Swedish tourist arrested for wandering on Pattaya Beach with a loaded gun and crystal meth

webfact

1 hour ago, stoner said:

serious question.

you are ok with profiling ? or just in instances like this ? not trying to be rude just gain insight is all. 

Yes I am when it's not race based.

It clearly did the job this time unless there was some other evidence not disclosed in the article.

Edited by ozimoron

7 hours ago, Jerno said:

Idiot.  And where did he get the gun?

"He reportedly claimed he found the gun and the ammunition in a plastic box in front of an unnamed go-go bar, so he just decided to keep it"

Yah, yah..

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Sad life if need drugs to enjoy oneself , where I stopped liking the life I had , I changed it 

you think the drugs were for himself 

as usual, news stories here are like a quiz - you have to fill in the blanks/join the dots..............then it all makes sense

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And they definitely bring a lot of money to Thailand.

You know the personal finances of all these people or is this just speculation like your claim that this tattoo'd man has been in jail more than out of it?

Interesting.....

3 minutes ago, Khun Loong said:

Yep that place is full of scumbags, crims and losers

i always find it interesting the amount of anti-pattaya comments on this forum im  sure most of the people on this site didnt come to thailand and settle here because of its climate and temples and are trying to somehow distance themselves from their younger days its like everytime i meet someone with a thai wife and you ask where they met,its always oh she worked in 7/11 or a hotel receptionist or restaurant stop lying to yourselves and everyone else get over it and just admit the truth its nothing to be ashamed off,grow up

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

why was the backpack suspicious?

It was green.  He'd have been OK with a red one.  If Pattaya Plod hadn't picked him up Chonburi Fashion police would have, for wearing a colourful jacket & non-matching shirt.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, monty1412 said:

wow ..... not a word of praise for the Pattaya police for doing their job and taking what obviously is a threat off the streets .... yes I admit they make the Keystone cops look like pro's most of the time but  occasionally they do step up to the mark . Nicely done Pattaya RTP.... now lets make sure this non quality  tourist gets processed and sent home with a never to come back mark against him......

praise for the pattaya police is about as rare as actual evidence that father christmas is a real person

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

hey you. what's in the backpack?

books. i'm going to school. i'm a phd student. 

Ph.D. students more likely to have their reserach materials in their backpack. Ph.D. students focus on their own 'never seen before' insights/philosophies rather than textbooks with mostly detail past real experiences and proven stratgies etc. 

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe Thailand should introduce a rule that guys who look like gangsters are not let in by immigration.

Looking at him, that guy is definitely no quality tourist.

how People look good bad gangster or what ever walks this earth you are not the one to judge 

look at yourself in the mirror maybe you look like a gangster also ad some pictures to your body even more impressive ,

1 hour ago, cookie1974 said:

arent all guns murder weapons????????

Of course not. 

But THAT gun looks like a murder weapon.

1. It is a .380, nowadays considered rather underpowered unless used very close-up and right in the vitals like the brain.

2. It has a threaded muzzle.  You can tell because it currently has a protective cap to protect the threading.  The only reason for a threaded muzzle is so that you can screw a silencer (suppressor) onto it.

3.  That pistol is considered a subcompact, easily hidden on the body.  Short barrel so only good for self-defense or murdering someone with.

...So why is a criminal-looking dude from Sweden doing in Pattaya with that kind of gun.  

10 hours ago, webfact said:

police found a sachet of crystal methamphetamine, ...................... police were surprised to find a gold Colt Defender .380 pistol with five bullets in its magazine.

A "High Class" tourist visiting a "World Class" resort??????? ????????

6 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Of course not. 

But THAT gun looks like a murder weapon.

1. It is a .380, nowadays considered rather underpowered unless used very close-up and right in the vitals like the brain.

2. It has a threaded muzzle.  You can tell because it currently has a protective cap to protect the threading.  The only reason for a threaded muzzle is so that you can screw a silencer (suppressor) onto it.

3.  That pistol is considered a subcompact, easily hidden on the body.  Short barrel so only good for self-defense or murdering someone with.

...So why is a criminal-looking dude from Sweden doing in Pattaya with that kind of gun.  

most 38 calibre firearms have the option to fit a silencer/suppressor and also it isnt a weapon that can be easily concealed from the the photo its more of of a military sidearm as it obviously is not designed to be hidden under clothing a walther ppk or glock 15 would much more suitable if that was the intention 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Yes I am when it's not race based.

It clearly did the job this time unless there was some other evidence not disclosed in the article.

so how can it be determined if it is race based or not. not this one specifically but its quite a fine line to walk no ? 

i have tattoos and often carry a bagpack around with me.

5 hours ago, thesetat said:

How to know who is a sexpat and who is not just by looking at them entering the country? I think most single men entering the country are sexpats first and then grow out of it. I am most certain you have had your share of women in Thailand and perhaps now have settled down to only one. So you should not be instigating nor complaining about this in the forum. The plethora of women offering themselves to men can be inviting to any man who is here for the first time. Why label them? 

because the old guys here now try to distance themselves from the reason the they first came here they are now "good citizens" or their dicks dont work anymore so they choose to castigate the new generation as "sexpats" or low quality tourists while they are sitting in thier 3000 baht a month dump apartments in soi buakhow and pouring scorn on people having a good holiday

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stoner said:

so how can it be determined if it is race based or not. not this one specifically but its quite a fine line to walk no ? 

i have tattoos and often carry a bagpack around with me.

The person doing the profile should be prohibited from race based profiling. The person being profiled has little or no idea why he's being profiled. Other than that, profiling is a useful policing tool.

It obviously was neither the tattoos or the backpack which aroused suspicion in this case. Plenty of people have tattoos and backpacks and are not randomly stopped by police.