamps. Not all immigration offices do these annotations though.

The annotation is the number according to document 12 posted in this topic: https://aseannow.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

If you got a retirement extension through an agent (the agent provided the money), and the extension stamp does have a small annotation stating "2.22" next to it, this means the agent used forged documents, because according to the stamp you fulfilled the requirements, including having the money seasoned.

If an IO would waive any requirements, the extension would be issued under section 5, so if your extension has a small annotation next to it, it should say "5".

The agents put the money into your bank account , so they are genuine banking documents and the I.O may be lenient with the amount of time the money has been in the bank  , he may sign it off if the money hasn't been in the account for the normal required time 

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thailand is not interested in foreigners with no money.

And IMHO that is fair enough. Many (all?) countries are not interested to have lots of foreign people in their country who are poor. And voters don't want to pay for those poor foreigners.

Lots of people understand this point from their home countries. No, we don't want those financial migrants.

But then the same people, living in Thailand, complain that Thailand has similar rules.

We are all foreigners in most countries in this world. That shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm not sure that this government really has clear ideas about what they expect from foreigners.
The elites (who frankly hate us) would dream of Thailand becoming like Singapore, but it's a sweet dream. They are light years away from reaching their ankle.
Tourism and immigration policy is like dancing the Samba: One step forward, 2 steps back.
We must take into account the global situation, which is far from being good and I doubt that it will improve with the consequences of the war in Ukraine and the bill that we will have to pay because of the Covid . Because, don't fool yourself. we are the ones who will pay the bill in a  way or another.
What must be taken into account are the vagaries of life. A person can have temporary difficulties, I think it has happened to all of us for different reasons.
If you work for a company that suddenly decides to close its offices in Thailand and to set up in Somalia to save money, you'll find yourself out of work, probably having some difficulty in finding a new one quickly, but that doesn't matter. you are not a pariah who must be chased away without delay.
And then if take a close look at the minimum wage for a foreigner which is 50,000thb per month, even if you manage to survive for a while by doing odd jobs on the internet, you may not be able to afford a visa (our main topic), but this income will remain above the majority of Thais, especially if you convert $ into THB
The situation in developed countries is different:
  In many countries, an immigration of workers has been set up to modernize the countries (to redo the roads, to create cities etc). This is also what happens here with Cambodian or Burmese workers.
But in the developed countries, these workers now enjoy the same rights as the locals and the problem is that we are in the 3rd generation, that the vast majority is an under-qualified population while the factories are closing and are relocated or products purchased in China. This creates unemployment that is very difficult to absorb.
Here the rights of foreigners ... I will not expand on the subject but anyway we are not allowed to access plenty of jobs which are for Thais only. 
The current government likes to stick out its chest and suggest that they can very easily do without us. But this is false. Firstly because we consume more than the Thais (apart from those who are over-indebted) and then because many who are married with children must also provide for the needs of the family in the very broad sense when it is not the whole village. By changing our currencies into THB, we create money which is very good for the economy.
It's like quality tourism. It makes me laugh a lot. So ok, now no more backpackers or farang kii niao (stingy) or Kii Nok (white trash). And what do you do with all your low-cost bungalows, your little restaurants at 4Othb a dish? You expropriate everyone to build luxurious residences and Blue Elephant restaurants on every street corner?
As soon as the government sees the planes filling up, these speeches come out. But looking at the global economic situation, I doubt those planes will be full for very long. And it's not the Chinese who 1/ make organized trips and spend almost nothing on the spot and 2/ Also enter into a happy economic crisis and it's not tomorrow that they will come to replace us as they liked to proclaim it loudly and strong before the Covid crisis.
Finally, if they kick out the foreigners who live there at the slightest financial concern, I wonder if the government will increase the salaries of all the employees who significantly increase their monthly incomes from the (very) lucrative racket organized against us. Starting with the immigration office in Changwattana ! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Go on then, give some detail to back that claim that you have been refused emergency care when taken to hospital emergency rooms "lots of times".

I didn't say that i myself have been refused emergency care lots of times. 

I think my post was detailed enough. 

And before you say it's hear-say: no, it's not

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

You could have done a sum up! Seems your field is SEO. Then you could have said you find it difficult to keep up with helpful content updates and the Span Brain AI update. To me it seems you are suffering from great fall in traffic due to buying to many obvious links. I do not have that problem. Guess I am a little bit smarter than that. ???? 

