Will you live a MEANINGFUL Life in 2023?.............Spoiler Alert, NO!

BananaStrong

On 12/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, BananaStrong said:

1.  good friends  

2.  relationship, intimate.

3.  structure in your day

4.  job you like

5.  passion for anything

1. Lost most while overseas for 40 years. The few I have left are far away, so don't count.

2. none

3. no structure in my day, but I like that. Prefer making every day different in some degree.

4. my job consists of preparing for when I die, but it keeps me busy enough.

5. I have passion for many things, though no longer the same as when was visiting LOS twice a year or living there. Eg, I now have a passion for Japanese anime movies ( given the price of them here one needs to be passionate to indulge in that hobby )

One must adapt to circumstances or drink/ drug oneself to death, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:43 AM, BananaStrong said:

1.  good friends  

4.  job you like

5.  passion for anything

1, 2, 3, 4: yes

5: passion for some "things", not for anything.

Sometime soon it's time for an important part of that structure, 4 shots espresso in the morning.

IMG_20221229_085701.thumb.jpg.9b25b7547290b968e0419b66ab34f97e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can only claim good friends and marital bliss.

Structure to my day? Let the four winds blow. If I hit the gym 4 times in a week (and I do, and it kills me), that's going to be it for me structure-wise.

A job? It's been 20+ years. No ones hoping I show up at that formica desk again.

Passion for anything? It comes and goes.

At 70, I've had a little look at a lot of things. I don't think there are any completely undiscovered golden bits to warrant passion. I wish they found new music on Mars or something.

Last year, I had Peruvian food for the first time (a lot ceviches, great use of hominy corn). I've been to 3 Peruvian restaurants now. Sushi Samba is the famous upscale chain. I might do it again. But prob not 3 times in the same year.

Wouldn't I be a bit of a drama queen to claim that I was "passionate about Peruvian Cuisine"? Because most people's passions are just as made up.  Would be good bait for a Tinder profile, tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, BananaStrong said:

1.  good friends  

4.  job you like

5.  passion for anything

1. Still in touch on a daily basis from long time friends back in the old country via social media messages and a call once or twice a week. I also have friends here that I see twice a week, although some have kicked the bucket of late.

2  Yes, happily married 15 years.

3. Have my daily routine which keeps me busy at MY pace, and always put at least 30 minutes work in the gym to keep the muscle from sagging as we age, besides it's good for us.

4. Happily retired 7 years and always looking to make a tax free coin by day trading if the markets looking good, if not, will sit on the fence until it looks good.

5. Passion has always been for the ladies here, can't help that, have always been a passionate guy, and when my lights go out, I will do my best to go out with a smile.

So based on the above I consider my score to be a pass with 5/5 ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

1. Still in touch on a daily basis from long time friends back in the old country via social media messages and a call once or twice a week. I also have friends here that I see twice a week, although some have kicked the bucket of late.

2  Yes, happily married 15 years.

3. Have my daily routine which keeps me busy at MY pace, and always put at least 30 minutes work in the gym to keep the muscle from sagging as we age, besides it's good for us.

4. Happily retired 7 years and always looking to make a tax free coin by day trading if the markets looking good, if not, will sit on the fence until it looks good.

5. Passion has always been for the ladies here, can't help that, have always been a passionate guy, and when my lights go out, I will do my best to go out with a smile.

So based on the above I consider my score to be a pass with 5/5 ????

"have always been a passionate guy, and when my lights go out, I will do my best to go out with a smile."

How old you are can be a problem.

Meds to the rescue. ????

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 6:43 PM, BananaStrong said:

1.  good friends  

4.  job you like

5.  passion for anything

1.  good friends:  4 for 60+ years; 3 for 40+ years; 3 for 10 years.

2. relationship, intimate:  TGF 40 yrs younger for 8 yrs.

3.  structure in your day:  Care for ailing wife, gym, reading & writing, no alarm clock in 50 yrs.

4.  job you like:  Retired in August from almost 60 yrs college teaching.

5.  passion for anything:  GF, periodic writing projects, music, life.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I am SOOOOO glad I learned not to give a sh!t how others think I should live. The day I had that epiphany was the day I started living a most meaningful life.

Why do persons who do not care what others think like to let others know that they do not care what others think?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1