TM30 New Registration, New Condo

Happy New Year all

This year we will be changing domicile in central Bangkok.

Judging from what I have read on/off on this forum my wife can use an app (??) and register as POSESSOR in lieu of owner dealing with the hassle.

1) What paperwork, issues for my wife? 2) What paperwork for the owner if not possible 3) What about me just submitting paperwork at CW and which documents required?

I expect hardcopies: Owners ID card, tabien bahn all pages, TM30, limited PoA (where to get this?). Plus my documents which are?? Anyway, I've no idea.

Finally, the way it sits currently as I understand it is I just need to register when I move in. As long as my visa (extension) doesn't change I'm not (owner) required to update as I come and go be it a domestic holiday or leaving the country.

Super finally, the paperwork seems a hassle for the owner and I've read some don't want to rent to farang but the paperwork seems minimal. Maybe some confusion here with other parts of Thailand where owners are required to front up ?? Anyway, up to them.

Thank you and happy new year.

• Like 1

if the condo is not your wife's:

1) the condo owner will do it for you. he/she will need copy of your passport and visa, your wife ID copy. condo rental contract

2) if you are going to do it you will need condo owner Id, house book, condo rental contract

i strongly suggest you do it visa mobile app. super easy. again will need documents above in your phone. dont use high quality photos. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

if the condo is not your wife's:

1) the condo owner will do it for you. he/she will need copy of your passport and visa, your wife ID copy. condo rental contract

2) if you are going to do it you will need condo owner Id, house book, condo rental contract

i strongly suggest you do it visa mobile app. super easy. again will need documents above in your phone. dont use high quality photos. 

Yes! The contract.

When you recommend not using high quality photos I presume that is because the file size and I'm uploading these?

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

What hassle? It's a very straightforward procedure.

Except for the stone cold hard fact that if I were a Thai national s/he wouldn't have to deal with it at all correct? Moreover, it's quite possible the owner might need to actually show their face in immigration. That to me is a bonafide hassle.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

If you don't have anything to contribute at least don't troll.

What exactly did you contribute to the advice. Pot calling the kettle.

12 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Moreover, it's quite possible the owner might need to actually show their face in immigration. That to me is a bonafide hassle.

The owner isn't even solely responsible to file a TM30, let alone be required to attend in person.

Read the Immigration Act.
Either the owner, or he, or his wife, can file in the capacity of owner, tenant, or possessor of the Condo.

1 hour ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Except for the stone cold hard fact that if I were a Thai national s/he wouldn't have to deal with it at all correct? Moreover, it's quite possible the owner might need to actually show their face in immigration. That to me is a bonafide hassle.

The owner can do it online, no need to go to immigration. but if they have to go to immigration for some reason then so what, that's the cost of doing business. If owner can't do that then don't sign the contract. Simples.

2 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Yes! The contract.

When you recommend not using high quality photos I presume that is because the file size and I'm uploading these?

Correct. Mobile app will not accept high quality. Just simple but clean shot will do the job. Its so easy.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

The owner can do it online, no need to go to immigration. but if they have to go to immigration for some reason then so what, that's the cost of doing business. If owner can't do that then don't sign the contract. Simples.

More than likely they just don't rent to foreigners.

20 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

...Judging from what I have read on/off on this forum my wife can use an app (??) and register as POSESSOR in lieu of owner dealing with the hassle....

If the rental agreement is in your wife's name, she can indeed make the notification of your arrival at the residence in her name in her capacity as the possessor

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 7:28 PM, SuperSilverHaze said:

I asked a simple question and this is the response. Beggars belief.

If you read the Act, you'd be aware who is responsible for filing a TM30, and it's not the responsibility of your wife as you suggested.

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 12:30 AM, Liquorice said:

If you read the Act, you'd be aware who is responsible for filing a TM30, and it's not the responsibility of your wife as you suggested.

Oh, you again. I sincerely hope you were a lawyer in your past life.

I never stated it was my wife's responsibility nor even suggested it. Guess you're not a lawyer just pedantic.

I simply was looking for an easy option for a hesitant landlord I might encounter.

You're now on ignore.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:25 AM, Maestro said:

It depends on your wife's nationally: Thai or non-Thai?

Thai

On 1/2/2023 at 4:30 AM, Maestro said:

If the rental agreement is in your wife's name, she can indeed make the notification of your arrival at the residence in her name in her capacity as the possessor

Our lease is currently in her name, Immigration hasn't made too much fuss but did want it in mine. I think it's better in hers for a variety of reasons. Will pick up next extension in a few days.