lol bad news, you are very bad at guessing.
My field is definitely not SEO and it's the task I hate the most. I am not suffering from anything because for the past 3 years I receive incomes from smart advertising that I buy, promoting highly profitable smart affiliates products. And by the way, I absolutely never bought any backlink in my life because I know how to rank a website in 2 days on the first page of google (but it's only based on the url, I am not Harry Potter, the exact place will depend on the SEO difficulty of the keywords that you choose). 
"Then you could have said you find it difficult to keep up with helpful content updates and the Span Brain AI update", I should have developed even more. My point was to say that your job of copywriter might disappear sooner or later. 
Guess what? you definitely still have a lot to learn. 
How many hours per week did you say you are working? I work 3h per week on these affiliate products, which leaves me plenty of time to develop a deep knowledge of all the process to get a pro result when recording from home as I am also a voice-over actor : Building a booth, sound proofing a room, choosing the devices matching with your environment as well as the sound engineer job to understanding and using wisely all the effects like compression, EQ, noise reduction...
The main change in my life after investing a huge amount of time, working 7/7 with no holidays to develop many different skills is that now I have the luxury to do what I want and I only do things I like because I don't have to worry about money. But to replace this in this topic, the difference between you and me, is that I don't state on a public forum that people who don't reach my level are idiots. I am humble and I don't judge others regarding my situation. But it seems you are still too young to understand it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Marsupienemi said:

lol bad news, you are very bad at guessing.
My field is definitely not SEO and it's the task I hate the most. I am not suffering from anything because for the past 3 years I receive incomes from smart advertising that I buy, promoting highly profitable smart affiliates products. And by the way, I absolutely never bought any backlink in my life because I know how to rank a website in 2 days on the first page of google (but it's only based on the url, I am not Harry Potter, the exact place will depend on the SEO difficulty of the keywords that you choose). 
"Then you could have said you find it difficult to keep up with helpful content updates and the Span Brain AI update", I should have developed even more. My point was to say that your job of copywriter might disappear sooner or later. 
Guess what? you definitely still have a lot to learn. 
How many hours per week did you say you are working? I work 3h per week on these affiliate products, which leaves me plenty of time to develop a deep knowledge of all the process to get a pro result when recording from home as I am also a voice-over actor : Building a booth, sound proofing a room, choosing the devices matching with your environment as well as the sound engineer job to understanding and using wisely all the effects like compression, EQ, noise reduction...
The main change in my life after investing a huge amount of time, working 7/7 with no holidays to develop many different skills is that now I have the luxury to do what I want and I only do things I like because I don't have to worry about money. But to replace this in this topic, the difference between you and me, is that I don't state on a public forum that people who don't reach my level are idiots. I am humble and I don't judge others regarding my situation. But it seems you are still too young to understand it. 

Just stop lie to yourself, please. It´s hurting my stomach after too much laughing

Edited by Gottfrid

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Here a random Google picture, showing the "2.22" annotation, indicating that the applicant fulfilled all the requirements and nothing was waived:

retirement-visa-thailand.jpg

My extension stamp via Jomtien is exactly as it was when I was doing it myself, now via an agent. Granted my agent puts 800k in and out of my account within 15 mins. There is no forging of docs only photcopying of the 800k in the bank book. Its all above board and the are many agents doing it in Pattaya. The banks are even geared up for it. Various agents have arrangements with particular bank branches. Just see the queue outside the Bangkok Bank on Jomtien 2nd road. The branch was opened here because its around the corner from immigration. The office runs on agents doing extensions for people. They go in via the side entrance and walk right up to the desk and give the IO the docs. Its a well oiled machine. I agree any extensions obtained away from the area from somewhere up north are dodgy. If you think this is going to stop then you are mistaken. 50% of expats or more would leave if this was stopped.

Edited by jimn
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have no definite knowledge on this specifically but, in general, I do not expect a citizen's country's officials to do anything to enforce the laws of another country without that country's request (and, only then, if there are friendly relations between them). It is certainly possible that my country's embassy has an agreement with the Thai government to assist in enforcing its immigration laws, but I have never actually seen any evidence of this. In general, the consular officials simply say that they cannot interfere in the legal affairs of another country. My guess would be that they would provide a new replacement passport and, if they notice you are on overstay, advise you to leave.

well i think i understand what you are saying.

but i just cannot understand how an embassy willingly help to someone not legally staying here. This is not about the other country immigration law. its like.. you are helping a criminal. in my opinion to get a service from embassy, you need to show or prove that you are here legally and have the rights to do things. 

joining what you are saying.. if i were the embassy stuff.. i would not accept the passport and tell him to go to the proper place to fix the issue then i can help. if he feels he cannot fix it, as my duty i would offer him what he can do in this situation. but when im aware hes not legally in thailand and i will do some official things with him.. nope, i would do anything. 

actually you know what i would call the immigration and send a car to the embassy because i just caught someone over staying. i think its part of my duty. i have seen on youtube that the UK embassy calling cops on people who are giving fake documents. so whats the difference here?! 

4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

but i just cannot understand how an embassy willingly help to someone not legally staying here

The passport provided is absolutely not helping anyone to stay here. I believe it's an obligation to deliver a proof of Identity. 

6 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

you are helping a criminal

Nope, someone on overstay is not a criminal. A murderer, rapist, pedophile, thief, dealer...is a criminal. It is important to make this difference.

10 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i have seen on youtube that the UK embassy calling cops on people who are giving fake documents. so whats the difference here?! 

This is a crime. I told a friend once who was proud to say that he bought his driving license in Kao San that he was making a huge mistake. Using fake official documents is a severe crime. 

If a person overstaying has the right contacts or knows people who will be able to point them out to him, if he solves his money problems, he can solve this problem too. And that is not the problem of an embassy. On the other hand, if the guy is caught with no ID proof it becomes a problem because the Thai authorities won't know where to send him back if he refuse to tell his country of origin (but from what I heard, with boiling water on your legs, you are answering all the questions very quickly ????)

