Russia BANS oil sales to the UK

Social Media

Russia BANS oil sales to the UK as Putin seeks revenge for 'illegal' cap - Fears of petrol price spike in February

President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday delivered Russia's long-awaited response to a Western price cap, signing a decree that bans the supply of crude oil and oil products from 1 February for five months to nations that abide by the cap.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The OP is a post from GB news, they need to be a tad parochial in their coverage in order not to confuse their target audience. 

As I said, interesting that such a headline would be selected for the OP given the fact that the ban applies to all EU countries, plus Canada, US, Japan and Australia (and the UK).

I will forgive your snide comments towards GB News and it's viewership, given their political leanings and rapidly growing success. 

https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishers/gb-news-sky-news-prime-time-ratings/

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

As I said, interesting that such a headline would be selected for the OP given the fact that the ban applies to all EU countries, plus Canada, US, Japan and Australia (and the UK).

I will forgive your snide comments towards GB News and it's viewership, given their political leanings and rapidly growing success. 

https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishers/gb-news-sky-news-prime-time-ratings/

I would dispute the "rapidly growing success" label - you conveniently forget that both Sky news and GB news are roundly beaten every primetime evening by the BBC

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Does the UK buy much oil from Russia? 

The UK is supposed to be phasing out all of its imports of Russian oil by end of 2022 (a few days time), and reducing the levels of Russian gas imports which were around 4% when the Russian invasion of Ukraine started.

UK to phase out Russian oil imports - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

The headline OP is therefore pretty irrelevant - just a tatty right wing news channel trying to drum up a story about nothing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

More to do with the Anti-British globalist media still punishing the UK for daring to leave the EU.

Almost every other story published is along the same theme.

"Why is the UK struggling more ........"

"Brexit has broken the UK .........."

No smoke without fire.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:00 AM, Tug said:

I hope it’s a flop cause everyone know Putin needs the money 

Am sure India & China will lap up as much “Cheap” Oil as Russia can produce.

Maybe time to start hitting these with some sanctions for taking advantage of Western Nations not buying Russian Oil… Effectively  they are supporting the Russian war effort. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gasoline prices in Europe are now below pre Russian invasion of Ukraine Norway just opened a LNG terminal the world is moving beyond and dealing with Putin’s attempt to extort Europe into getting what he wants the Ukrainians are humiliating Russia on the battle field with China and India buying Russian oil at a discount it keeps the price down for the rest of us not looking so good for Putin me thinks 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Am sure India & China will lap up as much “Cheap” Oil as Russia can produce.

Maybe time to start hitting these with some sanctions for taking advantage of Western Nations not buying Russian Oil… Effectively  they are supporting the Russian war effort. 

Isn't China already sanctioned, and isn't India an ally of the US?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Isn't China already sanctioned, and isn't India an ally of the US?

China's sanctions have nothing to do with them buying Russian oil & clearly India isn't an ally when it comes to the Russia/Ukraine war. 

Have either China or India even come out & condemned Russia's actions yet? 

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

China's sanctions have nothing to do with them buying Russian oil & clearly India isn't an ally when it comes to the Russia/Ukraine war. 

Have either China or India even come out & condemned Russia's actions yet? 

Why would they? China is an ally of Russia and India has no political interest in the Ukraine far as I know.

Perhaps the next thing you want will be for Thailand to condemn Russia too.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would they? China is an ally of Russia and India has no political interest in the Ukraine far as I know.

Perhaps the next thing you want will be for Thailand to condemn Russia too.

Because it's the right thing to do? 

Besides, didn't you say India is an ally of US so why wouldn't they?

5:15am is a bit early to start engaging in geo-political debates so I'll leave it here. 

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

Because it's the right thing to do? 

Besides, didn't you say India is an ally of US so why wouldn't they?

5:15am is a bit early to start engaging in geo-political debates so I'll leave it here. 

As always, the "right thing" is conditional on many many things, politically, and India is an ally of the US, but not to my knowledge in a formal alliance such as NATO, so is free to do as they see fit.

As you wish on leaving it there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1