Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2023)

CharlieH

Is Caroline still going?

I remember when it first started. I was a truck driver in those days.

Trucks didn't have radios, or even heaters, well mine didn't, so would listen to Caroline on portable tranny. 

Reception was a bit patchy, but was great round East Anglia area.

Good times  :smile:

And then some stumpin' blues of Steve

I could go on, as Jools Holland channel has lots of known and unknown guests, also combined.

An amazing show from BBC2

OK to end rockabilly thing.

Not to everyone's taste

But do please note, this guy had something to do (as they say) with the discovery of The Beatles

in his capacity as record producer, Kaempfert played a part in the rise of the Beatles. In 1961, he hired the Beatles to back Tony Sheridan on an album called My Bonnie. Sheridan had been performing in Hamburg, and needed to recruit a band to play behind him on the proposed tracks. Kaempfert auditioned and signed the Beatles, and recorded two tracks with them during his sessions for Sheridan: "Ain't She Sweet" (sung by rhythm guitarist John Lennon) and "Cry for a Shadow" (an instrumental written by Lennon and lead guitarist George Harrison). The album and its singles, released by Polydor Records, were the Beatles' first commercially released recordings.

On 28 October 1961, a customer walked into the Liverpool music store owned by Brian Epstein and asked for a copy of "My Bonnie". The store did not have it, but Epstein noted the request. He was so intrigued by the idea of a Liverpool band releasing a record that he investigated. That event led to his discovery of the Beatles and, through his efforts, their signing by George Martin to Parlophone Records after Kaempfert helped them avoid any contractual claim from Polydor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Kaempfert

Edited by MJCM
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Halloween song for 2023.

Marilyn Manson with a very creative cover of the Eurythmics Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) off of his '95 Smells Like Children album.  Not technically a Halloween song but Manson's video character rivals any ghastly Halloween creature that I can conjure in my imagination.

Great cover, though.  :saai:

• Like 2