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

i have seen on youtube that the UK embassy calling cops on people who are giving fake documents. so whats the difference here?! 

I do think there is the difference between someone trying to break UK laws at the British embassy, and someone who you notice is not in compliance with Thai law. I am not saying you are wrong. I just do not believe that most shopkeepers would refuse to sell you something because they noticed you were on overstay, and I do not believe most consular officials would refuse a passport application if you met the published requirements for one. There might be some officials who would shop you to the Thai authorities, but that is a separate issue from whether they would issue you a passport to potentially leave Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

but i just cannot understand how an embassy willingly help to someone not legally staying here. This is not about the other country immigration law. its like.. you are helping a criminal. in my opinion to get a service from embassy, you need to show or prove that you are here legally and have the rights to do things. 

joining what you are saying.. if i were the embassy stuff.. i would not accept the passport and tell him to go to the proper place to fix the issue then i can help. if he feels he cannot fix it, as my duty i would offer him what he can do in this situation. but when im aware hes not legally in thailand and i will do some official things with him.. nope, i would do anything. 

actually you know what i would call the immigration and send a car to the embassy because i just caught someone over staying. i think its part of my duty. i have seen on youtube that the UK embassy calling cops on people who are giving fake documents. so whats the difference here?! 

The British Embassy are there to assist British Citizens , they aren't there to assist Thai immigration .

Fake documents are illegal documents , Passports are not illegal documents  even with an outdated permission to stay, the passport is still a legal document 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marsupienemi said:

how much are you ready to bet ?
(the amount must be pretty high because it's not the kind of info you share)

Just go rank you pages now, and stop joking. You do realize, when you say that SEO is not your major field, and at that same time say you can top-rank a page in only days. That is a contradiction of enormous proportions. ????

However, I will leave you with the clown story. This is about an article of overstay, and we got far from the topic. 

8 hours ago, Marsupienemi said:

Typical answer of a perfect idiot. 
All the message you wrote are showing it. You are defined with the expression "me, myself and I" thinking that you have all the knowledge and you have nothing to learn from anyone. 
So, stay on your pedestal, I have nothing to prove to a guy not even able to make the difference between a crime and a violation of the law. 
The day you will fall down from that pedestal, I advise you to put your brain in a pawnshop with a note : Like new, hardly used

Oh, I have much to learn. Just not from you, as you are dreaming on fluffy clouds. Means a higher fall, than from the pedestal. Also means, I will recover, but the one who falls from a cloud might hit the ground to hard.

Back to the crime, and violation of the law. I guess that is something you took with you from the US, as you are talking misdemeanor vs felony. Try looking at it the Thai way, as that is where you are and where it happens. Good Luck!

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

If a foreign embassy refuses to renew an overstayer's passport, they effectively take away that overstayer's ability to resolve the situation by themselves, as Thai immigration won't let them fly out on an expired passport.

So they know that this overstayer will eventually become THEIR problem, as they'll have to go to the IDC to process the passport renewal and might even need to assist with the deportation procedure that could have been avoided otherwise.

Clearly, an embassy has no interest in any of this. As long as you aren't wanted in your home country, they have no reason to care about the Thai overstay and prefer you deal with it yourself. 

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 8:18 PM, owl sees all said:

Well I must have slipped through the net. No passport for me. I didn't take it to the bank. I couldn't, I don't have it.

What you don't have a passport?
Anyway I was referring to the pink ID card and driving license, you need a valid passport and visa to obtain said items and also to renew said items.

28 minutes ago, Cardano said:

What you don't have a passport?
Anyway I was referring to the pink ID card and driving license, you need a valid passport and visa to obtain said items and also to renew said items.

As I said. I must have slipped through the net.

I did NOT take my passport to the bank to get my ATM card.

Edited by owl sees all

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Back to the crime, and violation of the law. I guess that is something you took with you from the US, as you are talking misdemeanor vs felony. Try looking at it the Thai way, as that is where you are and where it happens. Good Luck!

1. I'm definitely not American, not even native English Speaker
2. You say that you will denounce a person in overstay in the same way as a murderer, rapist..
3. I'm trying to explain to you that you can't compare the 2
4. Now you just tell me to watch from the Thai point of view, which has nothing to do with your position, but I'm going to do it anyway:
A murderer, rapist, pedophile, thief... will be sentenced to prison.
A person in overstay will be sentenced to pay a fine and then sent back to his country of origin with a 10-year blacklisting. At no time will he be sentenced to imprisonment. On the other hand, if he cannot pay the fine, he will have to stay in deportation until he can pay, knowing that the amount will increase every day because there is no free accommodation and free lunch ( I met an Irishman who happened to in other circumstances: He got caught in a school without a work visa. He didn't have the money to pay and neither the agency for which he worked nor the school wanted to help him, he spent 3 months in prison).

It is you who has a problem of graduation between offenses and crimes. Neither me, nor the other people who answered you, because shocked by your position, nor the Thais.

Enjoy your weed Bob