How did President Zelensky get to Washington?

Scott

10 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, well, what do you know. This little sweetheart was flown by the US air force, the bill for which will end up on NATO's desk in Brussels. Wondering if the incidents since 2014 in the East of Ukraine will be on the agenda ..... or not. Is there an American photo-op planned; I mean Vogue in Paris printed 16 pages extra with him and his wife while his country was bombed and on fire. Your call! 

You mean where Russia refused to recognize Minsk despite signing it? Doubt that will have been on the agenda no.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The bias is real. Russia is rated as "Not free" ????

https://freedomhouse.org/countries/freedom-world/scores

Not defending Russia at all, the place is a cesspit of corruption.  Just saying that holding Ukraine up as a beacon of democracy and freedom is simply not accurate.  A not free country invades a partly free country and.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

But it may have been Air Force 2, which is the VPs call sign when the VP is aboard.

However it could also have been any other aircraft of the  89th Airlift Wing aircraft, such as the Boeing C-40 Clipper, C-20B, C-37A, and C-37B, have also served in this role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Two

Air Force Two is the air traffic control designated call sign held by any United States Air Force aircraft carrying the U.S. vice president, but not the president.[1][2] The term is often associated with the Boeing C-32, a modified 757 which is most commonly used as the vice president's transport. Other 89th Airlift Wing aircraft, such as the Boeing C-40 Clipper, C-20B, C-37A, and C-37B, have also served in this role.[3] The VC-25A, the aircraft most often used by the president as Air Force One, has also been used by the vice president as Air Force Two

Definitely not a 75 - the droop nose is missing ... 

41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I would not describe an arms industry that has to raid refrigerators and washing machines for microchips as flourishing.

Read an interesting article about microchips developed in Russia BUT they don't have a chip factory capable to produce them. So TSMC (Taiwan) did the production (as they do for a about half of the world production).

But no more, sanctions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The US has supported NATO since it was founded some 70 years ago.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your little agenda!????

750 military bases around the world in 80 countries, yep Putin certainly is a threat.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Putin is the first leader since World War II to threaten the use of nuclear weapons in a local war. He is on record as wanting the USSR back, which presumably includes the partition of Germany all over again. He and his military are deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure in Ukraine, and deporting civilians to Russia in keeping with the Stalinist playbook during the Holomodor. That makes him a war criminal.

You may not regard Putin as a threat, I certainly do.

Ummmm, not true, I believe Israel threatened Iraq in 1990 or thereabouts, and I believe India and Pakistan have used words in the 70's and 90's, but feel free to correct me.

You see to me there is a clear difference between words and actions, which brings me to Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan where you would be aware that two nuclear bombs were dropped 3 days apart from each other, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, just trying to remember which country that was that used those action, not words, apart from a few leaflets they dropped over the cities beforehand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was asking myself just the other day if I actually believed all the hype about the humanitarian support the Ukraine is getting from the US and others.

Then it dawned on me, the US took out the pipeline and is now negotiating with Europe to sell them gas via a new facility they have been building, hmmm.

Putting everything else aside, you know Putin and all, sounds like big business to me and anything to take Russia out of making the coin it what supposed to be making.

Just my thoughts.

Nearly two-thirds of US LNG went to Europe, up from roughly a third of the total in all of 2021. America has shot past Australia and Qatar to become the world's largest LNG exporter. A deal agreed to in March by America and the EU calls for an extra 50bcm per year of American LNG to flow to Europe this decade.

• Like 1