What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:
13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching season 1 of 1923, which is another prequel to Yellowstone, set in the early 20th century. It's very good so far and well worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18335752/

Isn't that sort of "Dallas" the old soap series?

Sorry I haven't watched Dallas, so can't compare the two series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

A friend recommended this documentary to me, and I found it on 1337x.to, and it is called, "The Plastic Ocean" and I was absolutely astounded at what I saw.

What started out as a trip to look for the blue whale, turned into an exposé into plastic in the ocean and how it is affecting the seabirds, and my oh my, some of the scenes were absolutely astounding/alarming, with seabirds having stomachs absolutely full of small pieces of plastic.

I hadn't realised the extent of this until I saw this doco. It also dealt with the plastic pollution in the Philippines, which again is disgusting, especially as kids are playing around in this toxic mess.

I urge anyone interested in keeping the planet pollution free, to watch this documentary.

Too depressing, and at my age absolutely nothing I can do but watch things get progressively worse.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

A friend recommended this documentary to me, and I found it on 1337x.to, and it is called, "The Plastic Ocean" and I was absolutely astounded at what I saw.

What started out as a trip to look for the blue whale, turned into an exposé into plastic in the ocean and how it is affecting the seabirds, and my oh my, some of the scenes were absolutely astounding/alarming, with seabirds having stomachs absolutely full of small pieces of plastic.

I hadn't realised the extent of this until I saw this doco. It also dealt with the plastic pollution in the Philippines, which again is disgusting, especially as kids are playing around in this toxic mess.

I urge anyone interested in keeping the planet pollution free, to watch this documentary.

Yes, I saw a infographic the other day, Thailand dumps an estimated 22,806 tonnes into the sea, the Philippines 356,371 tonnes - a lot of that has to do with the coastline to land mass ratio, (or so im told) but its still a shocking amount. 

I started Last King of the Cross last night, pretty good with some familiar faces from Mr. Inbetween - Also Hello Tomorrow! hmmmm, not sure if that one makes the grade.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

i think it a stretch to compare dallas with yellowstone

I'm sure the production, actors, characters & budget is much better.  But from the trailers I watched, still a bit too much soap opera-ish for me.   Plus not a big fan of HiSo folks in TV series.  Can't relate at all.  Same with most minority, poor intercity, drug/crime sagas, can't relate, so usually give them a pass.

That's a lot coming from me, as lived in an 'economically depressed' area/slum a couple times myself.  If you can't speak at least broken English or hold a handgun properly ... don't insult my intelligence.

Why actors even take those degrading roles is mind boggling, as some don't need the money.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I enjoyed the book by Fredirik Backman called A Man Called Ove but never know if I will like something I enjoyed reading being turned into a film. Today A Man Called Otto popped up on the trending torrents on 1337 so downloaded it and watched it.  I thought it was pretty good and always seem to like Tom Hanks movies. It has a 7.6 rating on IMDB.

I guess I should now download the original Swedish movie and see how it compares.

I really enjoyed the Swedish version, A Man Called Ove.

Not sure I'll give this one a crack.

• Like 1

Currently watching The Gold Brinks Mat robbery - did not know the full story - fascinating.

Better - first episode promising.

And surprisingly- Wednesday (Addams family daughter)- watched the first episode today and found it enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Better - first episode promising.

"Better"-Making the news in the UK for all the wrong reasons.

Season 3  (first episode) The Mandalorian is back....

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:29 PM, oxo1947 said:

Endeavour  is back.

Just downloaded series 7 & 8.  This is the prequel to the late, great John Thaw's 'Morse'.  Classy scripts; accurate historical setting and characters you care about who enunciate clearly.  Loving it.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

When I search TPB, I get pages of 'Better Call Saul' & nothing else.

Better:  TV Series  2023

A corrupt police detective has a painful moral awakening and decides to put right 20 years of wrongdoing.

Full episodes 1-5 available on  RARBG and TV Chaos

:smile:

After a family tragedy is narrowly averted, a corrupt police detective undergoes a painful moral awakening and decides to put right twenty years of wrongdoing but satisfying her newfound conscience won't be straightforward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

The Movie  "Living" is out  TG etc

Must put this on my list of movies to watch.

I will watch Remains of the Day first.

It's one that went under my radar.

Has anyone seen this?

Edited by LosLobo

16 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Has anyone seen this?

Yes long long time ago didn't make an impact but ok to kill the time.

• Sad 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, LosLobo said:

Has anyone seen this?

I saw it a few years ago just after it came out, and it was a good movie, but with a certain sadness to it by virtue of what it was all about. The acting was great and well worth a watch.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, LosLobo said:

Has anyone seen this?

I have, I thought that it was ok but that the (Booker Prize winning) book was much more enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can highly recommend a move called. "Moon" starring Sam Rockwell.........different and makes you think. Came out a few years ago without much fanfare so you may have missed it. 

IMO a very good film.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1