successful retirement visa at CW with a warning

14 minutes ago, khunken said:

No, next time I'll get the letter the day before from my local branch.

Unless there has been a change believe CW requires letter be same day (as they have most banks on site).  Bank statements do not have that restriction.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, khunken said:

I successfully received my visa extension at Chaeng Wattana yesterday, based on B800k method.

Bank statements required or photocopies of bank book pages accepted? 

Did you make small deposit at the same time as obtaining bank letter to show activity and update? 

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Bank statements required or photocopies of bank book pages accepted? 

Did you make small deposit at the same time as obtaining bank letter to show activity and update? 

Photocopies of passbook used and no deposit made. In previous years, I've obtained the bank letter on the previous day and then made an ATM withdrawal on the application day. I don't know if this still works.

1 minute ago, khunken said:

Photocopies of passbook used and no deposit made. In previous years, I've obtained the bank letter on the previous day and then made an ATM withdrawal on the application day. I don't know if this still works.

That will work.

CW accepts bank letter day or two prior to application (should be 7 but I wouldn't try that) .

I asked about photocopies of bank book pages being accepted as recently in Nov my io wanted bank statements. 

She was young and incorrect.

Had to deal with supervisor and even then made to make note on my paperwork that next time I would provide bank statements.

Immigration needs a serious "change management" overhaul.

Living in the dark ages. 

3 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

IO told me the bank letter can be up to 7 days, with passbook update on the day of application.

Thanks = guess was thinking of the passbook update - sorry for the memory lapse and causing anyone concerns.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, nosmo49 said:

Wouldn't it be great if ALL Immigration centres had the same rules.

I know. I don't have to do this yet but you would think even quarterly meetings with heads of immigration all on the same page with same requirements would be in place by now.  I feel sorry for the guys who just simply move a couple hundred kilometers and then they get asked for completely different things. You guys should get together and write some letters and stir up the pot. Get the letters in Thai and stop being so complacent. No one is doing you a favor rules should be EXACT everywhere. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Unless there has been a change believe CW requires letter be same day (as they have most banks on site).  Bank statements do not have that restriction.

I have always used day before and SCB no longer has a branch there. I have always understood passbook must be updated ON THE DAY and confirming bank letter day before OK

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Don't all offices have the same Rules?  Isn't  it up go the officers to apply them different That's how I understood the rules . 

Won't list the variations (too many) 

For extensions some require bank statements some accept bank book pages.

Some want a hand drawn map.

Jomtien had a stupid report back for money in bank method. etc etc

List of requirements varies from office to office. 

Ridiculous. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, khunken said:

No, next time I'll get the letter the day before from my local branch.

Samui Immigration refused to process the renewal because the bank documentation had been done the previous day.  We had to go back to the bank and make a deposit to prove........God know what?  Samui Immigration are always exceptionally picky and always find a "new rule" which my Thai Wife and I suspect is a ploy to "under the counter payment from us".  But we refuse to fall for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ridiculous. 

Yes that's what I mean the rules are There for all centers.

The officers don't apply them same  .We had different (new) officers. apply them differently in same office. 

That's what the officer in charge told me that the rules were all same ,they  are made in Bangkok.

Edited by digger70

44 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I have always used day before and SCB no longer has a branch there. I have always understood passbook must be updated ON THE DAY and confirming bank letter day before OK

Yes I was wrong as noted above - sorry.

• Like 1

Funny thing re bank … website states what is needed to open account.. but the branch has added requirements. Called the headquarters from the bank and was told branches have the discretion to have additional requirements…. Go figure TIT 

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ridiculous. 

They are interpreted differently. Do you think at Jomitien there is a book of set rules and at CW there is a different book of rules?  This is what is misleading in your answer. You are helpful but I think there are set rules that are misinterpreted or just made up office by office and officer by officer. 
I bet there are reports ( because I have read them ) that the same office will ask different people for different paperwork. You may laugh at my suggestions but this scam of a system could easily be changed by aggressive publicity on how corrupt and stupid it is. Letters, phone calls and media like FB etc could start to expose it. Complacency does the same old thing year after year. I don't believe there are " lists of requirements " office by office. Then it would be easy to see each and every offices in WRITING side by side. Where can we find that? 

