New street food centre in Pattaya soon.

ozimoron

This is about 300 metres behind Central Marina on a wide boulevarde. I don't know the name of the street. I see there's also an Indian veg. restaurant at one end open till 10 which is good because the Thail restaurants around this district don't have much in the way of veg. It advertises a buffet for 200 baht.

20221220_113805.jpg

20221220_113727.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Could be temporary. There used to be one put up in the Avenue at holiday periods.

The shelters have been there for a week. There is also electrical infrastructure and fixed signage that looks sort of permanent. There is a huge vacant lot between there and Central Marina which has been newly cleared.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The shelters have been there for a week. There is also electrical infrastructure and fixed signage that looks sort of permanent. There is a huge vacant lot between there and Central Marina which has been newly cleared.

It will be interesting to see what is built on that newly cleared lot.  You're right, it's huge.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Doesn't mean a great deal. My friend had a bar next to the Police station on beach road, that got cleared to make way for Central. He moved into a new bar complex that had been built on 2nd road. A year later that was demolished and he got divorced.

Things go up and down here quicker than the proverbial.

• Like 1

I think the land belongs/belonged to the police (no links, sorry). This is similar to the set up on Soi Excite and I think it will be mostly frequented by East Asians. A lot of Koreans used to stay round that area pre-Covid.

It has been about 6 months in the making so not intended to be temporary.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2