Drinking 2 or more cups of coffee daily may DOUBLE risk of heart failure.

Social Media

I suspect this doesn't apply to instant coffee, as this contains only around one sixth the amount of coffee you'd find in a coffee shop's espresso type.

Edited by Gaccha

Medical researchers are always trying to find something wrong with the things people enjoy most.

I think they are puritans at heart, suspicious of anything that brings joy.

The jury is still out on Brussels sprouts, I think they need to be researched.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stocky said:

"...research shows that for those without underlying conditions, pregnant, or under 12, consuming 3-4 cups (coffee) a day can help to reduce the risks of Alzheimer’s, certain cancers, Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/great-news-for-coffee-lovers-it-can-be-really-good-for-you-heres-how-to-boost-the-benefits-of-your-beans-11669402283?mod=article_inline 

Pick your study, plenty to choose from.

Does that study mention people with uncontrolled high blood pressure?

I can remember when butter was bad for you, and everyone should eat margarine, which is a man made concoction only one molecule away from plastic.

Now, margarine is bad as it contains all the bad fats, something to do with trans, though what ladyboys have to do with it baffles me.

Onemorefarang summed it up, we all go one day, just enjoy it while you can.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I can remember when butter was bad for you, and everyone should eat margarine, which is a man made concoction only one molecule away from plastic.

Now, margarine is bad as it contains all the bad fats, something to do with trans, though what ladyboys have to do with it baffles me.

The beauty of all these studies is that we can all find articles which support our lifestyles.

pddhgl7ipkweh5rdvpkv.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I suspect this doesn't apply to instant coffee, as this contains only around one sixth the amount of coffee you'd find in a coffee shop's espresso type.

Oh rats. That means I'll have to drink 20 times more instant coffee, given I don't like strong coffee.

10 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I always ate butter till they stopped making fridges with butter softeners, as I don't like leaving butter out.

Now I eat marg as it doesn't need softening.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The beauty of all these studies is that we can all find articles which support our lifestyles.

pddhgl7ipkweh5rdvpkv.jpg

Ah! eggs Benedict.................love it, but I am a complete nerd at poached eggs. Tried water swirling, vinegar, you name it I tried it. They still come out looking like..........Well, I cannot describe  it on here.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Ah! eggs Benedict.................love it, but I am a complete nerd at poached eggs. Tried water swirling, vinegar, you name it I tried it. They still come out looking like..........Well, I cannot describe  it on here.

There is an easy solution: Just cover those eggs with enough sauce - problem solved.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1