What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, rabiedabruce said:

Bond could in no way be black. Enough with cheering on wokeism already. I'm guessing Miss/Ms Moneypenny will be Chinese?

Are you wearing your hood ?

How about the best actor to fill the role, who might be available, for a 10 year run or the next 3 ish installments.  I've seen a few lists of suggestions, and as stated earlier Idris Elba would be perfect, IMHO, but would take a lot of money for him to commit, as enjoys his other interests & projects.

I don't think the rest of the suggestions would work very well.

They do have blacks/Africa decent folks working in British intelligence, in case you didn't know.   So far from 'woke-ism'.  If next JB was black & had to be gay with an handicapped lover, I might agree ????

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 6:36 AM, LosLobo said:

Oh <deleted> .. what a load of crock.

I would love to see Idris Alba as Bond, but I think he should have taken it when the rumours started flying many years ago. 

A woman? .. no, please not.

Theo James looks good, Damson Idris would be awesome, same Pappa Essiedu - Harry styles .. no thanks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, recom273 said:

It’s tragic that this has been axed, it’s easily the best TV he’s ever done, imho. 

I just finished the series last night, not as good as the first, but highlights the level of BS bureaucracy faced by farmers in the UK. 

Thought it was continuing.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/clarksons-farm-season-3-confirmed-29220280

• Like 2

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

@Will27 I just started Underbelly - S01 is very dated. ???? The acting and production seem a bit cardboard. Let’s see. 

That's a shame mate, I really enjoyed the series.

Especially series 1.

Perhaps it has more appeal to Aussies because a lot of the crims were really well known.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Will27 said:

That's a shame mate, I really enjoyed the series.

Especially series 1.

Perhaps it has more appeal to Aussies because a lot of the crims were really well known.

Mate, I always stick with recommendations from here, there is like 7 series of it or something like. I just started E01 - it looks dated, because it is! 

• Haha 2

The Spy in Your Mobile

RAR.

A Storyville documentary that investigates a powerful and terrifying spyware called Pegasus, sold to governments around the world by Israeli company NSO Group and used on journalists, activists and others, including both the wife and fiancée of Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:30 PM, rabiedabruce said:

Bond could in no way be black. Enough with cheering on wokeism already. I'm guessing Miss/Ms Moneypenny will be Chinese?

Bond films have always been rubbish anyway, even as a kid in the 60's I thought they were poor. No problem with a black being cast as Bond, the problem is only ever casting blacks these days in positive roles and historical ones which are not true, Bridgerton, Anne Boleyn etc. 

Edited by proton
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/16/2023 at 6:05 PM, Will27 said:

Still Missing Morgan

In June of 1995, Morgan Chauntel Nick was abducted from a little league ballpark in Alma, AR. Starting in 2019, cameras follow the Nick family and Detectives for the entire 24th year of Morgan's disappearance, revealing exclusive interviews and information around an unprecedented abduction investigation.

Music track is endless and annoying so gave up, one programme would have been enough. Amateur YT bers are better, coffee house crime, dreading etc, although some of them go in for pointless music over narration. 

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Music track is endless and annoying so gave up, one programme would have been enough. Amateur YT bers are better, coffee house crime, dreading etc, although some of them go in for pointless music over narration. 

I haven't started it yet but it has some pretty good reviews.

22 hours ago, proton said:

Episode 6 of The Last Of Us is out, good so far as they kept the zombie element down to a minimum. Girl seems to have a good American accent considering she is from Nottingham in the UK.

Yeah man, it started off a bit dull, you could see that it was following the plot line of a zombie invasion PS game. I watched the episode in which they are escaping from the city, I thought it was pretty “intense”, and am enjoying the series. 

9 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yeah man, it started off a bit dull, you could see that it was following the plot line of a zombie invasion PS game. I watched the episode in which they are escaping from the city, I thought it was pretty “intense”, and am enjoying the series. 

Too woke for me, ep6 threw in the deaf/mute black kid (although he seemed to forget he was mute when running away from the zombies). Acting very poor throughout.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Too woke for me, ep6 threw in the deaf/mute black kid (although he seemed to forget he was mute when running away from the zombies). Acting very poor throughout.

To be fair they killed the black survivors off pretty quick, the Ellie character is a good actress. Oh there is the other black woman married to his brother though, of course she was an lawyer or something, they are never ex waitresses or cashiers at wallmart.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Do people really count the woke score?

As there are black people in the world, it never surprises me that they appear on TV. Now that you point it out, I agree the fact that the kid was deaf added nothing to the plot. 

Sometimes, at the end of my day, I just want to sit back, not think so much worry about politics or acting and just watch loads of zombies being shot and special effects. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

You S3. 

Carnival Row.

Can't watched BMF (Black Mafia Family) because I need subtitles to follow the jargon/enunciation. On a Woke note - the cast is almost universally black; where are the token whites?

Damn - is that the show written by Fiddy cent? That’s not woke .. that’s was just total garbage, I lasted 10 mins of s01e01 - I’m really surprised it’s made it to S03. 

On 2/20/2023 at 12:01 PM, proton said:

Bond films have always been rubbish anyway, even as a kid in the 60's I thought they were poor. No problem with a black being cast as Bond, the problem is only ever casting blacks these days in positive roles and historical ones which are not true, Bridgerton, Anne Boleyn etc. 

Yes they have but would appeal to the old duffers on here seeing nothing wrong with an elderly man taking a bath with someone young enough to be his daughter *cough cough* Then there are those who've swallowed the woke narrative by virtue (or not) of corporate media and a black Ann Boleyn's just fine. Right-o, who's up for an all white cast of Roots with Benedict Cumberbatch playing Kunta Kinte?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1