23 hours ago, digger70 said:

The officers don't apply them same  .We had different (new) officers. apply them differently in same office. 

So in other words, the rules are not all the same.  They either are, or they are not, clearly they are not. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I don't believe there are " lists of requirements " office by office

As I mentioned in previous post ...I'm not wasting my time to list each office that has its own requirements.

However one off top of head to demonstrate.....

To obtain a non O in Thailand the vast majority of offices require 15 day min remaining in current permission of stay to apply.

However CM require 21 days.

etc etc

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As I mentioned in previous post ...I'm not wasting my time to list each office that has its own requirements.

However one off top of head to demonstrate.....

To obtain a non O in Thailand the vast majority of offices require 15 day min remaining in current permission of stay to apply.

However CM require 21 days.

etc etc

So let's have all the Chiang Mai guys tell them to FO! Or have the woman attached to their hip when out and about do it! Anything can be anonymous at first. Since this doesn't happen in full force it has NEVER been tested. And by the ways no one is asking you to list these things. You are a bit snippy lately. Chill out man! And I firmly stand on my comment that within the EXACT SAME OFFICE different things have been asked for.  There have been dozens of posts going back through the years that prove this. 

Edited by alex8912

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

So let's have all the Chiang Mai guys tell them to FO! Or have the woman attached to their hip when out and about do it! Anything can be anonymous at first. Since this doesn't happen in full force it has NEVER been tested. And by the ways no one is asking you to list these things. You are a bit snippy lately. Chill out man! 

You are completely missing the point.

Take example simple question from random thread......

"what are the requirements for extension based on retirement using money in the Bank method" 

Why is my first question to that .."which immigration office are you using?"

The reason is many have their own rules. 

Some accept Google maps for address.

Some want hand drawn map.

Some want bank statements.

Some accept bank pages photocopies.

Some ask for 3 month report back.

Most do not.

Some want bank letter on day of application. Some accept up to 7 days early. 

Stop there ....many more I can list. 

Note: that's for the most simple 12 month extension. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Immigration Orders are understandably broad -- why waste several pages of paper dictating precise orders? Yes, standardization would be nice, for the customer. But why tie the hands of the IO honcho who allows 45 days in advance of an extension application -- when this probably makes the lines shorter and manageable. Telling him it has to be 30 days makes no sense. Or it has to be 15, not 21 days remaining for in-country visas. No, the fiefdom mentality of the individual IO honchos suggests good management from above doesn't make them automatons.

The most curious case is Phuket, who grandfathered some long-established OA visa holders, so that they didn't have to adhere to the medical insurance requirement. How did they manage that? Ah, maybe they reached back to a 'case law' equivalent on grandfathering, and applied it to the OA insurance requirement..... Who knows, as this appears really to be an "in your face" violation of an Immigration Order. Maybe the Phuket IO honcho meant it to be "in your face" -- realizing it was a stupid directive.

Anyway, standardization doesn't appear to be on the horizon. Big Joke has bigger fish to fry -- not IO honchos interpreting the best way to implement Immigration Orders.

On 12/20/2022 at 3:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

I asked about photocopies of bank book pages being accepted as recently in Nov my io wanted bank statements. 

She was young and incorrect.

Had to deal with supervisor and even then made to make note on my paperwork that next time I would provide bank statements

Just did my extension a few weeks back; CW, retirement, 800K savings banked.

Account balance letter and bank book pages copy accepted, and no request for statements (I'm assuming you mean the 12 months of account activity statement.)  Have never been asked for that, no mention of it this past occasion. I am aware, though, that some people in the same situation have been required to provide it.

Edited by rwilem