What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

On 3/9/2023 at 1:59 AM, bobandyson said:

MH370. The Plane That Disappeared (2023)

Netflix and fmovies. 3 episode series.

"On March 8th, 2014, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared from radar. When the 239 people on board went missing, a global investigation into the greatest mystery of the modern age ensued. Despite official reports, countless theories, and tireless searches for evidence, one central question remained - What Are We Missing?"

Full series 1 with subs available on RARBG

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Full series 1 with subs available on RARBG

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

The ending was interesting ... 

image.png.020bb3f4d75c5be58d1b1feb620c09e2.png

To meet the current requirements a new James Bond would have to be a woman of colour  with unusual leanings.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Agree, it was entertaining.

Also watched the TV series "The Swarm", good enough with particularly scenic cinematography.

Thanks, saw that, but gave it a pass, was 50/50 on it, looked interesting, but low IMDB score.  Along with no familiar actors, but that seems to be a plus now of days.

Need something, as ran up of others, either ended or didn't start up again.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Thanks, saw that, but gave it a pass, was 50/50 on it, looked interesting, but low IMDB score.  Along with no familiar actors, but that seems to be a plus now of days.

Need something, as ran up of others, either ended or didn't start up again.

Believe it's a German series, which is why you've never heard of the actors.

They switch between English, German and French frequently.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

To meet the current requirements a new James Bond would have to be a woman of colour  with unusual leanings.

To meet the current requirements the Actor needs to commit 10 years to the franchise (3-4 films), Idris is 50/51, seems to have a lot of different things he wants to do so doubt would be willing to make that sort of commitment 

Shame as I think he would make a great Bond... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'll always regard Mormonism as a cult and not a religion (no coffee) but hot damn if Mormons aren't the nicest folks you'll ever meet!

Inside look at Mormon missionaries in the  UK.

BBC doc

The Mormons are Coming 

Edited by Jingthing

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Believe it's a German series, which is why you've never heard of the actors.

They switch between English, German and French frequently.

Watched first 3 episodes, enjoying it, I use DVX player, has small subtitles, so doesn't obscure the screen. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'll always regard Mormonism as a cult and not a religion (no coffee) but hot damn if Mormons aren't the nicest folks you'll ever meet!

Inside look at Mormon missionaries in the  UK.

BBC doc

The Mormons are Coming 

Usually turn up on a Sunday morning when you're nursing a massive hangover. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Visited my brother in Ogden Utah many years ago Mormon country and as for being the nicest folk I would say.....creepy....very creepy :whistling:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, petermik said:

Visited my brother in Ogden Utah many years ago Mormon country and as for being the nicest folk I would say.....creepy....very creepy :whistling:

I knew a few back in Philly, PA, USA, converts and loved their 'healthy' eating part of the cult   Always fresh baked goodies for us stoners.  Between them and the Amish, it's a wonder I wasn't a fat teen.

This film originally got under my radar and seemed to have the makings of a good movie, with good actors and ratings.

I watched half of it but I found the movie bit too dark and gross to continue.

If anybody managed to get to the end perhaps they could tell me if it was worthwhile and if the ending justified the time.

Perfect Sense - U.S. Version | IMDb

15 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I thought Everything Everywhere All at Once was absolutly terrible, we ended up turning it off....

All Quiet on the Western Front, on the other hand is great and probably the most realistic movie I have ever watched.

I watched 5 minutes of EEAAO.

I might have enjoyed All Quiet on the Western Front but I had just watched the original version for a second time.

How did it compare to the original if you watched it?

I might wait a while before I watch the new one.