India to Require Negative Covid Test from Thai Visitors

webfact

20 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Do Thais visit India then? ????

In any case, Mr Ganja won’t be happy about this ????

The headline is extremely misleading. The requirement is for all passengers flying from Thailand to India, not for "Thai tourists". In practice, the vast majority of those needing to test will be Indian nationals returning from holidays in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I've already said that many Thais are of Indian ethnic origin. Did you miss that or doesn't it fit the narrative?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indians_in_Thailand

I'm talking of the country in general and it's hygiene.

I've made business trips over there and I have invited friends and family.   However they've always declined stating that they think that the country isn't clean.

My Thai daughter has been Mistaken for being Indian and my great grandmother was of Indian origin. 

I find Indians lovely people. 

It's more of Thailand is the center of the universe perception perhaps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I'm talking of the country in general and it's hygiene.

I've made business trips over there and I have invited friends and family.   However they've always declined stating that they think that the country isn't clean.

My Thai daughter has been Mistaken for being Indian and my great grandmother was of Indian origin. 

I find Indians lovely people. 

It's more of Thailand is the center of the universe perception perhaps. 

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Agreed. I keep suggesting an Indian holiday to my tgf but she doesn't want to go, too dirty.

This is about Thais and others travelling to India from Thailand. It's isn't and excuse to bash Indians.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Nobody is bashing Indians. 

India has a reputation for being unhygienic.

Unfortunately that is particularly true in the bigger cities,  even Indians know this. 

Some of my best friends are of Indian descent and are wonderful people. 

This is a thread about covid. The "some of my best friends" is a joke, right?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

No, not at all.

I find Indians fine people who are genuine. 

Good humor also. 

But nothing to do with the topic, right? I'm fine with  all races without having to invoke the "I'm not racist because some of my best friends are..."

Edited by ozimoron

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

But nothing to do with the topic, right? I'm fine with  all races without having to invoke the "I'm not racist because some of my best friends are..."

What's up with you?

Perhaps you started celebrate New Year a little early?

India is one of the biggest countries in the world!!!!!  Of course they will look down on others, those dirty foreigners!!!

Hierarchy of who can look down on who.....

1.  America.

2 - 1000.    Nobody really cares.

If you live in Thailand, Number 1 billion zillion :  Falang, 1 billion places below sick aids rabies mutated soi dog

Edited by BananaStrong
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Now the pressure gets ratcheted up another notch.  Stand by as this one spins Anutin in circles.  Anutin has already stated that he is not worried about the Chinese coming as they have to be PCR tested negative before leaving Thailand.......something is getting really stinky with China just all of a sudden lifting restrictions an allowing full blown outbound travel for the Chinese New Year.

Deja vu back to 2020 where the Chinese were allowed to spread the virus by allowing its citizens international travel for their New Year holidays. 
Let’s do it again is the new chant!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pokerface1 said:

Deja vu back to 2020 where the Chinese were allowed to spread the virus by allowing its citizens international travel for their New Year holidays. 
Let’s do it again is the new chant!!!

Well Chinese New Year is January 22nd... so if they keep traveling beyond then we could all be back in lockdown by spring again! (Tongue in cheek). 

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 2:42 AM, Seppius said:

What about returning Indian tourists from Thailand, also need to test neg? Clinics in Pattaya will busy if so

This also means less indians would visit thailand, unless this testing is lifted

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spilornis said:

Apparently the inclusion of Singapore on the list was a media error but I'm bewildered as to why Thailand made the list.

Given diplomatic relationship between China & india, Thailand would have just been caught in it, probably trying to put a check on chinese transit pax 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 4:14 PM, DrJoy said:
On 12/30/2022 at 2:42 PM, Seppius said:

What about returning Indian tourists from Thailand, also need to test neg?

Yes.

Any individual travelling from Thai to India, no matter nationality.

The Indian Government must be serious about this.  Not long ago when coming to Thailand it was policy for almost everyone to have a negative PCR test conducted no longer than 48 hours before boarding their flight.  Thais did not need to provide a negative test.  This may have to do with a nation's citizens natural right to enter their own country.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fobuff said:

Well, Thailand is not imposing restrictions on the Chinese, therefore the virus will spread in Thailand...

Many countries might follow India's example

The virus is already in Thailand since 2020, we are talking about Covid.