Jump to content

Convert O-A retirement to O without leaving Thailand

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to convert a Thai O-A retirement visa to an O retirement or O marriage visa, based on complete and verifiable documents, without leaving Thailand?

Any recommendations for an agent to assist in this process please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No possible and any agent suggesting it is possible is way outside of reality. 

I recommend agents often however non O-A to non O in Thailand not possible 


Edit: completely missed the option of non O-A extension based on marriage. Took too much notice of thread heading. 

What @Pib posted is correct.

Sweet deal. 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot change the Non O-A to a Non O within Thailand, but you can change the reason for the extension from retirement to Thai spouse.
Even on the Non O-A, there is no requirement for mandatory Health Insurance for the reason of an extension of stay based on Thai spouse.


@Pib above, is perfectly correct.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pib is sort of there and Liquorice is close, all depends on your local immy office. Very doable .... but TIT, depends on where you are. A mate of mine has just done it, immy officer asked why, wife doesn't like girlfriend .... stamp, stamp, stamp done .... with a smile.


  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...