Thai doctor says Indian Covid strains on radar as deaths spike in Thailand

webfact

I would like to know the official designation of this variant of COVID.

It sounds more lethal than the Omicron variant.  For Dec 19 2022 I seen a report of 6,666,232

COVID deaths, although I believe that many more people have died than one of the official

lists of COVID deaths.

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but if this figure does not equal or go above daily road deaths then its a bit of a non story for me

I disagree.  Depends how they die, yes?  107 deaths a no story to you because you are probably not old with a preexisting condition.   What if 50 falangs die at a bar over a few days (keep it under you 15 die a day tolerance)?  Oh, non story?  Or 100 falangs die at a massage shop?  Non story?  Or 106 falangs crushed by elephants.  Or 101 falangs die from eating farang food?    Non story?

Oh, this alien from Mars only killed 14 today, no worries…….maybe 2 billion tomorrow!    Lol

12 hours ago, Sharp said:

Age, Co morbidity please for context 

Why?
Comorbidities increase risk,

old age increases risk,

lack of vaccinations increases risk,

lack of mask wearing increases risk,

being with other people increases risk,

catching COVID increases risk

Regrettably the level of intelligence has not been studied to evaluate if it increases risk, though it is very likely that the support of the orange buffoon will be shown to increase risk, due to the fact that mask deniers, vaccine deniers, fake treatment supporters, believers in fake theories of election misconduct are all over represented (or even exclusively) buffoon supporters .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1